Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Don't worry he's a firm FOX viewer. The use of 'enchanced interrogation' contrary to 'torture' tip us off.
    I actually just came from a real-life debate on torture and the morality concerning it, it was a rather interesting discussion. It seemed like most people believe torture to be justifiable in certain circumstances. I played devil's advocated and pointed out that both the 'terrorist' and the security forces could very well be sacrificing their lesser ideals in favor of the larger ones; in other words, both believe the end justifies the means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    I actually just came from a real-life debate on torture and the morality concerning it, it was a rather interesting discussion. It seemed like most people believe torture to be justifiable in certain circumstances. I played devil's advocated and pointed out that both the 'terrorist' and the security forces could very well be sacrificing their lesser ideals in favor of the larger ones; in other words, both believe the end justifies the means.
    Yes it does and I'm not going to be a hipcyrite and not say that I think people deserve it.
    Problem is that my personal feelings should not be incoorporated into what I am trying to achive (stop to terrorirst), especially since it has been known since centuaries that a person would say anything (lies) to get away from the pain.
    Am I willing to sidestep my ideals knowing they won't bring anything but fuel to the fire of myemissaries when I try to wage a war on terror on them?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry he's a firm FOX viewer. The use of 'enchanced interrogation' contrary to 'torture' tip us off.
    Funny thing... I dont watch TV... So, looks like, you are dead wrong again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Just because you dont hear our objections to the drone war doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
    What doesn't exist? the drone campaign, or your objections? If they cant hear you objecting then you probably ARENT.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 10:57 PM ----------

Yes it does and I'm not going to be a hipcyrite and not say that I think people deserve it.
    Problem is that my personal feelings should not be incoorporated into what I am trying to achive (stop to terrorirst), especially since it has been known since centuaries that a person would say anything (lies) to get away from the pain.
    Am I willing to sidestep my ideals knowing they won't bring anything but fuel to the fire of myemissaries when I try to wage a war on terror on them?
    Are you saying this from the experience of having questioned terrorists, or are you basing this claim on your uninformed opinion? Are you saying this having served in the military or intelligence field, or are you basing your opinion off of what you've been spoon fed from the media?

Reasonable questions. And you'll note I avoiding insulting you, despite your continued willingness to insult others that hold viewpoints you dont agree with.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.