Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Constitutionally? The president can't kill anyone unless they've been given judicial due process, they belong to a nation we're at war with, or congress has issued a letter of Marque against the person.

    Realistically, the president can kill anyone he wants, with the limitations that someone has to follow his orders, congress can impeach him, the courts can assert that he does not have powers, and he can be assassinated himself. The second part restrains the president much more than the first.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Your own source says they printed magazines overseas encouraging Al-Qaeda ideology. Good riddance, US citizen or not. Bring this topic back up when it's on American soil
    they have that right under the first amendment
    So they had their fifth amendment rights violated for practicing their fitst amendment rights

  3. #103
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Appears there are many things you aren't aware of. Perhaps you should invest the time in reading and understanding the subject matter.
    I am unaware of how you stay so blissfully ignorant and proud of it. What war is it that we are fighting in Pakistan? Do not give me that war on terror bullshit.

  4. #104
    I think he obviously deserves another noble peace prize for this.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  5. #105
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    they have that right under the first amendment
    So they had their fifth amendment rights violated for practicing their fitst amendment rights
    There are clear established exceptions to the First Amendment as found by the Supreme Court.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  6. #106
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I reckon you dont have a firm grasp of what an enemy combatant is and you dont understand why you dont bring them home for dinner, a massage and a trial.. hmm?
    I reckon that you do not understand what declaring war is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 10:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    There are clear established exceptions to the First Amendment as found by the Supreme Court.
    So let us further erode our constitutional rights because they did it before. That is pretty much what is happening. A bunch of sheep saying its ok because they will never come after me.

  7. #107
    If I knew that was one of the perks of the job, I would've applied myself more in school.

  8. #108
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I reckon that you do not understand what declaring war is.
    Terrorists are a sovereign nation now?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    OP is misrepresenting the memo. In war, our country kills its enemies. We're at war with Al Qaeda, even though its not a sovereign nation. It's not the president taking a sniper rifle and picking off random people at a shopping mall, which is what "can the president kill indiscriminately" suggests.
    Only congress can declare war and i don't remember congress voting on any war with Al Qaeda

  10. #110
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Only congress can declare war and i don't remember congress voting on any war with Al Qaeda
    Read what I just posted.

    In addition, the United States has had more conflicts without a formal declaration of war than with one; we have only formally declared war five times.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-02-06 at 04:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  11. #111
    I'm pretty sure the constitution still holds that traitors can be executed.

    Technically speaking, if you join a terrorist group on foreign soil to attack America... I'm pretty certain that would be traitor. The only really dubious part about it is executing Americans without a trial.

    It's a little odd, in that the left wanted Bush's head for "enhanced interrogations", but to this it's like Obama is some sort of hero.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  12. #112
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I am unaware of how you stay so blissfully ignorant and proud of it. What war is it that we are fighting in Pakistan? Do not give me that war on terror bullshit.
    Calling names doesn't bolster your case in the least. I'm truly sorry that you dont understand why its legal, but until the USSC says its NOT then I'm going to side with the President on this one.... Sorry.

    I suppose though, that if you are truly as outraged as you claim to be, then you should be on the phone to your Senators and US Representatives and push them to impeach the President.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-02-06 at 04:28 AM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #113
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    So let us further erode our constitutional rights because they did it before. That is pretty much what is happening. A bunch of sheep saying its ok because they will never come after me.
    Since we've skipped anything that would resemble a logical debate and skipped right to the "sheep" endgame, that spares me the time from having to respond to you further.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  14. #114
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    When this is used to kill an actual American then you may have a case.
    Yeah, it's perfectly fine as long as you're just killing foreigners. I mean, it's not like they're real people and all.


  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    So let us further erode our constitutional rights because they did it before. That is pretty much what is happening. A bunch of sheep saying its ok because they will never come after me.
    I think it's because they think he will come after us.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  16. #116
    Stood in the Fire zerocoolhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central,Mass
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yeah, it's perfectly fine as long as you're just killing foreigners. I mean, it's not like they're real people and all.
    Grow up. You know exactly what I mean. If you dont, dont comment.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I think it's because they think he will come after us.
    Obamas administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Obama administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?
    By Holder's logic, yes.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

  19. #119
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Obamas administration did call the Tea Party terrorist does that mean he has the right to drone them?
    One would think the remainder of rational Republicans would welcome such an action.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    they have that right under the first amendment

    no they dont

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •