Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Here you go.

GC video 14:47. Is that good enough to finally have this argument dropped? It's not happening, just get over it.
    Except he says that they're hoping by 6.0 or 7.0 that players want it and that it's "a celebration when we finally do it." That, to me, sounds like they still want to do it they're just waiting for the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Except he says that they're hoping by 6.0 or 7.0 that players want it and that it's "a celebration when we finally do it." That, to me, sounds like they still want to do it they're just waiting for the right time.
    Like they said before, they'll do it IF players are calling for it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Like they said before, they'll do it IF players are calling for it.
    Some are, some aren't, but you seemed to be saying that they outright said "We're not doing it ever, we just put in Ks and Ms and called it a day." "Not doing it" is a lot different than "not doing it yet."

Time will tell I guess.

Some are, some aren't, but you seemed to be saying that they outright said "We're not doing it ever, we just put in Ks and Ms and called it a day." "Not doing it" is a lot different than "not doing it yet."

Time will tell I guess.
    No, I said it earlier in this thread that they said even before that interview that they'll do it if players are calling for it, and for now its mega damage. I'm just sick of the topic really, and hopefully that'll just make people stop talking about it lol, especially about the claims/wishes that it'll be the "unannounced feature" that has been in the news recently.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

No, I said it earlier in this thread that they said even before that interview that they'll do it if players are calling for it, and for now its mega damage. I'm just sick of the topic really, and hopefully that'll just make people stop talking about it lol, especially about the claims/wishes that it'll be the "unannounced feature" that has been in the news recently.
    I'm sick of it too but people will never stop talking about it. Even if and when it happens people will talk about it saying it's the best/worst thing to ever happen to WoW. :P

A year from now forums will flood with the following threads:

If they do nothing: Big numbers ruined the community.
    If they do mega damage: Mega damage ruined the community.
    If they do squish: Item squish ruined the community.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A year from now forums will flood with the following threads:

If they do nothing: Big numbers ruined the community.
    If they do mega damage: Mega damage ruined the community.
    If they do squish: Item squish ruined the community.
    The same old formula for anything. If blizz did x then it ruined the community.

dude it is not happening. it happened with the launch of mop so this thread is pointless

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Good! Should have happened for MoP.

The longer they wait to do this the harsher it will be. Folks get used to seeing big numbers. You squish soon and folks start to get used to it before a new expac comes out. Then when you start seeing bigger dps from new content you will forget about it a bit. It is all Psychological.

Wait to do it in the new xpac and you will find folks being lax due to a much poorer feel as your gear/dps/crits will all be lower. Implement it right now and throw things out of order for a bit shake it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I'd rather hit for 150 damage than for 345.678.093. 150 feels stronger, because there's a relation to it - and an upgrade is instantly notable. I stopped caring about upgrades ever since WotLK, because there's just no immediate sense of relation any more. It's just an unintuitive mess of numbers that don't say anything. The bigger the numbers, the more boring it gets.
    So you're saying a 1 damage increase when you're at 150 damage is more noticeable than a 2.370.000 damage increase when you're at 345.678.093? Because that's the kind of comparisons you have to expect.

I'd say most people are going to notice the 2 million increase more, even though both are the same % of increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    We're reaching a computational ceiling here is the problem. We need a solution. I remember seeing people reaching 10K and then hitting it myself and thinking "holy shit." We don't need to be hitting 1,000,000 crits etc. We need to get back to the 1-2k crits again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 06:02 AM ----------

This is pure speculation, but I'm pretty sure a naked 90 could solo MC at this point. Base character power is hugely inflated atm because of the ilvl disparity...

Stop saying false things.

WoW is not even near reaching a computational ceiling. WoW is just reaching the 32 bit integer ceiling, meaning 32 bit systems would have a little overhead in processing some of the calculations.

But even with that overhead, WoW still doesnt use most of your computational power unless your rig is 10 years old.

64 bit systems have NO ISSUE whatsoever.

And no, its not speculation that you would lose power relative to older content, is just basic understanding of what changing an exponential growth into a linear one means.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And no, its not speculation that you would lose power relative to older content, is just basic understanding of what changing an exponential growth into a linear one means.
    They aren't even doing that. They're just reducing the exponent.

What most people fail to understand is that stuff up to level 60 will change little if at all.

If they are waiting untill all the players ask for it, that means they wont do it.

Those of us that understand what it means dont want it and will never want it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They aren't even doing that. They're just reducing the exponent.

What most people fail to understand is that stuff up to level 60 will change little if at all.
    They are not changing the exponent. The proposal was to change all previous-to-current expansion growth from exponential to linear (with little jumps between expansions) and leave the laste xpansion as exponential growth.

That was the proposal they made.

Although I am in favor of this since these inflated stats are getting more and more ridiculous by the second, it will not happen anytime soon since they scrapped the idea. They might bring it up later again, but it's very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    dude it is not happening. it happened with the launch of mop so this thread is pointless
    It did? What game are you playing?
    Last edited by Ziktus; 2013-02-07 at 12:33 PM.

It is just numbers....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I'm up for the item squish.

But if people like a lot of numbers, won't they get a little bit sad if Blizzard adds ''k'' and ''m'' after damage? Since the damage will 'look' lower because instead of 1,000,000 damage, you will do 1M damage, and 120K damage, less numbers will appear on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    it won't happen, they scrapped it completely. They added the comma for a reason. Live with it.
    megadamage!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!!!

They are not changing the exponent. The proposal was to change all previous-to-current expansion growth from exponential to linear (with little jumps between expansions) and leave the laste xpansion as exponential growth.

That was the proposal they made.
    That is still an exponential stat increase. Stats do not grow linearly with itemlevel. Ilvl never grew exponentially, nor linearly.

Besides, the proposal wasn't to change the growth from exponential to linear, but to have the growth be based on where you are as a fresh character for the respective expansion instead of a fully decked out one for older expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    I'm up for the item squish.

But if people like a lot of numbers, won't they get a little bit sad if Blizzard adds ''k'' and ''m'' after damage? Since the damage will 'look' lower because instead of 1,000,000 damage, you will do 1M damage, and 120K damage, less numbers will appear on the screen.
    Since that doesn't remove the data from the game, it would be fairly trivial(if you have programming skills, of course) to produce an addon to convert it back to the old way.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That is still an exponential stat increase. Stats do not grow linearly with itemlevel. Ilvl never grew exponentially, nor linearly.

Besides, the proposal wasn't to change the growth from exponential to linear, but to have the growth be based on where you are as a fresh character for the respective expansion instead of a fully decked out one for older expansions.

Since that doesn't remove the data from the game, it would be fairly trivial(if you have programming skills, of course) to produce an addon to convert it back to the old way.

The proposal was to change stats from exponential growth to linear in all previous expansion and leaving current expansion with exponential growth.

Read it again.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-02-07 at 12:53 PM.

The proposal was to change stats from exponential growth to linear in all previous expansion and leaving current expansion with exponential growth.

Read it again.
    I suggest you read up on what exponential growth even means. Changing stat growth to linear was never part of the deal in the first place, nor would it even have been possible or sensible with the changes they considered.