Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ((Oh no, you did fine Nonfic, I was just trying to reflect my character's attitude in present day. He's kinda an ass and you'll see more of that later on. I'm hoping to present some character progression. No worries sir.))

The idea of a drink tantalized Lou Shen's thoughts. Never had a foreign brew before. He nodded, "I'd be happy to indulge your curiosities. Considering you consider some of mine." He reached to his back and pulled a gourd, filled with Pandaren alcohol. He extended his container to the human, "Care to experience Pandaria?"

((Forgive my lack of foresight and misleading comments. Have a tantalizing beverage!))

The older dwarf had finally reached the party. Up close, Duronos could see that the man was another of the faith, a good sight. After he introduced himself, the paladin gave his elder a slight nod in respect. "Duronos Ironhammer, at yours."

Looking to the side, he noticed yet another man come up to the party, this one being old, like Eldin here, but he was a human. He seemed frail, but he carried himself in a way that no soldier couldn't recognize. This man had seen war. Perhaps too much of it. When he finally came up to the group and asked for the paladin, he responded. "Aye, that be me. An' you are, sir?"

A familiar glint of light suddenly caught his eye. Holding up a hand to politely ask the older man to wait, he shouted over at the pandaren and Ryan "Oy, if you brought some spirits, there'd better be enough to share!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust grabbed the handle of Long arm and swung it around his head then brought it back around and hit the bottom of the gourd out of of Lou's hand.it sailed in the air over his head, but before it hit the ground Faust brought the head of long arm behind him and caught it. He grinned at Lou and simply said "yoink." He took a bigger swig than he should have out of the gourd and coughed twice. "Wooo, that will put some hair on your chest." He preceded to toss the gourd to Duronos "Or in your case take some off."

10+ Year Old Account
    Angered, Lou Shen immediately unsheathed his spear and pointed it towards Faust. "You rat bastard! What kind of mongrel takes that which is offered in kindness?!" His eyes glinted with hate and disbelief. "Do your kind so readily take such a gift in greed?!" He lowered his spear and fondled his nose, head held high. Doing what he could to calm himself, he thought. I must remember this is another culture. After a pause and a deep exhale Lou Shen regained his confident composure, somewhat. "Apologies... But it's normally very precious to receive a gift. I, suppose I don't mind sharing, after all I can easily make more." Seeing if I go back... He begins to distribute gourds from his back, "Please... enjoy. Those that bleed together, should drink together." You rat bastards...

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'll have to pa...." Ryan was cut short as he side stepped to avoid Faust's ill-mannered grab for free alcohol. "I may not take it with such enthusiasm as our new friends here. I like to save it for after the work is done." Ryan glared for a moment at the foolish young man but composed him. He was not their leader and if he knew his holymen, which he did, Duronos will put the fool straight.

The dwarf takes both the gourds, and places them in his belt. "I have to agree with Ryan here. Th' drinks will be better after a job well done with our coinpurses feeling a bit heavier." says the dwarf in a tone as calm as possible. He wasn't the most diplomatic of dwarves, but he had high respect for the brewers of Pandaria and the Wandering Isle and did not want to offend the guest. He then jumps and grabs the warrior by the collar of his armor, pulling him down with gravity, swiftly following through with a heavy punch to the head. "Daft boy! We're here to work together. Steal anything again and I'll cut off the hand ye used to take it. An' forget about getting any more of this stuff. I'm keeping yer share."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lou Shen smirked as the dwarf scolded the thief. He nodded in approval, "Perhaps we should talk about the real criminals here. You have more information about these...warlocks you call em'?" He crossed his arms and smirked, "As I understand it, the thief will need his hands for the fight ahead."

The dwarf raised an eyebrow. This fella never hear of warlocks? "You must come from the luckiest part of the world to nae hear what a warlock is. They are mages gone mad for power, lusting after the terrible, dark magics of demons. I have no idea what they are doing in Westfall... but it can't be good."

Duronos clapped his hands together. "Though it seems we're all here. Any questions, lads and lass, before we start off?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "I am well aware of demons, for they hold powerful places in our stories. But the idea that one can be so enthralled by the mere fantasy of them and attempt to usher such beings into our world confuses me. I suppose in a way, perhaps I am lucky. Perhaps, it is time I paid my dues and helped rid the world of them, these warlocks." He looked around the room. "My only question is when do we begin?"

((Shen's ready to go, just wanted to clarify. It's nice not being the lead of an RP every now and then :P))

((It was fairly obvious, at least to me! And yeah, I tend to prefer to make my own RP's. I have a certain taste for RP, which seems a bit conservative on these forums as of late... no offense! Also, have you never thought of getting some colors for your spoken text? All the senior RPers use it and we find it to be really useful, especially if it's within a block of text. Food for thought!))

((waiting on a couple more people to ask stuff before answering you, by the way. So FIC. DO THINGS.))

10+ Year Old Account
    "Well I would say any one of the broken and abandoned farms. Such deviants don't exactly get a warm welcome in even some of the more disreputable of towns. But I suspect Duronos knows a bit more than was shared in the bounty notice. So ready when the rest are." Ryan discretely pulled a fresh notepad out and prepared to take notes underneath the privacy of his cloak.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust's eyes widened and jaw dropped as the the Panda rage commence and before he knew it the dwarf had him by the collar. He had a childhood flashback and knew what was coming next...WHACK!!! A bump almost immediately began to form. "Ow, jeez don't have to be a bunch of bitter ole men, nothing but some harmless fun with new brothers in arms eh" Faust rubbed the bump on his head from the blow dealt by the group leader. Tough crowd, Tough crowd he thought to himself. "Well, if I am to be cut off from the delicious fire waters of Pandaria, I suppose I better say I am sorry...Bring it in big guy" Faust stuck his spear back into the ground and opened his arms up as to offer Shen a ((BEAR)) hug.

The older dwarf coughed.
    "To me it seems you don't really understand what it is to fight warlocks. Drinking, petty squables and arguments before a battle get men killed. Me eyesight is worse than when I was younger, bad enough so that I don't need ta see double targets. And I'd like to have some proper lines of defense before me. Stabbin people with me longbarrel offsets the aim."
    The old dwarf mumbled something into his beard, and got even grumpier as he recognized that his pipe's tabacco was spent.
    "Anyway, How did this warlock threat present itself? And do we know anything about their strength in numbers or location? You assembled quite a force, ser Ironhammer."

"Well, it goes like this:" said Duronos, answering the elder dwarf's query. "About a week ago, guards were notified of some remains in a little village to the northwest of here. Nasty bit o' business... lots of burns, and the victims looked like they were in extreme pain upon their demise. The guards contacted Dalaran to see if there were any rogue wizards whose attacks were similar, and they found a match... Several years before the Third War, a mage by the name o' Arcadius Delmhollow went rogue. Real nasty character... killed fifteen people while fleeing from Dalaran. Anyway, apparently he's somewhere near that village... We've got no idea what he's up to... summoning demons ain't his style, but whatever he's planning it ain't good. He's a powerful sorcerer, and whoever his friends are, they'll be strong too. Delmhollow isn't one to surround himself with weaklings. We've got no idea how many people'll be there with him, nor what sort of traps'll be in his lair, nor even exactly where his lair is... We've got nothing on this guy but his name and the village he's near."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lou Shen looked at the thief and raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps you could make due with just one hand then..." He grinned as he listened in on Duronos' debriefing. Hmm, this mystery thickens. First a warlock creature and now a strange past. I like it. A pause, That dwarf thinks I'm drunk? After ONE swig?

((Sorry about the color, but I've had issues with editing before because of the command. I'll use it for now on; I thought a deep crimson would suit my warrior just fine. Also, I don't take offense Sheogorath, I realize I'm very extreme in role-plays that I make and that perhaps the vets don't really like my style. No worries, but don't expect me to change too soon, I have the next series in mind :P))
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-02-07 at 12:59 PM.

"Arcaidius. That name I do find familiar.", she pondered for a moment. "Ah yes.. I remember. Tampered with dark magic, and fled the city killing any who found themselves unlucky enough to be in his path. I remember training that day, and hearing the screams and shouts as he tore his way out of the city, right through the main gates.", she recalled, gritting her teeth.

Clenching her right fist and her left hand tightly gripping onto the handle of her glaive, she looked evidently unhappy. "He's not one to be taken lightly. We must end him before he can harm any more innocent souls.", she continued, surveying her companions. Hopefully they will do just fine.. so long as they don't all tumble over during combat from the alcohol...

"From the sound of it I really would prefer to get the jump on them. Proper hail of bullets takes down a lot, and giving a mage or warlock the opportuntiy to retaliate is often the last mistake someone makes." the dward pondered for a moment. "But from what you tell we only got a rough location and will be going in more or less blind. I can't say I like the odds, but I'd also be a lie to say I haven't beaten worse in my life." The dwarf used a small spoonlike tool to loosen the tobacco in his pipe, leaving the pot the opportunity to cool down.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You guys are over thinking this whole situation, we just need to bust in there and give them the good ole one two eh" Faust started shadow boxing, making the sound effects and everything. "Oi, just bust him in the jaw, then smash up his mates, take the head and leave. We got the group for a pretty mean hit and run, wouldn't you say?" although he may not be as serious as he should, even his playful shadow sparing with his polearm was graceful and fluid. Offense became defense in one smooth motion and then back to offense from defense with as little as a flick of the wrist and a step forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morrowdawn shook his head in disbelief at what was going on ahead of him. Old men, drunkards and criminals. This is what Stormwind sends to protects its people He stared at the Pandaren's gourds for a few seconds more than necessary. best not to even think of going down that track again He turned to Faust.

"Have you ever faced a Warlock in battle before boy? They're some of the most dangerous people you'll ever face." outside Northrend... he added privately, shuddering as he did. "If this one's as powerful as they say then you can forget whatever you thought you knew about mortal combat, Warlocks break almost every rule."

He was beginning to get frustrated with this group. He'd only known them for less than an hour but this already had disaster written all over it. He could only hope the dwarf paladin had more about him. But then he didn't seem to know much more than the rest of them about what we were actually up against. It was not looking good.
    Last edited by Aramore; 2013-02-07 at 08:01 PM. Reason: fixded for you <3

((Since I've become a moderator, I've taught myself the "coding" so I usually just hand-write it all. 'Cept where I can copy and paste. Hence why I love my character list. And yeah, you seem to enjoy a bit more, ah, lore stretching, shall we say, than I do? Which is fine I mean to each their own... but yeah I tend to prefer more grounded roleplays.))

"Th' man's right, Faust." Said the dwarf, scoldingly. "They'll be the ones ta have the element of surprise. We need to be careful. There's no tellin' what'll be over there. The odds aren't in our favor, but we've gotta do this. Now, any last questions before we leave?"

Duronos picked up his maul and leaned it against his shoulder. He was ready to go, to whatever fate awaited.