Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm pretty sure almost all boss as a swing timer of 2s on this tier.

A friend of mine used this macro on every fight: /run local sp=UnitAttackSpeed("target"); SendChatMessage(GetUnitName("target").."'s current attack speed: "..(("%%.%df"):format(2)):format(sp), "SAY");
    Unless this macro is wrong or he is lying to me, most boss have a swing timer of 2s. (Gara'jal is 1.5s, don't remember Empress and Sha of Fear.)

I will try to run a 16/16 LFR this week to try it on every boss and their adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I'm pretty sure almost all boss as a swing timer of 2s on this tier.

A friend of mine used this macro on every fight: /run local sp=UnitAttackSpeed("target"); SendChatMessage(GetUnitName("target").."'s current attack speed: "..(("%%.%df"):format(2)):format(sp), "SAY");
    Unless this macro is wrong or he is lying to me, most boss have a swing timer of 2s. (Gara'jal is 1.5s, don't remember Empress and Sha of Fear.)

I will try to run a 16/16 LFR this week to try it on every boss and their adds.
    I think they did it so that any boss where the melee swing is a big part of the boss is on 1.5s

Just posted this on maintankadin:

Re: New GC post about pally haste.

Post by Fetzie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Swing times:

ToES
    Protector Kaolan: 2 seconds
    Tsu-long: 1.5 seconds
    Lei-Shi: does not melee, elemental looks like 1.5 seconds
    Sha of Fear: looks like 2.5 seconds, outside of Thrash

MGV
    Stone Guards: 2 seconds
    Feng: 2 seconds
    Garajal: 1.5 seconds
    Spirit Kings: no melee/1.5 seconds
    Elegon: 1.5 seconds
    Will of the Emperor: 1.5 seconds

HoF
    Zorlok: 2 seconds
    Tayak: looks like 1.5 but he interrupts his melee so often it is hard to tell
    garalon: no melee (N), 2 seconds (H only)
    meljarak: 2 seconds
    ambershaper: 1.5 seconds, monstrosity: 1.5 seconds
    Grand Empress: 2 seconds

from our WoL ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/78857/ ), heroic garalon was from the top ranked kill on WoL.
    type = TYPE_DAMAGE
    AND fullType = SWING_DAMAGE
    AND targetName = "Déathangel"

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is writing gc is still gonna proc of CS and HotR.. Dont know if people are taking this into calculations? Allso will it be same 20% prochance there? I'd like some more info in blues.. Then again, they are trying, not given it will stay that way.. sure sounds like a nice perk tho, but nope, wouldnt go all out avoidance, might still make tank pieces more desireable tho.. wich I guess is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    Blizz is writing gc is still gonna proc of CS and HotR..
    Not in mine, since I did my calculations before this message from Blizzard. Though, it's not hard to adapt, I'm just waiting for them to announce percentages.

Blizz is writing gc is still gonna proc of CS and HotR.. Dont know if people are taking this into calculations? Allso will it be same 20% prochance there? I'd like some more info in blues.. Then again, they are trying, not given it will stay that way.. sure sounds like a nice perk tho, but nope, wouldnt go all out avoidance, might still make tank pieces more desireable tho.. wich I guess is the point.
    That was announced after people did their napkin math, and there is little to no point doing maths on the new model without knowing proc chances and proc mechanics (pure chance, PPM, rPPM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good either way then proc chance from cs and HotR are 20% as it is, god knows if its gonna be lowered tho.. if not this is just gonna be a pure buff to aoe tanking, well it is either way.. sad for mastery, everything points at: Hit7,5 > expertise15 > haste > parry > dodge > mastery. I dunno if we might need some mastery after loosing the 4p bonus to make up for it, But sotr reduction seems pretty strong even without so.

Deleted
    Pretty good either way then proc chance from cs and HotR are 20% as it is, god knows if its gonna be lowered tho.. if not this is just gonna be a pure buff to aoe tanking, well it is either way.. sad for mastery, everything points at: Hit7,5 > expertise15 > haste > parry > dodge > mastery. I dunno if we might need some mastery after loosing the 4p bonus to make up for it, But sotr reduction seems pretty strong even without so.
    Why would parry and dodge overtake mastery?

Mastery is and will still continue to be the strongest survival stat.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-02-08 at 06:32 PM.

I really hope they balance this with an ICD so it doesn't have to be balanced around AoE fights, we really don't need more AoE threat on 3 targets, we need more snap AoE on 5-6

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I really hope they balance this with an ICD so it doesn't have to be balanced around AoE fights, we really don't need more AoE threat on 3 targets, we need more snap AoE on 5-6
    90% of boss fights are single-target, and most of the fights with lots of adds that spawn at one time (at least this tier) don't require them to be tanked. If they balance it for anything else they are stupid.

Only Elegon, Will, Mel'jarak, Empress and Lei Shi have tankable adds in T14. The Elegon adds appear twice and are dead within ten seconds (or you are being bad), you shouldn't be tanking the adds at Will as a boss tank, you shouldn't be tanking more than one or two adds at Lei Shi anyway, leaving Mel'jarak and Grand Empress as "multi-target" fights where such a balance would be an issue. No, it should be balanced for single-target fights.

Exactly my point, but in the first implementation it definitely wasn't balanced for 1v1

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to be balanced around AoE fights. Revenge isn't, and Revenge has considerably more impact on warrior active defense and offense than Grand Crusader does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It doesn't have to be balanced around AoE fights. Revenge isn't, and Revenge has considerably more impact on warrior active defense and offense than Grand Crusader does.
    Never said it needed to be, I just really don't want to end up with a huge way that we get HoP to be ruined with the exclusion of a few very sparse AoE fights, and as much as I trust Blizzard they've not always made the smartest choices

10+ Year Old Account
    I went out last night and got really drunk and didn't post on mmochampion. Yeahhhhhhhh!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I went out last night and got really drunk and didn't post on mmochampion. Yeahhhhhhhh!
    Success Kid Merin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Success Kid Merin
    I dunno man, I'm about to have a shower then go to the shops and get 2 bottles of red wine for tonight
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said it needed to be, I just really don't want to end up with a huge way that we get HoP to be ruined with the exclusion of a few very sparse AoE fights, and as much as I trust Blizzard they've not always made the smartest choices
    What I mean is that I don't really think there's a danger of that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    im sorry to be rude butler but 'good' doesent need to be quoted, as it is a common word and is hardly ironical. Were you quoting good to suggest that it is not actually good?
    Those are referred to as "scare quotes". They imply sarcasm or a hidden meaning.

What was meant to be said is that it's not good, per se, but better. Still bad, but better.

On topic, I don't believe the difference will lead to dodge or parry being superior still. If anything, I think it would provide an interesting buff to flag carrying in RBGs versus melee (does Shield still hit hard?) and trash. It's probably gonna need an internal cooldown.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    On topic, I don't believe the difference will lead to dodge or parry being superior still. If anything, I think it would provide an interesting buff to flag carrying in RBGs versus melee (does Shield still hit hard?) and trash. It's probably gonna need an internal cooldown.
    hits for around 30k on a target dummy, not sure what that would be in PvP power gear, but its one of our hardest hitting abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    hits for around 30k on a target dummy, not sure what that would be in PvP power gear, but its one of our hardest hitting abilities
    And it bounces to multiple targets, correct? And silences? I feel like it's not going live without an ICD or Prot being a silly niche anticaster-but-only-when-they're-getting-hit PVP role.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.