Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The man's eyes darted back and forth. A slew of curses ran through his mind as Ryan had seen this too many a time before. No matter how much poison of factualism he used the mind was an elegant and devious mistress and she is never fooled for long. He didn't wait for the main to finish his sentence. His victims always had the same response; Anger. Ryan side-stepped, "through your", left foot down, "guise! To " right foot, burst of speed, "with you!" The spell burst as Nehlya slit his throat. He felt the heat and the pressure but nothing stung or hurt. He brushed aside Faust as Nehlya shrieked her unintelligent ramblings of purging those she thought not fit.

He bolted out the door after her. "You slack-jawed, pointy-eared lout! Do you have any sense of patience? Or knowledge for that matter? You slice first and ask questions later yet when they are all dead you can't ask the questions!" Ryan continued yelling, "Do you think I captured this terrible excuse for a human for FUN? No. I did it because dim witted warriors, like yourself, see only a cause and nothing more. You think of retribution and culling and give no thought to what might be learned!" Ryan unsheathed a dagger beneath the cover of his cloak. "Did you stop and think why you couldn't see these impostors coming? No. These men more capable with a dagger than a spell were able to hide from your skills! And from Erdins and Duronos! The both of which who devoted their lives to stopping men like these!" Ryan scowled at her ignorance. "You know of this man and you know where he learned and because of the path he took you think you better than him? No. He has slaughtered your people, my people, and now he fools you again! Until you know your enemy you can not beat him and he proved himself the better in that house with a man not fit for this world!" Ryan blared on ignoring any attempt from her to get a word in. "There may not even be anything left in this town because you killed it all! Who knows the amount of lives you risk right now for killing that man before his time! What do you have to say now?"

Nehlya eyed up Ryan. Yet remained silent. Humans. So short lived. So fragile.

She noted the dagger in his hand. She still held her glaive. Yet her shield was strapped to her back. No problem, she could still disarm him. Using her natural elven swiftness, she swung her leg upwards, towards his hand, in an attempt to knock the dagger from his grip. In a smooth and quick turn, she then held her glaive to the man's neck.

"Do not treat me like an insubordinate child, Tate. I have seen more conflicts than you would ever dream of. Yet, pandering with a wretch like that is not going to get us anywhere. You saw his response. Even letting them breathe is going to work against us.", she retorted in a sharp tone.

She pushed her weapon closer to his bare throat. "You do not tell me what I can and cannot do. I am here for results, not time wasting. I will tear this town apart to find Delmhollow. And if you seek to order me around, or get in my way, you will bleed. I promise you that.", she snarled.

Duronos had lost his patience with the elf. First ending the interrogation, as wretched as it was, prematurely, prior to them getting the information they needed, and now threatening another member of the group? No, this ends.

The dwarf tackled the elf to the floor and sat on her back, wrenching her arm up at a painful angle, disarming her. "Enough! You shame yourself with this childish behavior. That man, whether you like it or not, was about to tell us where the entrance to their lair was. It is YOUR fault and YOURS alone. Your impatience just cost us dear time and knowledge. We now have to search the ENTIRE village. AGAIN. All because of you and your stupidity. If you won't listen to Ryan, then listen to me. Stop. This. Now."

She did not like this. She did not like being treated like a rowdy child. Like a wild pup. Nehlya did not have to answer to these two. Muttering words in her elven tongue, an explosion of arcane magic rippled off of her body, bounding Duronos off of her. Darting around and rubbing her arm, she collected her glaive and shield, and stumbled off towards a nearby house.

"If you had all done your jobs correctly in the first place, we wouldn't have had to deal with those deceiving villagers. And the entrance to Delmhollow's putrid lair would have been made clear to us.. if your searches were sufficient enough. Why did you take them for innocent villagers at face value?", she shouted as she moved away from the others.

It then occurred to her. The children. What did they know? She looked to the group of them that stood around Lou Shen.

"Why have we not questioned those whelps yet?", she grunted, pointing at the children.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Even though this is resolved by Madgod. Please don't take such liberties with Ryan again. They were far apart, enough time for him to react. And I clearly stated that he drew his dagger under the cover of his cloak. Unless your enchantments include x-ray vision you would not of been able to see that. Maybe notice some movement but not enough to discern it was a dagger or which hand held, much less where my hands actually were underneath my cloak.))

Ryan felt the impacts and let them pass. He expected such violence from her by this point. He did not expect Duronos and slowly got up, grabbing his dagger and sheathing it. He backed a few paces away. He let Duronos words wash over the elf and added, "Rash judgement and little thought only lead to death. A lesson, as you should amply know, your people have forged in blood over the centuries." He continued in Thalassian, <"Curious you don't have the eyes your prince, yet you still follow in his footsteps."> He turned and left without bothering to listen to her response. His anger clouded his judgement, despite there being better places to start searching, and went to the barn. Who knows what this ill-excuse for a magi missed in there.

((Sorry, I thought that the dagger was in the clear when he drew it. Evidently I misread that. My bad.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Lou Shen observed quietly as his companions began to degrade into a screaming debate. Why are they arguing? We should be searching for another solution, not bicker like this. His gaze drifted to his side as the children clung tight to his shadow. We also have innocents to take care of.

He though back to when he was still on Pandaria and reminisced of when he felt as the high elf had. He remembered himself charging hazardously into conflict and brash decisions. It was much of the reason of his removal from the Golden Lotus, that and the death of his friend. He looked from the ground towards the adventurers, I will do what I can to support them, I shall not be misguided by petty debates. Instead, I will wait for the moment to action. He gripped the hilt of his pan spear and sheathed it onto his back. Strange people in strange lands, was this what the old one foretold? My redemption?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faust watched the conflict unfold before his very eyes, standing there awestruck. He didn't know what to think and before he knew it the situation was defused by the group leader. "And they all thought I was the immature one yikes, this is a tram wreck in the making..." Faust spoke aloud, He then heard Ryan speak in a language of the elves. "AND I AM TIRED OF ALL YOU SPEAKING IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!!" Faust smashed his hand into a wall, making a loud thud ​attempting to gain the groups attention.

Duronos expected the retaliation and though he got the wind knocked out of him as he was blasted backward he was otherwise unscathed and quickly recovered. He shrugged off her biting words, knowing that they were just a mask for her wounded pride, but he could not help but be disgusted by the elf's latest idea. "What do you expect to learn from them, eh? They just had their parents killed, probably in front of their eyes if I know warlocks, and then used as human shields against us. I'd be surprised if they knew only half of what was happening."

Nehlya shrugged off their comments. But one stung. As she turned to where Ryan stood, she began to respond in Thalassian, but ended it as she noticed he was gone. He was already well on his way to the barn. He has the gall to compare me to him?! Evidently frustrated by what he had said, she kicked down the door to the house that stood before her.

Cautiously, the spellbreaker walked in, as she began thoroughly pulling the house apart.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Well I suppose that could have went a lot worse..." Faust looked around and gave a reassuring smile to the group of children,"We are going to do everything in our power to stop the bad men don't worry." He turned and faced Duronos "Anything in particular you want me to handle boss?"

((Why do you guys always have to post at 2am? -.- That was still alright while i was writing my thesis, but now! Glad I'm playing the old geezer here. ))

"You give me too much credit, ser Tate. The scourge was pretty clear in its intentions all the time, the only expertise I can share, if wether or not someone dies is you hit him with those." Erdin pulled up one of his twinbarrel bullets and threw it casually up in the air and caught it again. "What I do know though, and what I already told all of you that all this arguing and these ramblings are gonna get someone killed. I expected more restraint from an elf to be honest. And even if you talk in thalassian, your tone gets across, mister Tate. So whatever insult that was I had also expected more level headedness from an agent." the dwarf took another drag from his pipe and pondered. Rebuking grown warriors like kids. "I learned my lessons during the Northrend expedition. Have an army storm at the last remains of your squad is a harrowing experience. There is no place for squabbles like this. Because of this insight I'm standing here. Shrug these words of as an old mans ramblings if you wish, just keep your damn bullshit to a minimum in battle." As the old dwarf cursed at the end he shot a glare at all of the people present.

((Get on IRC then, sugarpuff :P ))

((I've been trying to go to sleep for the past three hours. I only posted in Meng's thread out of responsibility. Sorry bud.))

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Finally someone else who speaks common around here jeez..." Faust said under his breath. Honestly the old dwarf intimated the hell out of Faust more so than the rest of the party, but at least for now, He felt safe from being on the other end of his barrel(s). He did however feel the glare from across the room. "So since I haven't attempted to murder anyone playing for the home team yet, do I get a pass on this ass chewing or..."

Erdin focused Faust and narrowed his eyes. "I think I already gave my opinion on drinking and your fooling around. Maybe you have to loose an eye, or a hand before you get t he wiser, wouldn't be the first time I see that." telling the seasond veteran horror tales was a lost cause on th elf and the agent, but maybe Erdin would get through with this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan entered the barn trying to calm his mind. Such ignorance was hard to ignore but after the smell of butchered horses his mind soon cleared. He walked the stalls. Blood everywhere. These warlocks didn't even use these animals for any magical purpose. Blood was smeared and bones visible in some places but nothing like the rituals sites he had investigated before. And it didn't have the feel, a darkness, yet powerful. Seducing trying to hide its real intent but still unpropitious., that lingered in these places. He had to remain his cool though and then he remembered the key his is left hand.

He walked outside the barn inspecting the key. Two long ridges and a short one, and a few scuffs. Nothing more than his original observation. No markings, he held the key up to his nose and sniffed it, no particular smell to it. He looked around the town as the others began to searched and considered the possibilities of what and where the lock for this key was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still trembling, the children huddled around Lou Shen, certain he would protect them. "What does she mean question the whelps?" The Pandaren peered grimly to the girl, "We are a bit uneasy here. We're quite unsure as to what's going on, and we want dearly to help." He pauses, "Could you small ones tell me what has happened here?" He sits and the children follow. "Fear not young ones, I have fair ears and will listen to what you have to say."

((I suppose Madgod should take on their roles, if not then we can say they're too scared to. Maybe this is a chance to shed some light on the situation?))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((They don't know anything and for the most part are far to scared to answer. Basically we are going to have to tear apart the village now for more clues.))