Thread: 10 man Tsulong

10 man Tsulong

We just started actually trying to progress on Tsulong tonight. I've killed it before in pugs, but my guild seems to be struggling. We're two tanking it (pally and monk), three healing it (shaman, pally, druid). We've given it maybe 5 serious pulls overall, but I'd like to minimize wipes to stupid stuff, so I'm looking for some tips.

Night phase is kinda hard to do badly, but we've been resetting stacks around 9 or 10, tanks switch after getting 1 stack. In day phase, we have 4 dps assigned to a quadrent of the room with a ranged in the center helping where dps is short. On our best attempt, 5 adds still reached the boss. I need to know if that's a dps being too low problem, or needing more control on adds, or whatever other tips anyone might have there.

As far as healing goes, we still need some more help. Even if 5 adds hadn't reached the boss on our last attempt, we wouldn't have gotten the kill (though it would've been pretty close). I'm sitting at about 1k haste (according to EJ, the next huge haste cap above 3k is pretty latency-dependent, and not the best to rely on), 7.8k spirit, and the rest mastery (64.35%) for this fight. That leaves my crit at about 12.66%. I'm wondering if I should leave as much mastery on my gear as possible for the first day phase OP-ness, or if I should put more into crit for throughput on Tsulong. The rotation I've been using (need more practice, but trying) is ES up, RT ticking, then just HW without the healing buff if I don't need to heal the raid, just to conserve mana. Just before Sun Breath, pop HST. When Sun Breath starts casting, I UE and precast a GHW to land after the cast, RT to benefit from UE+buff, then HS until the buff falls off. I've read that having HR down below Tsulong right before he casts Sun Breath is helpful, but my ranged aren't very good at standing close to us so I would basically only be healing healers and Tsulong, so I wasn't sure if that was a good investment of mana. Is it super good that I should do it anyone, and should I be bitching out my ranged until they stand in my heals for that phase, or is it not worth it?

Lastly, I don't know what to have my other healers do. I don't play any other healing classes, and I've read rotations for them, but I feel like I really have to be missing something here. What should druids and pallies be doing to maximize their healing on this phase, other than the obvious popping cds only when sun breath has cast?

Here's some logs.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=10174&e=10672
    We end the day phase with Tsulong hostile at 48-49% health usually, so right on track for 4 phases at 25% each.. but that's also with my mastery being epic, so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

As a general answer if you are having adds hit the boss. They are vulnerable to pretty much all slows, stuns, etc... They also spawn in groups of 3 so you should have a spare dps to help people struggling.

On a specific note your warlock is doing pretty poorly. He only had a 31.2% uptime on immolate. That's about 1/3 of what it should be. You also have 3 dps under a tank. This was normal in dungeon gear but shouldn't be happening except in specific situations. This is not one of them.

Overall dps just needs to step up their game and you should be alright.

Deleted
    Hi,

I was just looking at the log you posted and the boss got healed for 25510562 (20,4%) of its HP. Thas a LOT of dmg. Basicaly with your dmg you cant let even one get to the boss. --> This is the prio ... dont even let them get to the boss on the transition as this will heal the boss (the night version).

Once you manage this, your dmg/heal is on par with our when we first killed it (and we had 45 sec to spare on the enrage).
    In the day phase just focus on the small adds --> use all kinds of slows and stuns.

For the big adds, tank them in front of the boss so they get the dmg from the sun breath. You want to aim to kill them 4 sec before the sun breath comes --> all the small adds will be wiped out. What works is 1st big add --> Zerg it down.
    2nd big add --> slack on it (he will cast 2x terrorize, but as long as you are good with dispells its fine)
    3rd --> zerg it!

Thats about it. Just kill the small adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    As a general answer if you are having adds hit the boss. They are vulnerable to pretty much all slows, stuns, etc... They also spawn in groups of 3 so you should have a spare dps to help people struggling.

On a specific note your warlock is doing pretty poorly. He only had a 31.2% uptime on immolate. That's about 1/3 of what it should be. You also have 3 dps under a tank. This was normal in dungeon gear but shouldn't be happening except in specific situations. This is not one of them.

Overall dps just needs to step up their game and you should be alright.
    Okay, thanks. I'll pass that info on to my warlock. I was hoping there'd be an answer other than telling dps to step it up >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Straido View Post
    Hi,

I was just looking at the log you posted and the boss got healed for 25510562 (20,4%) of its HP. Thas a LOT of dmg. Basicaly with your dmg you cant let even one get to the boss. --> This is the prio ... dont even let them get to the boss on the transition as this will heal the boss (the night version).

Once you manage this, your dmg/heal is on par with our when we first killed it (and we had 45 sec to spare on the enrage).
    In the day phase just focus on the small adds --> use all kinds of slows and stuns.

For the big adds, tank them in front of the boss so they get the dmg from the sun breath. You want to aim to kill them 4 sec before the sun breath comes --> all the small adds will be wiped out. What works is 1st big add --> Zerg it down.
    2nd big add --> slack on it (he will cast 2x terrorize, but as long as you are good with dispells its fine)
    3rd --> zerg it!

Thats about it. Just kill the small adds.
    That's the strategy we're using. Unfortunately, we're missing some of the actual execution, as you can tell with the boss getting those 25 million damage. We could usually get the first terror down, but an add might hit. The second one was iffy, sometimes perfect and sometimes just too late. And the third one was never down in time to hit the adds with the breath. Am I missing something, or is it just telling dps to burst it more effectively?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your dps should have no problem killing those adds. I looked at your hunter specifically (my main is a SV hunter) and I have no clue what he's doing. Survival hunters should have absolutely no problem with them. Just keep up Black Arrow on the big add, use Ice Trap every other add, and glyphed Explosive trap for the others. It's kinda odd that the adds took more damage from Sun Breath than anything else. As for the big add, it looks like the small fearing adds are up a lot longer than they should be. Straido explained it pretty well.

That's basically the gist of it. Those adds have GOT to be dying quicker.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aegle View Post
    Okay, thanks. I'll pass that info on to my warlock. I was hoping there'd be an answer other than telling dps to step it up >.<

That's the strategy we're using. Unfortunately, we're missing some of the actual execution, as you can tell with the boss getting those 25 million damage. We could usually get the first terror down, but an add might hit. The second one was iffy, sometimes perfect and sometimes just too late. And the third one was never down in time to hit the adds with the breath. Am I missing something, or is it just telling dps to burst it more effectively?
    Basically it's just a matter of your dps doing better. Maybe they're not slowing? It is VERY important to keep slowing the adds. For instance, on the first add, what I do is put down an Ice Trap on my add, burst down the big add until it's dead (I'll throw a DoT on my little add) then I'll kill the little add. The second add should be fine just from your warrior and the tank. Third one might be a little tough, but you should be able to burst it down the same way as the first add.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more important to kill Unstable Sha adds than to kill the Terror fast.
    It's even fine to sometimes let Fright Spawn appear without breath if you have melee there.
    Just put some dedicated ranged on adds ONLY, separate area by spawn point for example.
    Old Gods made me do it.