Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Could C'Thun still be alive ?

    It's oftenly said that the Old God's corpses are giants, and i was wondering : could C'Thun still be alive ? I mean, the only thing we seems to have killed is an eye, some tentacles and a stomach (He could have more stomachs than one). Also, when we bring him elementium ingots, Arygos states that the elementium is an element created by the volatility of C'Thun.
    And what was the main mineral in Cataclysm ? Elementium.
    Doesn't it implie that C'Thun is still alive ?
    Also, Elementium seems to be the equivalent for Northrend's saronite, made of Yoggy's blood.

  2. #2
    The things we kill aren't "merely parts" of them, they are what the old gods stand for. Cthun pretty much was a giant eye upon a monstrous body, Yogg Saron was a giant maw with lots of smaller maws and so on.

    As for Elementium, even if both kind of elementium are related he doesn't necessarily have to be alive for it to still be around. There is no reason it would magicaly vanish once he dies.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,288
    Possibly, but all I remember is Cho'gall was hiding in C'Thun lair torturing & holding Med'an hostage aswell. Cho'gall was twisted under the influence of C'Thun. Cho'gal became a living Avatar of C'thun. So there is a possability someone could become a living avatar of C'thun once again.

  4. #4
    Ywaq maq oou; ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn.

    that answers to your question

  5. #5
    Another "merely a set back"?

  6. #6
    "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    —Herald Volazj

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    —Herald Volazj
    I said that first

  8. #8
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,003
    We killed their physical forms, or at least part of it. The Old Gods don't need their physical forms to survive, it just makes it easier for them to influence the world. All we did was hold back a chunk of their influence.

  9. #9
    Basically, Old Gods can't be killed. Well, they can be killed, but since they are kind of symbiotic parasites, killing them would hurt veeeeeery badly Azeroth (it's the death of an Old God that caused the apparition of the Sha).
    So I hope C'thun is still alive... And he probably is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    And what was the main mineral in Cataclysm ? Elementium.
    Doesn't it implie that C'Thun is still alive ?
    Also, Elementium seems to be the equivalent for Northrend's saronite, made of Yoggy's blood.
    No.

    Elementium origins from the Elemental Plane, it was mostly created during the Conflict of the Old Gods & Elemental Lords, before Cataclysm the Ore was literally very rare and the Goblin Lab Guys in BWL were the only source.

    The Cataclysm brought the Elemental Plane closer to Azeroth, so Elementium became more common on Azeroth.

    If Elementium would have been C'thun blood, then they should try to explain why you find in Twilight Highlands / Tol Barad, Saronite is only found in northern Zones of Northrend, which is pretty logical but i doubt that C'thun stretches over all of Azeroth.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    —Herald Volazj
    Pretty much this, they're outside the cycle. They can't die because they don't live, so technically C'thun isn't alive, but he isn't dead either. He is most likely inactive as of now, but he'll be back, Yogg-Saron will also be back in due time.

    As for Elementium, it originates from The Firelands and Deepholm, and since the Old Gods are the masters of the Elemental Lords, and thus their realms too, it shouldn't wonder me that they have a connection with it.

  12. #12
    I think they're in "their dimension", waiting to be summoned once again to bring chaos in Azeroth.

    At least I think so.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Pit Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think they're in "their dimension", waiting to be summoned once again to bring chaos in Azeroth.
    That's an oooooooold way to make enemies come back. Demons and elementals already do that, i hope Old Gods are somewhat different and have better meanings to rise again.

    I believe he's still alive, but maybe not a threat for Azeroth anymore, since we killed a part of him and hopefully sealed him back underground.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No.

    Elementium origins from the Elemental Plane, it was mostly created during the Conflict of the Old Gods & Elemental Lords, before Cataclysm the Ore was literally very rare and the Goblin Lab Guys in BWL were the only source.

    The Cataclysm brought the Elemental Plane closer to Azeroth, so Elementium became more common on Azeroth.

    If Elementium would have been C'thun blood, then they should try to explain why you find in Twilight Highlands / Tol Barad, Saronite is only found in northern Zones of Northrend, which is pretty logical but i doubt that C'thun stretches over all of Azeroth.
    So, why did Arygos said that ?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    That's an oooooooold way to make enemies come back. Demons and elementals already do that, i hope Old Gods are somewhat different and have better meanings to rise again.

    I believe he's still alive, but maybe not a threat for Azeroth anymore, since we killed a part of him and hopefully sealed him back underground.
    you know what would make me happy? if c'thun returned in humanoid form. a humanoid c'thun with all his continental old god powers in a compact and mobile form to take over the world and recover his huge body. something like hiei, but with gray skin and tentacles.

    he should also have a lot of dialog so we could know his personality better. his last appearance was in vanilla, in a time bosses hardly ever talked and had 0 personality

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    We killed their physical forms, or at least part of it. The Old Gods don't need their physical forms to survive, it just makes it easier for them to influence the world. All we did was hold back a chunk of their influence.
    Source? Link? Anything? No? Just as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Pretty much this, they're outside the cycle. They can't die because they don't live, so technically C'thun isn't alive, but he isn't dead either. He is most likely inactive as of now, but he'll be back, Yogg-Saron will also be back in due time.
    Again, source, link or anything that gives what you say any kind of credibility would be nice. The old gods are far, far from immortal and they are merely "represented" by certain body aspects, doesn't mean we only killed a SMALL part of them. In fact last time I read something about the whole issue they were stated to be indeed dead by a blue, sadly I can't find the post beeing looking for the last few minutes for it.

    So anything to actually back up your claims would be nice, because so far it seems to be merely fan wank. And seeing how it comes from some guy with One Piece and another with a Baboon in their signature it's not very credible.

  18. #18
    Pit Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    He should also have a lot of dialog so we could know his personality better. his last appearance was in vanilla, in a time bosses hardly ever talked and had 0 personality
    I don't know, i liked the fact the only things he'd say were along the lines of "Your heart will explode"... it made for a pretty creepy monster.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Source? Link? Anything? No? Just as usual.
    But then you go on to say this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In fact last time I read something about the whole issue they were stated to be indeed dead by a blue, sadly I can't find the post beeing looking for the last few minutes for it.
    By your own standard, what you just said is irrelevant until you can provide a source.

    At any rate, I don't think that the idea that the Old Gods are still alive is even arguable. The only reason that the Titans didn't destroy them outright is because they realized that doing so would result in the destruction of Azeroth. If we had killed C'thun and Yogg'Saron, then surely Azeroth would have suffered as a result. And as for a source, if this isn't good enough for you, then I don't know what you're looking for.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Augh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Secret Mountain Lair
    Posts
    398
    Stuff about the fact the Titans actually couldn't just go ahead and kill them, if they were even capable was already mentioned.

    Then you got stuff such as -

    In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions.
    If you say shit about Sargeras around here people lose their minds. Old Gods gank Titans, it would seem. We chipped their crossdimensional toenails, that's it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •