Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Which is where the new problem comes in: a max level has trouble soloing old content because 1-60 content is unchanged, but the higher levels are significantly weaker.
    Well that's not new, that was even part of their original announcement. That's the only thing that really stands against an item squish. Soloing old raids will be much harder and in many cases impossible.
    Although that could be helped, too. For example they could give old bosses to an actual level instead of the this boss status. That way a level 63 or 73 boss couldn't really hit a lv 90 character while they still would be a challenge for lv 60 guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I love high numbers

I look forward to the day when i can crit for over a million

After all aint we suppose to be getting more powerful as we get to the magical 100

Why should the numbers be squished cause some people are scared of a few extra zeros
    WOW jumped the shark with Cataclysm and the super health pools. That was done merely to fix PvP but it just made everything laughable.

Sorry, but when wildlife has more health than bosses in the old world the game is broken.

I would prefer FIXED health pools like fixed mana pools.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Not gonna happen, people don't like change, especially change that drastic, eventhough everything will technically be the same, it won't feel the same.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    WOW jumped the shark with Cataclysm and the super health pools. That was done merely to fix PvP but it just made everything laughable.

In TBC they did the same thing as well by increasing stamina in the budget.

What I find hilarious though is that every time they supposedly do this to "fix pvp" they also still scale base damage up to match making increasing stamina worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    What is the real point in wasting time to do this though?

Just because some people think numbers are too big? There are just as many that object and feel numbers are fine.

There's no upside to doing a squish. There's just no point. Nobody gains or loses anything, and it's just a waste of time better spent elsewhere.
    Are you seriously arguing that you can count from 1 to 100 at same speed than from 1 to 100000?

It increases performance, everybody wins.

They can just move the decimal point for the numbers displayed, they don't have to touch any of the internal numbers.

We would do to seeing everything from all levels scaled down, but everything would still play the same.

The purpose of a number crunch is to lower how high the DISPLAYED numbers are, not actual gameplay numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    In TBC they did the same thing as well by increasing stamina in the budget.

What I find hilarious though is that every time they supposedly do this to "fix pvp" they also still scale base damage up to match making increasing stamina worthless.
    Yeah, this is the part that always makes me boggle. They "fix" stuff by giving people more health, and then increase damage insanely, nullifying the increase in stamina completely. This is their own fault, really. No one else's.

And yeah, can't wait for the item squish tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Are you seriously arguing that you can count from 1 to 100 at same speed than from 1 to 100000?

It increases performance, everybody wins.
    We are not computers. As far as processing speed goes, 100 takes exactly as much time as 100,000. The only time it matters is when it breaks the 32 bit integer limit, but even testing 64 bit integers shows an almost identical time. Processing speed is not the issue.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well that's not new, that was even part of their original announcement. That's the only thing that really stands against an item squish. Soloing old raids will be much harder and in many cases impossible.
    Although that could be helped, too. For example they could give old bosses to an actual level instead of the this boss status. That way a level 63 or 73 boss couldn't really hit a lv 90 character while they still would be a challenge for lv 60 guilds.
    Trying to balance old bosses for max level characters to make the difficulty equal to what it is now sounds like a needlessly complicated change. It would be easier to just... not do it.