Skyrim freezing upon "Q" button press

Hi people!

I've already posted on the official Skyrim boards without any luck so far.
    Here's my problem:

I've put over 150h into Skyrim by now and already played about 5h into the new 1.9 patch.
    But since Saturday morning my game keeps freezing when I press "Q" to pop up my favorites-list.

This has never happened before. Since my game was updated through steam to 1.9 i've already played about 5 hours without any issue.
    I've also updated SKSE to the most recent version and i didn't change anything concerning mods ... usually i let them be updated through steam once a day by starting the skyrim launcher. (i only use mods from the steam workshop)

How do I solve that problem? WOuld be really great if somebody could help.

Thanks in advance!
    My signature was too big, so now I use this one.

Scarab Lord
    It sounds like a script problem so it's most likely SKSE and/or any mod running through it causing the issue. My best guess would be SKYUI.

Try disabling it and if the problem stop then update it or rollback to a previous version, whatever works out.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Here's my problem:
    since Saturday morning my game keeps freezing when I press "Q" to pop up my favorites-list.
    How do I solve that problem? WOuld be really great if somebody could help.
    Rebind Q to something else, see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    It sounds like a script problem so it's most likely SKSE and/or any mod running through it causing the issue. My best guess would be SKYUI.

Try disabling it and if the problem stop then update it or rollback to a previous version, whatever works out.
    i'm gonna try that, but i'm wondering why SkyUI and SKSE cause the problem NOW ... and not already couple of hours before...

but thanks for your answers anyway at least here i get some official boards are like DEAD

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i'm gonna try that, but i'm wondering why SkyUI and SKSE cause the problem NOW ... and not already couple of hours before..
    Computers work(or doesn't) in mysterious ways. They sometimes appear to have personalities and feelings.

but thanks for your answers anyway at least here i get some official boards are like DEAD
    MMO-C is the best for game or computer support

Also, please do report back if the problem is solved or not. It's nice for us to get some closure.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

It sounds more to me like its a mod that modifies the favorite-category that is bugging for you. If you have any such thing, try disabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudefella View Post
    It sounds more to me like its a mod that modifies the favorite-category that is bugging for you. If you have any such thing, try disabling it.
    i have no such mods.
    i mostly use graphical overhauls and skyui.

haven't tried your fixes yet, got some stuff for university to do first - but i'll sure let you know if it worked or not.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 08:44 PM ----------

well ... my game is actually running fine again !

after i tried your provided solutions - which didn't help by the way - i tried reinstalling the game, which also didn't help ...
    then i started disabling mods by group ...

it turns out that one the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch"es caused the problem. i'm not sure which one since i've disabled them all at once (as i said i'd turn off mods by group) ...
    seems that the author Arthmoor didn't update all the unofficial patches for the lastest official skyrim patch, thus causing the problem.