Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Best diet plan for gamers.

I would like to ask you guys what is the best diet plan for a gamer like me who sits in front of my computer for about 8-10 hours a day playing wow, maestia, LoL and many more other mmo games >.< I have noticed that I am gaining so much weight on this régime. Do you have your own exercise routines with this kind of lifestyle?

think more faceroll less, thinking burns calories

Deleted
    play less, sport more ...

i use to go running 2 times a week ... when i started with that i was done for after about 30 minutes of running, ... so in addition to having a shower that took me only one hour.
    now i run for about an hour or 1 1/2 ... with shower i need 2 hours of my day for that ...

also running gives me plenty of opportunity to ponder about my games. think of advanced builds and talents, tactics, what else i have to do and so on.
    after that i really feel relaxed and it keeps my weigth in check.

Deleted
    I would cut down on the amount of playing and sitting. Go for a walk.
    Obesity cant be hindered through diet alone. You need exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't drink sugary drinks at all. Drink water. Something like Coke Zero is also OK because it has no sugar/calories, but is not a substitute for water at all.

Don't eat too many snack foods that are bread-like. No chips.

Lean meats, fruits. Water. Smaller portions. Nothing larger than your palm.

Taking a walk or doing some push-ups/sit-ups every now and then helps. You don't have to be a nut about it, just 10 here and there.

Stretch now and then. Sitting all the time isn't good for us.

Also, take vitamins.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-02-06 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzonic View Post
    I would like to ask you guys what is the best diet plan for a gamer like me who sits in front of my computer for about 8-10 hours a day playing wow, maestia, LoL and many more other mmo games >.< I have noticed that I am gaining so much weight on this régime. Do you have your own exercise routines with this kind of lifestyle?
    Drop down to one meal a day.

You'll be hungry. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Most has been said already - but drink water to every meal and if you are thirsty in between drink more water

I do the push-up thing the guy above me mentioned. Do it during loadingscreens.. 10-15 push-ups is fine.. You get your blood flowing faster and it will increase the 'performance' of your brain.. for a short while at least

Deleted
    Queue times are your friend. Use it as an excuse to stand up and do something. Getting an exercise bike is a good idea so you can keep an eye on the screen. As someone suggested running is also great.

As for food just eat healthily, don't deny yourself some treats now and again or you'll go crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    I would cut down on the amount of playing and sitting. Go for a walk.
    Obesity cant be hindered through diet alone. You need exercise.
    That's a load of bullshit... If you watch what you eat you can easily stay in shape without ever exercising. Exercising is great for a lot of other reasons such as feeling better both physically and mentally, allows you to eat more, and puts you in better shape, but you won't necessarily gain weight just because you don't exercise. Your body burns X amount of energy every day just by being alive, if you don't eat any more than that you won't have any excessive energy to put on.

Granted, if you don't work out you won't be able to eat as much snacks or other unhealthy food.

I wonder if electronic muscle stimulators would help in this situation, you would never have to leave your pc and get in shape while doing the things you enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    That's a load of bullshit... If you watch what you eat you can easily stay in shape without ever exercising. Exercising is great for a lot of other reasons such as feeling better both physically and mentally, allows you to eat more, and puts you in better shape, but you won't necessarily gain weight just because you don't exercise. Your body burns X amount of energy every day just by being alive, if you don't eat any more than that you won't have any excessive energy to put on.

Granted, if you don't work out you won't be able to eat as much snacks or other unhealthy food.
    It's still stupid to go on a diet to lose weight, and not include exercise in it. But yeah, obviously you can still lose weight just by cutting your amount of food intake.
    And by exercise, I mean anything, really. Even walking a bit more, lots of people don't even walk anymore, it's insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    I wonder if electronic muscle stimulators would help in this situation, you would never have to leave your pc and get in shape while doing the things you enjoy.
    Those don't really work.

Deleted
    Walk to the fridge more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

Sure, you can lose weight by diet alone. But as soon as you've quit the diet the weight will find its way back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Sure, you can lose weight by diet alone. But as soon as you've quit the diet the weight will find its way back.
    Yeah, it's about habits and lifestyle. It's better to change lifestyle habits than to "diet".
    Just giving up sugary drinks would have dramatic effect in some people.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what your diet is OP but drink only water and avoid junk food.

Deleted
    Honestly ?...... move away from the computer from time to time get out more :/

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Those don't really work.
    Kegel exercises will while sitting at your desk all day should be beneficial to your physical health

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you can eat whatever you want as long as you keep track of the calories and exercise accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I don't know what your diet is OP but drink only water and avoid junk food.
    Wrong. Just avoiding those wont make you thiner or go down in weight. You have to change your lifestyle. Kcal out - Kcal in = + you're going down in weight. - you're going up.

Change your diet. Everything makes you fat, you just have to balance it out. Well.. Tomatoes don't.. Or it does but unless you can eat around 150-200 tomatoes....