Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vetreth looked round the village for a few moments. He could vaguely remember it from when he lived in Westfall but things changed so much in half a century and he could barely recognise the place. That said he set off towards the Blacksmith. These things tended to be the same in all lands and ages.

((The two biggest things with roleplaying is that "acting is reacting", or in other words, we have a set personality for our characters. Whenever something happens, we have to portray our character in the way he or she is supposed to be portrayed when reacting to that situation. Secondly, inter-character dialogue is basically just a simulation of real life. If you were a fireman and you were joking about just letting the fire burn and letting those people die, you'd get some angry glares at best, and a pink card at worst. It's the same thing here... joking is awesome, and even if it's rather crude or macabre, that's fine, but there's a time and place for everything, y'know? Making jokes about killing the people we're trying to save in a serious situation wouldn't be appropriate, so unless your character doesn't really understand the concept of appropriate situations, then he probably wouldn't say it.))

((You kinda have to be good at looking at something from a more disassociated perspective. Analytically looking at social interaction is a part of roleplaying, since you can't play your role if you don't understand those kinds of concepts... which is kinda ironic, since I had a lot of trouble with that sort of thing while growing up. It takes some time to get used to it but I think you're on the right track ))

((And as a general remark, I'd like to apologize for the lack of posting today, I've been doing a lot of Halo 4 with a friend I rarely see.))

Duronos nodded and headed out himself. He quickly reached the edge of the village, and noted that about three of the homes' doors were ajar. Curious. Taking quick peeks into each of the single-roomed buildings he saw nothing except clutter and knocked-down furniture. Going to the next three houses, he had to break open the doors of two, and one was unlocked. These houses were not empty of people... each had a small family in a corner soaked with their blood, covered in burn marks.

The dwarf left his share of houses feeling grim, heading to the center of the village to wait for the others to see what they've found.

((Do note, guys, that there are no warlocks visibly present in any of the buildings, though there are a couple survivors in the town hall and the other half of the houses, just something to think over when you next post. I will be roleplaying as the civvies, as well.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan picked the lock to the back door of the tannery with ease. Despite his roaming eyes no motion other than his thundering comrades was caught. A quick inspection of the tannery reveled nothing. Being wrong was incredibly annoying to Ryan but he let it pass since most situations he went into with more information. He stole a glance through the store front windows. Nothing....What are these warlocks up too? Seeing Duronos at the center of town he concluded whatever section he searched turned up nothing as well. Even still with the rest of the group still wandering around he didn't see the point in hurrying to such an exposed position. He slipped out the back door, re-locking it. A quick glance around ensured no-one watching and with a quick leap Ryan pulled himself onto the roof. He flattened himself at the center back of the peaked roof and watched the town just over the crest. His cloak matching the thatched-roof quite well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust began to round up the shaken families one by one. Although he would most likely need them later he handed out all of his first aid supplies minus a single bandage. Most were terrified upon his initial approach but he was able to convince them to trust him one by one he attempted to move them out of the city limits. One little girl ran up and hugged Faust and almost had to be pulled off by her parents. Faust gave her the little gold he had in his pocket and said"once the bad men are taken care, buy yourself or your family something nice. You earned it" Faust gave her a big smile then once she was out of hearing range he muttered,"those bastards are going to pay do not worry."

((By the way, ah, we're supposed to meet up in the center of town, so Duronos can get a good idea of how many survivors there were, hence why I had the guy there when he was done searching his bit. I'm sorry, I should have made it clearer.))

10+ Year Old Account
    "Mommy--?" Lou Shen turned to the corner and saw a small group of human women and children. He approached, but was met with uncertain glares. He bowed, "Fear not people of Westfall, I come to help. My friends and I are going to get you to safety." Still hesitant, the citizens did nothing, but shake. They stared intently behind him as if something were looking. He realized the look was not of fear as he expected, but anticipation. "I see..."
    He dodged the shovels and pitchforks with realitive ease, but was surprised to see these villagers were so readily prepared. "I am not your--" dodges another blow, "--Enemy!" Refusing to unsheathe his spear he decided to wait until the men grew tired. They numbered two and Lou Shen could easily dispatch them safely. "I will not lay a paw on you! Please, follow me!" After a few more swings, the men stopped. They panted and then looked to the families under their care, after a moment, they nodded.
    The Pandaren nodded too, "Follow me to the town center, assuming there is no one else in hiding here." The men shook their heads and Lou Shen presented the door. "Fear not, you'll be safe soon." No guarantees however...

((Hope you don't mind the villager's reaction. I just thought it'd emphasize the mood a bit. Plus, it makes for an interesting post.))

Cautiously, she stepped into the dark barn. The stench hit her first.. something was rotting in here. She could hear faint noises.. but was this a cultist or a mere animal? Twirling her glaive with grace, she was ready for whatever may strike her. Sticking to the walls, she worked her way over to what appeared to be a sealed window. It was evident, from the slivers of light appearing through the edges. Lifting the wooden plank which barred it shut, she flung it open, as the sun shone directly into the dark barn. Immediately the entire room was illuminated.

And then she saw it. The livestock, steeds, and any form of life had been slain. Dried blood was smeared over the floor and walls.. evidently proof that a dark ritual had taken place here. Rats scurried about.. the source of the faint noises. They darted away at the sign of sunlight.

Raising her arm, she tried to cover her nose from the stench of rotting flesh. These animals had been torn apart, yet they had first been tortured, their bodies scarred from what looked like cuts from a knife. Shaking her head, she looked around the room, searching for anything of use. Nothing. It was barren, aside from a few useless saddles and farming tools.

Fruitless, she departed for the middle of the town, where she was to meet the others. Hopefully their searches were more successful.

The old dwarf was waiting silentlyas the others made their war into the village. Lying on the hill, he kept an overlook of the village and anything suspicious. The dwarf kept his sight trimmed on the barn foremost. He did see a hayloft on that barn, and it had a small window with a pulley on the outside. If he was to relocate that was the place to go. After the elf left the barn again the dwarf strapped his rifle to his back again, drew and cocked two of his flintlocks and and hurried down into the village. As he arrived near the elf, he silently adressed her. "What'd you find in that barn? I was looking for a nearer vantage point."

((I hope the assumption that the barn has a hayloft is fine. Also I'm on IRC atm.))

((I'll assume we're all back at the center of town, 'cept for Ely and Khor.))

Duronos looked at the civilians. About a dozen... couple men, mostly women, and a few children. Too few. They stood back, behind the pandaren and the warrior who found them, looking frightened. The old dwarf and the spellbreaker weren't back yet, but they were relatively close. It wasn't a large village. Still, the fact that there were so few of them was a sobering moment. They were the few that remained of this atrocity. Once they were safe, Duronos and his allies could start their work in avenging them and their loved ones. "Alright, this looks like everyone. We should get them outta here by the northern fields... that's the quickest way to-"

Just then, he saw a glint in one of the village women's eyes, as she crept forward, right behind Lou Shen. With a darkly glowing dagger in hand, just barely visible. "Oy, watch it!" shouted the paladin, as he charged forward, shield in hand, pushing the pandaren aside and bashing the woman down. The villagers drew similar daggers and those nearby the children grabbed them, for use as leverage or human shields, they did not care which. "The villagers are warlocks! Protect the kids!"

As Eldin hered a shout from the group not far away the old dwarf needed a few seconds to fully grasp the situation. "Well I be damned malicious bastards." The dwarf quickly identified his target, one of the Villagers with a dagger, without a child near him. "This one." A loud bang erupted fron his right hand flintlock and as the little cloud of smoke had vaporized from Eldins vision in a blink, he saw the warlock sinking down to his knees, blood oozing from his chest. The man fell face down into the dirt and a big pool of blood was starting to ooze out from underneath his body. The dwarf couldn't help but smirk a bit, as he twirled the now empty gun around his finger twice, before he secured it in its holster again. His hand seemlessly moved to the next holster, as the tip of his finger was searching for a little groove on the guns handle. his finger slid along it and into the small ring protecting the trigger. He drew the firearm from its holster, and rested his thumb on the hammer pin in one fluent motion. As the weapon was drawn outward, the dwarf forcefully flicked his wrist forward. The momentum made the pistol twirl around the dwarfs fingers, while his thumb held back the hammer. As the motion finished the gun rested in his hand, cocked. the other firearm was meanwhile held close to his body, barell pointing upward, as a defensive reserve. Eldin was now screening the scene for Kids that were still out of range of the warlocks, or for opportunities to give his fellow adventurers cover fire.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2013-02-11 at 10:08 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Upon the attack Faust twirled around catching the wrist of the warlock attempting to stab, thwarting the magic users ill fated melee attack. He then preceded to break the elbow with an upward palm strike, following through with a knee to the groin. With his victim disabled he preceded to throw him into the open, away from the children giving the old dwarf on the hill a clear shot. Faust armed himself with long arm and jumped towards the next warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    The children ran in different directions and Lou Shen watched from the ground as the warlocks had resumed their vile roles. The dwarves had engaged but the Pandaren knew what he had to do. "Children! To me! I'll get you away from here!" I hope to the Vale they aren't warlocks too. Panic stricken the children ran into the fields and Lou Shen dashed after them. "I'll get the young ones to safety! Keep the wizards busy!"

One by one the Pandaren secured the children from their hastily thought hiding spots. Reminds me of when I was a child myself. The sounds of battle were still fresh and a young boy was crying incessantly. "Hey!" The child looked up from his fear to see a large Pandaren extending his hand to him. "Warriors don't shed tears." The child nodded, joined Shen and his now small entourage of children. He led them to the village entrance and held his spear at the ready. "I'll make sure you're safe. We're going to hide for a little while alright?"

He looked towards his small refugee companions, spear still in hand. I'm afraid if they turn, I'll be the only one able to do the deed. He then peered through the wheat as his companions continued the fight. Damn, I should be helping them. I want to kill my first warlock. Lou Shen turned again and observed the overwhelmed children. But not one so young.

((Ennh, thought I'd do the boring job. If you want to save kids, maybe I didn't get them all? My soft spot for the childrens is evident in rps too :P))

"The barn was deserted. All that remained were the carcases of slain livestock and unused farming equipment.", she replied to the dwarf. Thinking again, she continued, "I did notice a hayloft, but that too looked desolate. Perhaps that could be of use, in the way of a vantage point? I'm sure that there would be an opening of sorts up there which can be used to aim from.".

As the two neared the heart of the village, she overheard the commotion. They were not mere innocent villagers. Shield and glaive in hand, she darted towards a male human who was about to grab onto one of the children. As his hand was mere centimetres away from the scruff of the child's shirt, the swift high elf interjected, the curved end of her glaive locking itself around the male's wrist. Sharply tugging on it, he twisted, and tumbled to the ground. Slightly dazed, he growled at the spellbreaker, and lunged at her with the dagger that he held in his other hand.

His first strike impacted with her metal shield, releasing a pinging sound. Swinging it outwards, he was thrown off balance again, as she smashed her shield directly into his face. Disorientated, he tumbled backwards, impacting with the ground again. Twirling her glaive, the tips of the weapon began to glow a brilliant purple light, as she swung it down upon the villager's bare chest. As the tip of the weapon merely grazed his skin, flakes of a glowing nature drifted off his body towards the weapon. As it began to glow, the villager collapsed from some sort of temporary exhaustion.

Instantly spinning around, she directed her glaive at another nearby warlock - a female this time - as a pulse of purple and blue magic shot from the weapon. It struck the villager in the chest, propelling her backwards, and directly through the wall of a nearby building. Turning back to the male who was ready to lunge at her again, she swung her glaive at his neck, severing it from his body. Evidently displeased by this turn of events, she calmed herself for a moment, as she urged two cowering children towards the entrance of the village, where Lou Shen oversaw a group of them.

Nodding at him, she re-entered the fray.

As Erdin heard the Pandaren, He turned his attention towards the warlocks following the pandaren. At least four of the sourcerers were after Lou Shen or the children. "There goes my backup." the gunslinger thought. His right arm extended, leading his aim towards one of the running warlocks. While aiming he kept the relative moment speeds of the other warlocks in mind. As he fired the first shot, he started turning away from the escaping children and their prusuers. With a quicks step back into the turning motion he finished a half turn, bringing his left arm in firing direction. during the spin he already had secured the right pistol into the second chest holster, and his right hand was resting on the corresponding hip holster. Out of the rotation, the left pistol fired. Again while putting away his last weapon he already aimed with the new, while bringing his right shoulder forward again, with a quick step. A quick draw shot from his right hip, as well as the other two hit their marks. For his last shot, he yanked his left hip holster upwards and shot the pistol while still in the holster. All the flowing movement was done in mere moments and four more warlocks lay dead, while the still smoking firearms were again secured in the dwarfs armor. He quickly reached for the stock of his longbarrel. He took a deep breath as he grasped the trigger with his left hand an slowly rested the barrel in his right. He then started moving towards the others. "Two shots left."
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2013-02-11 at 04:11 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust was pleased Lou took it upon himself to save the children but the fight was far from over. Faust came upon two male warlocks standing next to each other, one with a child hostage. Faust knew the next move he was going to make would be sketchy but it was only a matter time before they started offing the children. He held long arm with one hand above his head and launched the weapon at the warlock with the child...a direct hit. Not only did it catch the warlock in the jugular the spewing blood, although soaking the child also, caught the other demonic Mage by surprise. Seeing his window,Faust charged and slammed the warlock hard against the wall knocking the wind out of him. "get to the panda kid!" the child though shaken up from the incident gave a worried nod and ran towards Shen. Faust turned back to the warlock and with one hand raised him up by the collar of his shirt then delivered a punch with an armored gauntlet with the other hand. "You sick son of a bitch, they are children!" a rage filled Faust like never before as he delivered punch after punch. With his victims face broken in more than one place Faust throw him back down to the ground. Before he pulled Long arm out of the wall he delivered a swift roundhouse kick to the jawline of the spell caster. "Do not pass out on me now, you light forsaken bastard...long arm has yet to play yet."

Nehlya noticed a villager approaching Erdin from behind, the warlock's sacrificial dagger raised. Charging towards him, she shouted "Move!", as she smacked into the dwarf sideways in an attempt to push him out of the way, raising her shield to block the strike. As the weapon struck her shield, she brought her glaive around as it struck him in the side of the head. Tugging her weapon with one swift movement, the warlock tumbled backwards, as he tried to grasp onto the wound on the side of his head.

Whispering beneath his breath, the warlock's hands began to shimmer in a deep purple hue, as a bolt of shadow magic shot directly at the spell breaker. All she could do was grin. Employing magic against me?! Fool. Spinning her blade as it began to shine in varying shades of blue and violet, she swung it, capturing the orb of shadow within the curved end of her weapon. Continuing to twirl, she brought it right around her, as the ball of shadow magic was launched right back at the villager.

It struck him directly in the head, as the very flesh upon his face began to boil and melt away. He screamed, seemingly somewhat enjoying the pain yet still reeling in agony. Soon, he grew silent, as he tumbled forward, dead.

Grimacing, she looked towards Erdin. "You're welcome.", she muttered, as she launched herself at another nearby cultist.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2013-02-11 at 06:55 PM.

Duronos placed his shield on his back and brought out his great maul. Just as the warlock he had knocked to the ground was getting up, he brought down the weapon, hitting the woman's head with a sickening crunch. Channeling the Light, he blinded another pair of warlocks and quickly dispatched one. As he turned, swinging his hammer, it met only air. The second had ran away towards the pandaren. And he was quickly accompanied by six of his friends.

The dwarf sprinted after them. He cast more Light at the warlocks, this time, manifesting as a purifying flame. Their clothing on fire, they were slowed enough for the paladin to cross the distance between them and land another kill-blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lous Shen's eyes widened in rage as the group of warlocks approached. Dammit! He extended his spear towards the incoming wizards whose clothes were on fire. Like a scene from a nightmare, the creatures came forward, ignoring all signs of pain. They grimaced maniacally as the Pandaren prepared himself, he positioned his left foot back, his right front. He held the ornate pan-spear before him, directed at the charging warlocks. They cast fel-fire towards him, knowing full well his vulnerability. If I dodge them, the children will be hit! He looked behind him to the sobbing children, clearly too stricken by fear to move from his shadow. I know this fear well.

He thought back to when villages burned in the Jade forest. To when the Alliance and Horde trampled their land. The Pandarens feared conflict and civil war. But most of all, they feared subordination. Exactly what these warlocks wrought; the will over others. They commanded vile creatures to do vile things and he now stood against the coming green fire. Just as my people before me... I will not back down! He stood tall, "Children! Don't look!" They held their hands to their faces, hoping the terror would be over soon.

Lou Shen fell to the ground.

The dwarf shot a glare at the elf, but then had to grin. "Keeping things under control and be smug about it. That, I like" Then the dwarf was able to focus on the children and the Pandaren again. Duronos was closing in but as it seems he would be too late. "Damn it!" The old dwarf brought his longbarrel into aim.

*click* *click*

When Erdin heard that sound, the rest of the world drowned in darkness around him. The screams of the children, the green fire, even the wounded ally fade. All that remains is Erdin his target and his gun. His finger tightened around the trigger until he felt resistance. "breathe" As the old marksman had taken one deep breath and exhaled it again, he pulled the trigger. The muzzle flash was bright as the sun, and as long as the rifle itself, the gunshot sound echoed from the nearby hills but the sharpshooter stayed on target. He had a second shot. Another breath later the second bullet left its barrel. "Two more, Cover me!" The marksman pulled a mechanism hidden in his gun and pulled the barrels forward. they slid out of the rifle's powder chamber and turned downwards. Erdin removed the empty shells and started reloding both barrels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vetreth reacted instantly to the warlocks bringing his sword up to the closest before he had even managed to lift his dagger. He'd been in this situation dozens of times in his long history of battle and he felt it best to let his body take over in these situation as he fell into his automatic fighting stance. Dodging here, a clean sweep with his sword to sever a warlocks head. As his body went through the motions he had a quick scan of the battlefield looking for where he could best help.

He heard a shout of cover me coming from behind him. Looking round he saw the marksman reloading as two warlocks closed on him. He ripped his rifle from his back, shot towards them before charging into one.
    Last edited by Aramore; 2013-02-11 at 10:23 PM. Reason: changed what I did because I didn't read well enough :D