is 3 flashpoint limit account or character?

I've started playing around with SWTOR, and I was curious if the 3 flashpoint restriction applies to your entire account or if it is 3 flashpoints per week for each character?

I think it's per character.

And there's no actual limit to the number of flash points you can run. You can only roll on the final loot 5 times a week though. At least that's my understanding of it, I've never been super clear on the matter : /

I think the limit is still 3 Edge.. either that or they haven't updated their chart (which is totally possible). But either way it is a limit on the rewards you can get from flashpoints. You can run as many flashpoints as you want but you can only get the rewards a limited number of times. Never been real clear if it's just the last boss in the flashpoint's loot that counts or all the bosses :/ Also, passing on gear still counts against you for the counter.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also, passing on gear still counts against you for the counter.
    ...wtf. I had no idea that was the case. Can they do anything right? I logged on once this past weekend to PvP and had fun, but then I immediately logged off because I started to remember all of the missteps.
    BAD WOLF

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...wtf. I had no idea that was the case. Can they do anything right? I logged on once this past weekend to PvP and had fun, but then I immediately logged off because I started to remember all of the missteps.
    So... you're avoiding doing something fun (and free), because of your principles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    So... you're avoiding doing something fun (and free), because of your principles?
    So you disregard ethics and principles as you lead your YOLO life?
    BAD WOLF

When the moon aligns with the stars they can do something right but thier default seems to be to do everything wrong, especially if its not beneficial to the player.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 08:56 PM ----------

So you disregard ethics and principles as you lead your YOLO life?
    I hate people who do that, it's like choosing to be dumb or to be a doormat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    When the moon aligns with the stars they can do something right but thier default seems to be to do everything wrong, especially if its not beneficial to the player.
    It's just at this point I don't expect to find anything else that is harmful to the player that I didn't know about...but I'm constantly 'surprised' by what I learn about this game. I think the only reason I logged on and still have it installed is that tiny little flicker of hope that something will be turned around. I know it's foolish...I should probably just uninstall and never read these boards again.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I hate people who do that, it's like choosing to be dumb or to be a doormat.
    It's far worse than that. I'm being criticized for having principles because I'm not going to keep playing a 'free' game. I say 'free', because the poster is entirely wrong about that. I've spent over $100 on the game. It certainly has never been free for me and arguably hasn't even earned my payments yet.
    BAD WOLF

Yes it was like that when they first implemented it and I haven't seen anything to indicate it's been changed. I think the reasoning is that even if you pass on the loot you still had the opportunity for the loot, so it should count. (only reasoning I can imagine that would make any sort of sense).

It's far worse than that. I'm being criticized for having principles because I'm not going to keep playing a 'free' game. I say 'free', because the poster is entirely wrong about that. I've spent over $100 on the game. It certainly has never been free for me and arguably hasn't even earned my payments yet.
    I know right? Just because something is free seems to absolve it of any faults for some people. Air is free but i'll complain if its polluted and makes me cough. People will then say "move on if you don't like the air" what if there is other stuff there i like, like family, friends or something I worked towards? But nope I must love absolutely everything or gtfo.

I won't deny the game is free but its hardly a game for free. It's the most bare bones junk I have ever seen. I paid for the original box set and get barely anything for it.

Then its laughable when people try to pass off the F2P game as a "trial", if it is a trial they should have called it a trial and made it more like other trials but as is it's just a horrible excuse for a f2p game and it constantly punishes you until you either submit and pay a sub or give up and leave.

carrot or the whip? Bioware: "We'll go with whip"

Deleted
    Also, passing on gear still counts against you for the counter.
    Are you sure it still works this way? I ask because I've read that it hasn't worked that way for a while now. Please confirm this if you can as misinformation is the last thing this game needs.

I'll try and confirm it also when I get ingame later tonight (will ask around).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the limit is still 3 Edge.. either that or they haven't updated their chart (which is totally possible). But either way it is a limit on the rewards you can get from flashpoints. You can run as many flashpoints as you want but you can only get the rewards a limited number of times. Never been real clear if it's just the last boss in the flashpoint's loot that counts or all the bosses :/ Also, passing on gear still counts against you for the counter.
    I have never played the game and came here by accident but just had to comment on your title...i have a Corgi named Hashbrown and LOVE your title...awesome. That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Are you sure it still works this way? I ask because I've read that it hasn't worked that way for a while now. Please confirm this if you can as misinformation is the last thing this game needs.

I'll try and confirm it also when I get ingame later tonight (will ask around).
    Bah, to bad I didn't have time to look here before heading to work this morning I could have double checked. You'll probably be able to check it before me though so I'll look forward to hearing. I literally hadn't heard anything about this changing but if they did, it would be a good change

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    I have never played the game and came here by accident but just had to comment on your title...i have a Corgi named Hashbrown and LOVE your title...awesome. That is all
    \o/ Corgi's should rule the world

10+ Year Old Account
    \o/ Corgi's should rule the world

Ten Characters
    BAD WOLF

In my experience the looting rules for f2p/preferred are inconsistent. I've not lost weekly rolls if I pass on loot from the final boss, but I have lost rolls if I roll on loot from an optional side-boss, such as the droid in... Black Talon, I think? Been a while. On the other hand, I've had it not count against my weekly allowance if I roll and lose.

It also counts if you loot something from a boss while soloing an instance.

So the answer is basically: I doubt even BioWare knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    In my experience the looting rules for f2p/preferred are inconsistent. I've not lost weekly rolls if I pass on loot from the final boss, but I have lost rolls if I roll on loot from an optional side-boss, such as the droid in... Black Talon, I think? Been a while. On the other hand, I've had it not count against my weekly allowance if I roll and lose.

So the answer is basically: I doubt even BioWare knows.
    I have similar experience with the loot. In most cases passing on loot at final boss doesn't count to your 3 rolls weekly cap but I have noticed some anomalies.
    Upon killing Hammerstation last boss I would loose one of my weekly rolls even before rolling on the loot. It happened on both of my characters but it was a few weeks a go so it could have been fixed but probably wasn't. Same thing with the last boss on Red Reaper.

Totally opposite thing happened on Candeminu, at least I think it was that FP. (The one where you have to kite the boss around because 3/4 of the room goes up in flames) I was allowed to roll on the loot even if I had 0/3 weekly rolls left, I ran the FP a few times that day and could roll every time.

I was going to write "hope this helps" but after reading it myself I realized that it probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's odd. I've soloed a couple instances and walked out with everything that dropped as a nonsub. Soloed Hammer Station 4x one Saturday for an orange item that never dropped. =( Looted and vendored everything else. It didn't even occurred to me to check my available loot rolls since I thought those were in effect if you joined a group via the instance finder?

Well that's a whole bunch of convoluted >< I didn't know about it counting when solo though...