Thread: Headsets...

Headsets...

After damaging my Gamscon 777 in 3 different ways I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get a new headset, I really have no idea of what's good and what isn't so looking for some advice, top price I'd guess would be £50 GBP. Someone did suggest the Logitech H360 but I'm concerned about a round the neck headset becoming uncomfortable with sustained use. Anyone able to give some advise and share some insight on good headsets? Also needs to be USB connector ideally, preferably not using one of those little adapter things as those tend to break really fast in my experience.
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2013-02-05 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Plantronics Gamecom 780 - £48.99

If you're willing go headphones + clip-on mic this is an amazing deal right now:

Takstar HI 2050 - £25.99 (that's really cheap, they compare to many much more expensive headphones)

Zalman ZM-MIC1 microphone - £9.90

Ordered the 780 thanks as I need a USB connector headset, I know it's a 'gaming headset' but I'm guessing it's good quality and clear for Skype/VOIP programs?

If its good for gaming, its good for everything
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Ordered the 780 thanks as I need a USB connector headset, I know it's a 'gaming headset' but I'm guessing it's good quality and clear for Skype/VOIP programs?
    Yeah perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Plantronics Gamecom 780 - £48.99

If you're willing go headphones + clip-on mic this is an amazing deal right now:

Takstar HI 2050 - £25.99 (that's really cheap, they compare to many much more expensive headphones)

Zalman ZM-MIC1 microphone - £9.90
    i'll vouch for the takstar based on them being really damn durable. Sound is amazing, too. I'd get them again and I have them.
    The only reason you might want to not get them is if you listen to metal - that tends to sound ... smeared I guess would be the word. too many layers of sound get blended together when you turn it up. for electronic music and VOIP it's great.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."