Any parts to go with Radeon 7950 to avoid trouble in my system?

I am going to install Radeon 7950 graphic card in my system and afraid that my old PC can't handle it. I not sure about my motherboard but I think my cooler and processor might not able to work well with Radeon 7950.

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core Processor 2.70GHz
    Motherboard: NARRA5
    RAM: 4GB
    TR2-600W Cooler
    64-bit Vista

I am pretty sure I will need a new fan cooler since the graphic card needs ■750W (or greater) power supply with four 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology. So anyone got any suggestions on a processor and a cooler that suits this graphic card? I can use around $300 for both the processor and cooler. A little higher is fine.

Just a random question:Will I have trouble reaching to 40+ FPS with the Radeon 7950 graphic card, new processor, ect. ? For example, a game like Tera online... Will I able to reach around 40 FPS?

amazon.com/Gigabyte-Mini-Displayport-PCI-Express-Graphic-GV-R795WF3-3GD/dp/B007581QHG/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_2_CH8X
    the site of the graphic card I am planning to get

Firstly, that 4x6pin stuff is for if you want to run two 7950s. You only want to run one, so you'll need two 6pin PCI-E connectors.

If you want to upgrade the CPU, you will need a new motherboard and new RAM, as your current setup uses DDR2 RAM instead of DDR3.

What you are referring to as a "cooler" is actually called a "power supply". As far as I know, the Thermaltake Tr2 PSUs aren't very good. I linked a good one in the list below.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($123.79 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock B75 PRO3-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($76.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($39.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.87 @ Amazon)
    Total: $305.63
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-06 03:46 EST-0500)

Comes out a bit over 300, but you said that was OK.

As for the performance - the 7950 can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

The power supply can be enough to handle the graphic card right? Currently I have a 600W one and the one you suggested me is 550W. And a quick question, will my system still able to survive without the motherboard and memory card? What will happen if I don't get them? Sorry, I don't know much about computers.

Quote Originally Posted by elitehole View Post
    The power supply can be enough to handle the graphic card right? Currently I have a 600W one and the one you suggested me is 550W. And a quick question, will my system still able to survive without the motherboard and memory card? What will happen if I don't get them? Sorry, I don't know much about computers.
    550W is enough for 1x 7950 but not enough for 2x 7950's. I guess your 600W PSU can't even give 50A on the 12V, 181A on the 3.3V & 120A on the 5V. Cheapass old psu's are just rated for their maximum power output on a rail while another rail is not even pushing the half out what it should.

I just recommend to go with another PSU before your current just screws everything up.

Deleted
    I recently upgraded from a radeon 6670 to a 7950. Like you, I had no idea if my setup would run it, so I posted it here on the forums.

There might be some valuable information in there for you. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ave-any-effect

that processor might bottleneck it a bit, maybe overclock it and see your results?

600w powersupply would be more than enough for a 7950. i got a 7970 on a 650w atm.

also it depends on what resolution and settings you will be playing to get 40+ fps. if youre just doing 1920x1080p then you should be able to max out most games easily, but if you have an eyefinity set up you might want to crossfire.

also check out Overclock.net easily one of my favorite websites with tons of information.
    Last edited by Gorehowl; 2013-02-07 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    that processor might bottleneck it a bit, maybe overclock it and see your results?
    A bit? A lot ye :P

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I guess your 600W PSU can't even give 50A on the 12V, 181A on the 3.3V & 120A on the 5V. Cheapass old psu's are just rated for their maximum power output on a rail while another rail is not even pushing the half out what it should.
    Why would it output 181A on the 3.3V or 120A on the 5V? That would be extremely silly. The Corsair AX1200i doesn't even put out more than 30A on both those rails since it isn't needed in a modern PSU.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    That Thermaltake PSU should be able to support the 7950. It has 1x6pin and 1x8pin(detachable 2 pin) PCIe connectors. It could be used in a new build as well if you wanted to, which should ultimately save you some money.