Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    I think it's more likely they are allowing any individual character (Horde or Alliance) to play with the opposing faction.

    Sometime ago, before Cata as it was suppose to go live with the Expac, they said they were toying with the idea of you abandoning your faction and so you would see Humans rolling in Org or trolls pvping with Nelfs. But it never went live. Now that they tested this with pandas, you get to choose which side you represent, and Wrathion during the legendary dialog talking about an Azeroth coming together to fight what's to come (I can't remember his exact words).

    This Expac is themed around togetherness and finding peace within. I'm pretty sure the new thing will be a united faction, choose which side to hero for regardless of race.
    No I really do not think this will ever happen. Blizzard has always taken great pains to seperate the factions, not to bring them closer.

    This expansion is themed around balance but that balance is always provided by an equal contrast of opposites. Light and Dark, Horde and Alliance. Both factions exist because of the other and serve to prevent the other from becoming more powerful.

  2. #22
    Well I can't seem to find a link to the actual posting about a Neutral Race or cross faction, but you can find posts referring to it in Mid October of 2011 about how "heroes"(players) don't agree with how Garrosh or Varian are breaking treaties and conducting. So they decide to pardon with the opposing faction.

    But with how the current way the game is going, I'd say that they meditate over it and allow those that want to join the opposing faction, do so without some sort of traitor ruling. The end of Cata was suppose to instill in us that we are the heroes, not the NPCs, and now this expac is attempting to bring peace between the factions allowing that door to open. Since, as Wrathion stated, we have to unite all of Azeroth in order to defeat the new threat that's to come.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    I think it's more likely they are allowing any individual character (Horde or Alliance) to play with the opposing faction.

    Sometime ago, before Cata as it was suppose to go live with the Expac, they said they were toying with the idea of you abandoning your faction and so you would see Humans rolling in Org or trolls pvping with Nelfs. But it never went live. Now that they tested this with pandas, you get to choose which side you represent, and Wrathion during the legendary dialog talking about an Azeroth coming together to fight what's to come (I can't remember his exact words).

    This Expac is themed around togetherness and finding peace within. I'm pretty sure the new thing will be a united faction, choose which side to hero for regardless of race.
    I was thinking but a third faction that the alliance and horde can defect to

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    Regional servers merge (EU, US).

    EDIT: I'm not sugesting playing from EU on US server and vice versa, you would play on your region's server only, but that would function as one large server with autobalancing phases to avoid over/under population.

    Think about it, we allready have CRZs and cross server RealID chats, so the tech behind it is allready in stages of live testing.

    The way it will function is you log in to game on youre regional server, EU for example, and youre character gets logged in on one of the physical servers allready in existance. Server which you get logged in is choosen based on current player/faction balance on active servers, and functions only as one phasing of regional server, to avoid overclutter in zones. Regardless of ''server phase'' you're in, at any given time you have full acces to youre guilds chat, and AH is unified for all phased servers.

    Major chats (city) are at risk of beeing overcluttered if unified, so one of two solutions will be implemented:
    1- There will be tabs (city1, city2, city3...) to switch between different phases chat.
    2- There will be /1Trade, /2raid, /3dungeon, /4arena, /4RBG, /5bg, /6guildrecruitment... regional chats. This is in theory better option, but due to nature of community it would all end up in /trade so it might not work.

    When you group with someone you all get phased in raid/group leaders phase.


    That's it. No more low pop servers, no more imbalanced servers, no more server xfers to find a raiding guild.
    Of course, since blizzard makes 20E per server xfer i fully expect faction change to go from 25E to 45E to compensate. They will call it ''Turncloak Tax'' and argue that with the increase in war intensity between Horde and Alliance changing sides gets ever more difficult and expensive endevour
    They said that was not going to happen.
    If only for character names.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    I was thinking but a third faction that the alliance and horde can defect to
    Third faction will not happen imo, it would require a revamp of literally all content to provide a levelling path. Every BG would need to be redesigned into a 3 way fight, etc

    it is far too big. Cataclysm revamp wasn't complete and some zones were left untouched due to it being too big, they won't do this and revamp everything from all expansions up until now.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    more likely they're going to use the Ilvl scaling system from challenge modes to allow people to down-level/down-grade themselves and be able to do old raids/dungeons on challenge mode(the raid/dungeon rebalanced around current class mechanics, rewarding unique color transmog gear).

    effectively stopping up content leak.
    this.would.be.FUCKING.awesome.

    My mind exploded when thinking about the amount of content that could be released this way. they could simply recolor the existing gear in that instance as a reward, or recolor some other exclusive rewards (mounts/pets). But before they do this: have 2 kinds of gear "normal gear" which can be used for its stats and for transmogrifying and have a seperate kind of gear: transmogrify gear: gear w/o that's used only for transmogrifying, this gear should be stocked in a seperate "bank". One should be able to 'adapt' normal gear to transmog gear, this would solve alot of the banking problem we have atm with gear, and yeah that one tab for transmog gear sucks as it is, u have to remove it every time u wanna use it and it just feels like crap to me.

    Also: perhaps this content should be added slowly (as in don't release 13 tiers of raids at once (prolly impossible anyway)), but limited to one tier at a time. every patch that's coming out could add one tier of raids available this way, this "revamped" (GOD NO NAXX REVAMP-STYLE(derping down content) content wouldn't count as actual content added but should be considered bonuscontent for the players. I honestly believe this _would_ bring back lots of players for not that much time invested into it by blizzard. Just think about this: having 2-3 heroic dungeons added you can farm on your alts for loot (derpmode lfd), or having new challenge mode raids (difficulty: current normal raids with ENTRY gear)

    edit: for the sake of balancing: have only a 10 man mode.
    Last edited by Vorondil; 2013-02-06 at 11:25 AM.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Zhira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    423
    It think we're more likely to get cross server guilds.

    Z.
    LotRO - Zhira @ Snowbourn - L95 Man Burglar
    Rift - Zhira @ Zaviel - L60 Guardian Rogue
    WoW - Zhilas @ Draenor - L90 Goblin Rogue

    "...some cheese for your whine ?"

  8. #28
    Give us $50 transfers between EU and US servers!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  9. #29
    Given nearly every previous "feature" they have announced in an expansion involved cross realm tech. (cross realm bgs, LFD, LFR, Cross realm zones) I would suspect it was something else along those lines to further make us move towards a server-less wow.

    Cross realm guilds & AH is my guess.

  10. #30
    While I wouldnt mind the general idea, I dont think that this would work.

    a) Auction house issues. You would never be able to browse for that orange gem you can never remember the name of. On the plus side, prices would generally drop as you would have many more competing Ah players.

    b) Bob, come over and check my new transmog/ get your blingtron gift/ see me hanging out in SW afking on my awesome flying mount outside the bank! Im there, but I cant see you, where are you?

    I just wouldnt want to be chucked into other phases than my guildies and friends.

  11. #31
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    201
    Either they will allow gnome paladins or a class change option for 50 bucks.

  12. #32
    Okay, so think about it like this guys, if we ever see horde and alliance, play together, it's going to be an other faction, a newly created 3rd faction, with focus on peacemaking, how they are to deal with the following consequences of the actions taken by Alliance and Horde? But tbh, I think it would be cool to see cross-faction gameplay, if we ever see a united Azeroth. Would add something special thing to the game, but, it also goes against everything stated in the lore. How Alliance and Horde constantly fights, and cannot stand each other. What do you think?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    I think it's more likely they are allowing any individual character (Horde or Alliance) to play with the opposing faction.

    Sometime ago, before Cata as it was suppose to go live with the Expac, they said they were toying with the idea of you abandoning your faction and so you would see Humans rolling in Org or trolls pvping with Nelfs. But it never went live. Now that they tested this with pandas, you get to choose which side you represent, and Wrathion during the legendary dialog talking about an Azeroth coming together to fight what's to come (I can't remember his exact words).

    This Expac is themed around togetherness and finding peace within. I'm pretty sure the new thing will be a united faction, choose which side to hero for regardless of race.
    OH GOD PLEASE GIVE ME THIS SO I CAN BE A GNOME AGAIN!!! Well, I still can't since I play a druid, but at least I could be a night elf instead of tauren or troll.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    How Alliance and Horde constantly fights, and cannot stand each other. What do you think?
    What about how Alliance and Horde always unite to fight a bigger threat? Burning Legion in WC3: RoC, the Scourge in TFT, Scourge again in original naxx (somewhat, with AD), against the Burning Legion in SWP (somewhat again, with Shattered Sun Offensive that was a alliance between Aldor and Scryers that usually hate each other (notice a pattern?)), then once again in WotLK for almost the entire expansion, in Cataclysm against Deathwing.
    "The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived." -Oscar Wilde

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinga/advanced

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire grumpyoldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    444
    I think that underestimates the network latency between continents.
    YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    WoW was always pretty much He-Man regarding the story and the characters.

  15. #35
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    Regional servers merge (EU, US).

    EDIT: I'm not sugesting playing from EU on US server and vice versa, you would play on your region's server only, but that would function as one large server with autobalancing phases to avoid over/under population.

    Think about it, we allready have CRZs and cross server RealID chats, so the tech behind it is allready in stages of live testing.

    The way it will function is you log in to game on youre regional server, EU for example, and youre character gets logged in on one of the physical servers allready in existance. Server which you get logged in is choosen based on current player/faction balance on active servers, and functions only as one phasing of regional server, to avoid overclutter in zones. Regardless of ''server phase'' you're in, at any given time you have full acces to youre guilds chat, and AH is unified for all phased servers.

    Major chats (city) are at risk of beeing overcluttered if unified, so one of two solutions will be implemented:
    1- There will be tabs (city1, city2, city3...) to switch between different phases chat.
    2- There will be /1Trade, /2raid, /3dungeon, /4arena, /4RBG, /5bg, /6guildrecruitment... regional chats. This is in theory better option, but due to nature of community it would all end up in /trade so it might not work.

    When you group with someone you all get phased in raid/group leaders phase.


    That's it. No more low pop servers, no more imbalanced servers, no more server xfers to find a raiding guild.
    Of course, since blizzard makes 20E per server xfer i fully expect faction change to go from 25E to 45E to compensate. They will call it ''Turncloak Tax'' and argue that with the increase in war intensity between Horde and Alliance changing sides gets ever more difficult and expensive endevour
    Not sure if it can somehow be related to this but in SC2: Heart of the Swarm, you'll be able to change region whenever you want. Perhaps they're doing it in HotS to test it for WoW?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    Well I can't seem to find a link to the actual posting about a Neutral Race or cross faction, but you can find posts referring to it in Mid October of 2011 about how "heroes"(players) don't agree with how Garrosh or Varian are breaking treaties and conducting. So they decide to pardon with the opposing faction.

    But with how the current way the game is going, I'd say that they meditate over it and allow those that want to join the opposing faction, do so without some sort of traitor ruling. The end of Cata was suppose to instill in us that we are the heroes, not the NPCs, and now this expac is attempting to bring peace between the factions allowing that door to open. Since, as Wrathion stated, we have to unite all of Azeroth in order to defeat the new threat that's to come.
    I can't see that happening at all.

    They aren't going to allow factions to play together because the whole game is NOT taking place after the Wrathion quest line. It also takes the war right out of the game. Warcraft has always been about the war between humans and orcs and Horde and Alliance and I see no reason as to why Blizzard would make changes to this principle.

    And yes, the races have to be united to take on the bigger threat but it doesn't have to be through a complete alliance of sort making warcraft nothing more but peacecraft. You are also not thinking about what this stuff means for PvP servers.

    A third faction is even worse because it would also mean all of the quests pre next expansion (if it is truly about one overall alliance) will no longer work because there are still a good amount of clear faction specific quests on the old continents. And all BGs would horribly break with a third faction. A third faction can never be added after the fact because it destroys the core of what a game is about and the whole game would have to be changed. You are basically asking for a WoW 2 if you ask for a third faction.

    What the OP is talking about, likely won't happen either. If there are no more true physical realms/servers but only "phases" you still have the issue of players having the same exact name, which is also one of the reasons as to why Blizzard won't do server mergers. I doubt many players are willing to change their name after so many years, I know I am not willing to part with my names.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Third faction will not happen imo, it would require a revamp of literally all content to provide a levelling path. Every BG would need to be redesigned into a 3 way fight, etc

    it is far too big. Cataclysm revamp wasn't complete and some zones were left untouched due to it being too big, they won't do this and revamp everything from all expansions up until now.
    Low level toons couldnt defect. Maybe 85 or 90 before its an option.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    What about how Alliance and Horde always unite to fight a bigger threat? Burning Legion in WC3: RoC, the Scourge in TFT, Scourge again in original naxx (somewhat, with AD), against the Burning Legion in SWP (somewhat again, with Shattered Sun Offensive that was a alliance between Aldor and Scryers that usually hate each other (notice a pattern?)), then once again in WotLK for almost the entire expansion, in Cataclysm against Deathwing.
    Yeah, that was actually what I meant, sorry for not making that clear, but I would love this as we have already seen small doses of this

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    I think it's more likely they are allowing any individual character (Horde or Alliance) to play with the opposing faction.

    Sometime ago, before Cata as it was suppose to go live with the Expac, they said they were toying with the idea of you abandoning your faction and so you would see Humans rolling in Org or trolls pvping with Nelfs. But it never went live. Now that they tested this with pandas, you get to choose which side you represent, and Wrathion during the legendary dialog talking about an Azeroth coming together to fight what's to come (I can't remember his exact words).

    This Expac is themed around togetherness and finding peace within. I'm pretty sure the new thing will be a united faction, choose which side to hero for regardless of race.
    This would make my year. I could roll human as Horde. I would love it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Low level toons couldnt defect. Maybe 85 or 90 before its an option.
    Then you still have the issue of needing to change all BGS to allow for three factions in it. Future content would need more work but instead of that they will sooner give us less content per faction than just as much as now with just two factions.

    You will also have the issue that you will have even less people to group up with once there is a third faction. There are already enough issues with low population and a third faction would make this problem even worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •