Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    As an earlier poster allowed the good ol' Stephen Fry answer this... I'll let the great late George Carlin answer it for me.

A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Pretty much this. I'll even take the liberty of cussing them out in their native language if I know it.
    This. Words are just sounds that come out of your mouth. They don't do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    A lot of people who won't say nigger and cunt. What is it about those two words? Why is cunt worse than pussy, or fuck? It's very interesting. I seldom use them myself.
    I don't say Nigger, because I'm white, work in the ghetto, and have black siblings. I don't say cunt, or pussy for that matter, because very few people I know say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    I use all kinds of swear words, excepts cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I say everything. I try to keep the racial slurs to a minimum though.
    Fuck, shit, and bitch are probably the 3 I use far more than any others.
    Fuck just has so many uses!
    Reminds me of this video, haha.

Last edited by mmoc0f3a9627b3; 2013-02-06 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    I can say pretty much say anything if the situation is right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I say everything. I try to keep the racial slurs to a minimum though.
    Fuck, shit, and bitch are probably the 3 I use far more than any others.
    Fuck just has so many uses!
    This is exactly like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    the N word and a certain word in my own language.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    I don't say Nigger, because I'm white, work in the ghetto, and have black siblings. I don't say cunt, or pussy for that matter, because very few people I know say it.
    I can easily see why one wouldn't say nigger. It's still very offensive to a lot of people and rightly so. I just don't see why cunt or pussy is any more offensive than other "bad words."
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I don't consider the "N"-word a swear, I just consider it ignorant and stupid.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    This. Words are just sounds that come out of your mouth. They don't do anything.
    No, actually words have meaning and perpetuate ideas. That is why language is powerful. It's not just nonsensical sounds that are emanated from your mouth.

The problem with various slurs is that they often associate negativity with certain groups. eg, "That's gay" is used to mean "That's stupid". The underlying association is that Gay = Bad/Stupid. Not using words in this manner aims to break these associations in language.

I dont have a problem saying any swear word, but there are TONS I just don't use. "Shitcock," for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm drunk (like, really) there's no barrier unless I'm out when I can somehow control myself. In halls though (when drunk), it's been noted that I use the word Nigger like punctuation. Noone seems to mind however which is just as worrying as actually using it that much.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever said cunt in a conversation. There's something about that word that just doesn't sit well on my tongue .
    Gotta say though as a whole I'm trying to not swear in my life. I just don't want saying them to be a habit. It is odd I gotta say though as it's rather natural to swear.

Cunt, even though I find it funny to say and smooth on the tongue. It just offends so many people, and for the sake of civility I just don't use it, and many swear words often.

Deleted

Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never use the n word. or any racist word. in fact whenever people start saying racist words in chat i automatically leave since i dont tolerate it. if someone says them in public i usually say something to them about it. usually ask them to stop it. also why was a thread like this bought back up to the first page? im amazed it isnt closed as im not sure what positive discussion can be had about such a negative subject.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.