Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Realistically speaking, yes, he can. Neither his corrupt government nor his zealot followers will call him on it if he does it. Just the usual excuses/refusal to acknowledge, or saying that there must be info we don't know that justifies it.

we had the left wanting to charge Bush and his attorney general for war crimes for water boarding but not one word about the unlawful assassination of two American citizens by Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    we had the left wanting to charge Bush and his attorney general for war crimes for water boarding but not one word about the unlawful assassination of two American citizens by Obama
    We had some on the left who wanted to charge bush for starting a war based on false information.

We also have a left that does not like this stuff but understands that it would only be worse under the GOP.

But lets see what other different things we can string together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, which is why we better be damn sure of who we want in the oval office. To defend this nation against ALL threats foreign and domestic, YES, as long as their is a clear line of checks and balances, Yes 100% Bush, Obama or anybody else, and they do all the time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not sure why people on the right thing liberals support this.
    I have seen particularly zealous Obama fans scramble to make backward-logic justifications for this sort of thing in the past, but my comment above was not directed towards liberals in general, so sorry if you thought it applied to you.

Probably because there are many on the left who've tried to rationalize it and/or distance Obama from it in their arguments. I've heard things like "he's being forced to do it by the military industrial complex!" from some on the left.

Many liberals and conservatives are both guilty of the "team" mentality where they think everyone on the other side is always wrong and everyone on their side is always right. I wish more people would judge everything on a case by case basis instead of looking at the letter next to someone's name and pre-determining whether they are good or bad.

I have seen particularly zealous Obama fans scramble to make backward-logic justifications for this sort of thing in the past, but my comment above was not directed towards liberals in general, so sorry if you thought it applied to you.
    I was going to dig into this more but then I remember you wrote this:

Lol, the confirmation bias is strong in this one. The "overwhelming majority" of self-identified Republicans only act this way in the fantasy world of the people who long gave up actually listening during political discussions.
    So I'm just going to refer you to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Clampz View Post
    no, but really... zealot followers? are you for real?
    Is this supposed to convey some sort of information or idea?

then why are they not protesting it why are they not on the news complaining why do we not see the same outrage we did with Bush
    why the silence

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then why are they not protesting it why are they not on the news complaining why do we not see the same outrage we did with Bush
    why the silence
    Why the confirmation bias?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    When those "americans" renounce their citizen ship and promote the killing of American people I think you lose your right to be American.
    Many people promote the killing of other American citizens but it does not make them lose their citizenship. If they revoked his citizenship it would have been fine but at that point from what I know he was still a citizen of US, and under the fifth amendment he should have had a right to a jury no matter how much harm he has done.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I was going to dig into this more but then I remember you wrote this:

So I'm just going to refer you to yourself.
    Not really sure what you're trying to say here (though I have a suspicion you just ignored me basically when I said I wasn't generalizing, surprise surprise), but I have absolutely seen a few individuals defend these executions on the president's orders. But if you think you know better than I do what I've read, carry on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Many liberals oppose it, but Democrats love everything Obama does.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    If the president kills someone who we find out maybe cut him off on the road or some BS reason like that im sure the people below him will stop him he only has the power to control people and they dont always have to listen
    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, the memo in question is from the Justice Department...or "Just Us" Department if you prefer accuracy in titles... Of course the libbies, who were foaming at the mouth about Bush and some phone tapping, are now offering up tepid disapproval of barry dropping hellfire missiles on American citizens essentially without evidence.

Like I said, you're railing against "liberals in general" while coming right out of a thread about the GOP and rape rhetoric saying what I quoted there.

You're just being hypocritical. Apparently your broad stroke summation of liberals is ok. But heaven help us if anyone says the same about the GOP and rape/abortion/women.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Many liberals oppose it, but Democrats love everything Obama does.
    Democrats aren't liberals though. They're mostly centrists.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    When those "americans" renounce their citizen ship and promote the killing of American people I think you lose your right to be American.
    We have a jury system for a reason. What "right to be an American" you have, including the right against government execution, is determined by a jury of your peers, not a politician.

We also have a left that does not like this stuff but understands that it would only be worse under the GOP.
    Future / alternative reality "facts" are cool.

Here are some links you should really have included in the OP:

Article on the issue:
    http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...americans?lite

The white paper itself (link in the NBC article above):
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...hite_Paper.pdf

I note this in particular:

In the Department’s view, a lethal operation conducted against a U.S. citizen whose conduct poses an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States would be a legitimate act of national self-defense that would not violate the assassination ban. Similarly, the use of lethal force, consistent with the laws of war, against an individual who is a legitimate military target would be lawful and would not violate the assassination ban.
    Seriously shady stuff. That kind of logic can basically sanction anything as long as you yell "national security!" while doing it. Not that that's anything new in this "war".
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-02-06 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Future / alternative reality "facts" are cool.
    I could have been more clear.

If the GOP were in power now we'd have the same authoritarianism abroad that we have now. Plus we'd have all the GOP's other awful shit.

So in the minds of liberals it goes something like: awful foreign policy decent economic policy and good social policy > awful foreign, economic, and social policy.

Like I said, you're railing against "liberals in general"
    I specifically said I was NOT talking about "liberals in general". To which you have now responded, twice, with "LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LIBERALS IN GENERAL!"

And not that it really matters but the quote from another thread was a comment about racism, specifically about Trayvon Martin, and had zero to do with rape.