Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does Anyone Remember MediEvil?

It's been awhile since I've played it (never played 2 sadly) and it just came to mind and was wondering if anyone ever remembered/played this hidden gem.
    Hey everyone

Yes. I still have 1 and 2 on emulator PS1. It also came out for PSP and that one was actually my favorite!

I honestly think it should get a reboot. The game was seriously fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Yes. I still have 1 and 2 on emulator PS1. It also came out for PSP and that one was actually my favorite!

I honestly think it should get a reboot. The game was seriously fun.
    Resurrection was amazing... Honestly if they were to make a third, it could easily be more open worldish.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Indeed awesome game
    I wouldnt call it a hiden gem though.
    I was a teenager when it came out and (at least in Europe) it was a well known game.

Loved the first one, loved the PSP version. Wasnt a fan of 2. Moving it from a 14th/15th Century-esque medieval fantasy world to 19th century victorian England and adding a gun killed it for me.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I think you watch Gamegrumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Indeed awesome game
    I wouldnt call it a hiden gem though.
    I was a teenager when it came out and (at least in Europe) it was a well known game.
    What I mean by hidden I guess is that not many people remember it or are like, "Dude remember that awesome game called MediEvil?!", it's more like all the Spyro's and Crash Bandicoot etc. Granted those are great games but I just fail to see how such a game back then had no continuation of some sort other than a reboot. I guess that happened to a lot of PS1 IP's though if you think about it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    I think you watch Gamegrumps.
    You know too much. The entire series I was like, "Can you guys just choose Sir Daniel!" I was dying of laughter at the ending and I guess it sparked nostalgia.
    Hey everyone

Only ever played the first one, fucking loved it. Amazing game
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Found my old PS1 cds few months ago, replayed both MediEvils recently, I want a sequel so much.
    Putting this gem here:

10+ Year Old Account
    I do remember it. I never owned it myself, I merely played at an old friend's place many years ago back before I even owned a PS1. Pretty fun game, not to mention hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, played both, both were awesome. Man now i'm so nostalgic.

It sounded familiar then i saw the screen shot and remembered. only played a demo think it had 2 levels to it was very fun always planned to get it but it became forgotten. i should get it at some point.

Yep loved these games loads.
    I used to love the guy that sold you stuff , the grunts he made was hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty fun game back in the day. The only thing I really remember about it though was the final boss fight/sequence and getting lost in that god damn ant hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    loved the game, was pretty hard to. One thing that always makes me remember it is the graphic style. Which is very Nightmare Before Christmas-eaque. Brings back alot of good memories playing that game though

Got both MediEvil and MediEvil 2.

All I can say is that they were among my top favourites on the Playstation, and that says a lot. The atmosphere, the humor, the gameplay, the difficulty.... it was perfect. :P

Deleted
    He's playable in the recent Playstation All Stars : Battle Royale on PS3 and PSV too

Was over the moon to see Sir Dan as a playable character in Playstation All Stars, even if that game itself is a flaming turd. One of the few games I had on PS1, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    RETH

I remember the original being a rather fun hack-n-slash/adventure but most remarkable for it's sense of humor at the time.

Deleted
    I have the game on my PS3, final boss is hilarious. Don't know what he tried to transform into but he failed big time xD