Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    To be blunt, what does that have to do with it? There are ways to fight back, the question is are they too slow, too unproductive that it is worth fucking up a whole lot more than 2000 dead americans?
    The answer from the administrations (Bush & Obama) has been, yes it is worth it.
    The rest of the world are seeing the implications of this kind of warfare and its result.

The short-sightness of the Bush administration is a disaster. In a single blow, the free world lost the majority of it's ethical and legal arguments due to this whenever it comes to totalitarian regimes and their actions.
    For 2000 americans murdered and that is nothing and I dont mean to be offensive but on a grand scale that is nothing compared to what happens around the world and what the US itself as others try to stem.

It just makes me freaking sad and upset to be honest.
    Of course totalitarian regimes never gave a rats ass about those things. We're talking about nations that gas their own people... They weren't ever going to play by the rules anyway.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

"Can the President Kill Indiscriminately?"

hmm...

I'll be locking my windows tonight just in case he decides to creep through my bedroom window with a meatcleaver...

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    "Can the President Kill Indiscriminately?"

hmm...

I'll be locking my windows tonight just in case he decides to creep through my bedroom window with a meatcleaver...
    They can launch a drone and stike you thru that window and probably make a couple turns doing it now.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    They can launch a drone and stike you thru that window and probably make a couple turns doing it now.
    I think a Drone attack on US soil would backfire and erupt a volcano.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think a Drone attack on US soil would backfire and erupt a volcano.
    Actually I live in Denmark, so it's fairly safe on the volcano front.

Do expect some bacon based return fire though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Of course totalitarian regimes never gave a rats ass about those things. We're talking about nations that gas their own people... They weren't ever going to play by the rules anyway.
    Was kind of waiting for that remark, the problem is we only have a just cause if we combat them by those rules and not theirs.
    It is the same as saying "criminals dont obey laws", then why have laws at all?
    It is pretty simple, it is a safe guard for us not to end up at their level.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

I meant figuratively ^^
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I meant figuratively ^^
    Oh because I was being literal... denmark will literally pelt you with raw bacon for years if you launch a missile at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    im probably about to say some concept that is completely wrong and stupid here so please be nice if that is the case.

but doesn't killing indiscriminately mean to pull out all stops ie. bomb most of the city to get one single target?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Oh because I was being literal... denmark will literally pelt you with raw bacon for years if you launch a missile at it.
    still sounds preferable to the infamous dutch tulip bomb crisis of 83. that was truly a bad time
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I find the dishonesty of the news media hilarious... they railed against Bush for enhanced interrogation, which the current SecDef said DID help, and the left was apoplectic over. And not a peep from you, the left, the democrats about the fact that drone strikes are actually KILLING PEOPLE. not interrogating them.

I guess you didn't learn that from your Lamestream Media.
    Just because you dont hear our objections to the drone war doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Just because you dont hear our objections to the drone war doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
    Don't worry he's a firm FOX viewer. The use of 'enchanced interrogation' contrary to 'torture' tip us off.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry he's a firm FOX viewer. The use of 'enchanced interrogation' contrary to 'torture' tip us off.
    I don't like drones but doesn't mean I'll go on a rampage about it. And Lol @ Fox News. Listening to them makes me scratch my head. I watched them once and then I learned the truth.

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like drones but doesn't mean I'll go on a rampage about it.
    Drone attacks killed 179 children in Pakistan alone, there is no reason for you to go rampage about it I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Drone attacks killed 179 children in Pakistan alone, there is no reason for you to go rampage about it I guess

WHY U MAKE ME A SAD PANDA!!!!

But seriously that's fucking terrible.

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    WHY U MAKE ME A SAD PANDA!!!!

But seriously that's fucking terrible.
    That is entirely up to you and your opinions I just tried to bring another factor to "so what if a drone attack killed an 'american' who hate everything we stand for and believe in".

Edit: not that you personally said the above but in regard of alot of the posts in this thread
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-02-06 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is entirely up to you and your opinions I just tried to bring another factor to "so what if a drone attack killed an 'american' who hate everything we stand for and believe in".

Edit: not that you personally said the above but in regard of alot of the posts in this thread
    The thing I hate the most is the justification for those deaths that people have given. I don't give a fuck if their parents were terrorists. You don't kill kids. End of discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    The thing I hate the most is the justification for those deaths that people have given. I don't give a fuck if their parents were terrorists. You don't kill kids. End of discussion.

Indeed. I don't like civillian killings. Even children..that just makes me get even more upset.

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    There is a good commedy performance on military ufanisms, you should watch it

Dead children in todays war on terror are easily dismissed as collateral damage, enemies with rights as illegal combatants without rights, torture as enchanced interrogation etc etc etc. It is sad and pathetic but hey, politicians get to tell their voters american lives are saved (which noone can check even if the agree with the tradeoff).
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-02-06 at 09:51 PM.

Napalm roasted bacon...mmmh