Elemental PVE - Mastery or Haste... or both?

I have been reading around quite alot recently.

Some say all-out haste is the best for elemental dps. Some say Mastery and some say both. Is it really about taste in the end?

I have been looking at alot of armory profiles from people who do insanely well on WOL. People who do 130k on Sha of Fear etc. There I see reforge in mastery as well.

Any idea on this? I assume Mastery is alot more "spikey" and haste is more "sustainable" ?

It depends on personal preference and your playstyle tbqh. Mastery is going to do better on any fight with sustained AE (Wind Lord, HC Sha towards the end) while Haste is generally a better stat for maintained single target DPS. A Haste-focused build also works well if you ditch EB for PE (which has an added benefit of simplifying your rotation a bit). Additionally, a Haste build with EB would also likely situationally perform better, as well, but the general consensus from a purely min/max standpoint is to take your gear, sim it, and find out what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It depends on personal preference and your playstyle tbqh. Mastery is going to do better on any fight with sustained AE (Wind Lord, HC Sha towards the end) while Haste is generally a better stat for maintained single target DPS. A Haste-focused build also works well if you ditch EB for PE (which has an added benefit of simplifying your rotation a bit). Additionally, a Haste build with EB would also likely situationally perform better, as well, but the general consensus from a purely min/max standpoint is to take your gear, sim it, and find out what works best.
    Ok, fair enough. But how do I... sim it? Through a spreadsheet?

SimC. It's pretty straight forward if you copy it from your armory, though now that CharDev's dead in the water and item upgrades, I've found it's a bit more difficult to hypothesize potential DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    SimC. It's pretty straight forward if you copy it from your armory, though now that CharDev's dead in the water and item upgrades, I've found it's a bit more difficult to hypothesize potential DPS.
    Ugh. Tell me about it. I wanted to play around with simming my offspec reforges at work this morning at Chardev won't even load profiles now.