Patch 5.2 - 10% nerf coming to Normal and Heroic T14

The newly-released official 5.2 PTR patch notes reveal that all T14 Normal and Heroic content is getting a 10% nerf. Guess that explains the Feats of Strength.

"On Normal and Heroic mode, zone-wide auras have been activated in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring, reducing the health and damage of all enemies therein by 10%. A NPC near the entrance within each zone explains this, and offers to deactivate the buff for the benefit of brave/foolhardy adventurers."

(Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/822...y_30-1_30_2013)

That's not as bad as they normally do it, and at least it's after the content is relevant.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Not unexpected.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Expected. Its fine, a new Tier is out, older tiers beeing lowered for new comers that want to pug, etc.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will also make it easier for those who decide to switch mains, and need to get all those sigils again.

Hmm, interesting. When they reworded the FoS, I figured they were just going to let the new gear nerf the content artificially. I posted this in the R+D forums with your other post, but this seems to be where the action is.

I guess they were afraid of people complaining if they could not kill ToT bosses to outgear 5.0 encounters? Oh well...10% is a good amount I suppose, compared to the 30%+ precedents. I just hope it doesn't stack and trivialize the encounters; I'm enjoying "struggling" through the zones on alts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Weren't they supposed to scrap the zone-wide buff (or debuff, whatever) in favor of granting the Cutting Edge FoSes for killing endbosses prior to 5.2?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Not that unexpected. A new tier will be out anyway so I don't see why anyone would care very much.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    They always do this, not that much of a shocker
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

They are doing this because otherwise those raids would be almost entirely abandoned. As it stands, I expect they still will get very little use.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Expected but also the nerf isn't as big or shocking as cough DS cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Weren't they supposed to scrap the zone-wide buff (or debuff, whatever) in favor of granting the Cutting Edge FoSes for killing endbosses prior to 5.2?
    I didn't expect them to actually use the auras after this either. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there was, or is, no certainty on whether the auras would be activated so the wording was a way of playing it safe.

All in all, it is a reasonable addition and nothing too unexpected. I think the biggest surprise is the reasonably small scale of the nerf. I wonder if they're testing the waters regarding an adjusted raid progression path design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fair enough, its old content by then and it can be turned of, its not any insane amount its getting nerfed by either like DS being at 30%

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep your discussion to the one thread, created earlier:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-Heroic-T14