BM Trinket quick question

Which pair do I use?

Relic of Niuzao (2/2) (I assume that I'll be using this)
    Terror in the Mists (Raid Finder! 0/0)
    Vial of Dragon's Blood (*Heroic* 0/0)

I really like the extra stam on the Relic....so Terror or Vial? For 5.2 would Vial be competitive with the mastery buff changes...especially if upgraded? I don't know when I'll get lucky enough to get the *other* trinket off of Elegon? I got "lucky" on a bonus roll for that heroic trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    Which pair do I use?

I really like the extra stam on the Relic....so Terror or Vial? For 5.2 would Vial be competitive with the mastery buff changes...especially if upgraded? I don't know when I'll get lucky enough to get the *other* trinket off of Elegon? I got "lucky" on a bonus roll for that heroic trinket.

Stam is a personal choice.

If you need stam, wear stam.

If you look at the stat weights, and look at average uptime stats for vial, and do the math.

Without even looking I'm assuming TitM will be better.

Which pair do I use?

Should have switched to windwalker before rolling

Oh wow. That's a really horrible set of choices there. The problem here is that TitM is the better option out of all of those, but it's the raid finder version compared to heroic. I'm honestly not sure if that makes much of a difference...

Passive agility is pretty strong for us on a trinket, and the crit proc helps a bit to increase EB uptime (and DPS). The vial has mastery, which usually sucks, and dodge, which is nice on a proc but considering we have a ton of avoidance with Shuffle and EB anyway, it's not exactly optimal. The Niuzao trinket is nice, but stamina is only really needed for a few fights, and while the Dodge is nice too it's not optimal again.

If it was the agility Elegon trinket the choice would be pretty easy (TitM and the agi Elegon trinket). As it is... Well, I'm going to say use Vial and TitM, then swap out TitM for Relic when you need extra stamina.

And go get the Relic of Xuen instead, that's super good.

well he could forge the mastery into haste or crit. so i would take titm and the bottle with mastery geforged into a better stat. and well there is a shado pan trinket around with agi and haste on use....
    13/13

Monk

Question, why do you feel you need the stamina? Everything I have seen, and from personal playing experience, has pointed to dropping stam = win

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    Question, why do you feel you need the stamina? Everything I have seen, and from personal playing experience, has pointed to dropping stam = win
    A few fights can use the extra stamina, especially on heroic. For the most part though, as you say, you don't need it.

I've seen my survivability drop going balls-to-the-wall dps, and, as you can see, my trinket choices are shitty. So I enchant/gem for dps, and I use one stamina trinket to make up the difference (as well as stam food). That and the extra CD *really* helps. You need *some* stamina...doesn't matter where it's from.

Yeah I forgot to switch specs. .

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen my survivability drop going balls-to-the-wall dps, and, as you can see, my trinket choices are shitty. So I enchant/gem for dps, and I use one stamina trinket to make up the difference (as well as stam food). That and the extra CD *really* helps. You need *some* stamina...doesn't matter where it's from.
    Why not use the stam flask (1500 stam for 1000 agil) instead of giving up 1000 agil+proc with the Xuen+Terror combo? Then if you still need more EH can always swap out a trinket.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A few fights can use the extra stamina, especially on heroic. For the most part though, as you say, you don't need it.
    Eh, I have yet to come across a HC boss that needed me to get some more stam, but to be fair I am only a third of the way through HC's. Which bosses do you feel we struggle without a bit extra?

I actually really like the activate part of the Niuzao trinket.
    It's about 10% dodge, which I bind to Elusive, reducing the damage you take to nearly 0. (about 25% base dodge+parry, 20% shuffle, 35% Elusive (2set), 10 trinket = 90% avoid jumjum)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I have yet to come across a HC boss that needed me to get some more stam, but to be fair I am only a third of the way through HC's. Which bosses do you feel we struggle without a bit extra?
    From a 25m stand point.
    - H Eelegon during burn phase since healers aren't babysitting you full time like the other phases.
    - H Blade Lord is nice for the OA as you can survive it without a CD if shuffle is up (not even Guard).
    - H Wind Lord on adds gets intense when all 6 are up/respawned and he is doing Rain of Blades
    - H Lei Shi since Stagger/Shuffle doesn't help at all unless you tanking a protector.

I get myself to 615k w/ stam food, stam flask, stam LW enchants, and Jade Warlord Figurine (I like the mastery /use over dodge personally). Everything else is agil/haste/crit. Could probably get away with less but my healers were very gunshy on a tank with a low 500k tank health pool. Since I heard originally they never planned to accept a BrM tank for progression I try to keep them at ease.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Err I use a stam flask too. So, stam flask + stam food + stam trinket gives me about 600K health.

I definitely use that combo on any heroic progression, and I also have the option of the Jade Warlord if I still need more room. Then, I can switch in another dps trinket if it's on farm, like the first boss of MSV.

I don't like binding the dodge on-use with EB...sometimes it's better to chain them in succession. So, if I tank swap with 15 stacks...I wait until that goes then use the trinket. That's like 25 seconds of high dodge.

Maybe I'll just save the Vial for heroic progression to smooth out the damage a bit. With Niuzao and EB dodge sucks though....and I can't even time it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:19 PM ----------

Is it worth it to upgrade it though given the Mastery changes in 5.2? To prepare for that raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth it to upgrade it though given the Mastery changes in 5.2? To prepare for that raid.
    Currently I would say no, early feedback from PTR testers seems to indicate they are using PB more often which in turn is just driving a need for more haste, and it's still hard to ignore how powerful each second EB is up will be with the 2P so you'll want more crit first still. The "buff" is just a bonus to what ever inherent mastery will end up on your gear.

If anything the 5.2 trinket makes H Bottle (which I got last night woot) potentially more appealing since it provides mastery that can be haste/crit forged + Agil procs. Otherwise I'm really more of a fan of static agil trinkets w/ (agil/crit) procs assuming you are needing a stam trinket.
    [/URL]

The mastery buff for me is just a little bonus and not the next go-to-stat. You still want to have as much haste/crit as you can get. Still hoping for some more BM buffs. Smarter spherehandling for example.
    13/13

Monk

So far I've swapped for the following:

Stone Guard heroic
    Wind Lord Mel'jerak heroic

Will of the Emperor normal
    Blade Lord Ta'yak normal
    Wind Lord Mel'jerak normal
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer normal
    Lei Shi normal

Bear in mind that I swapped for progression purposes on the above named bosses. Nowadays (especially for the normal mode ones) I don't bother swapping at all. Still do for Mel'jerak heroic though, and I imagine I'll be swapping for Lei Shi heroic and Shek'zeer heroic at least. Maybe WotE heroic too.