Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elise bringing it back?

So I have seen an increase in Elise players in ranked games, and decided to try her out for myself. And dear lord she is a disgusting thing! Played a practice game, then a normal game and then straight into ranked with her. 6/6 games won so far! Is it just me or does she seem a bit to OP?

She have the range to poke at melee/bruiser types, and her stun if they get to close. In spider form she have an inbuild Zhonya's by lvl 2, and can sustain extremely well with her W.
    And building HP against her does not work either since her Q deals % hp dmg in both human and spider form!

But please, share your thought about her! But one thing is for sure! I will abuse the fact that she is such a safe pick, for as long as I can!

Deleted
    She's strong.

Strong.

Not overpowered.

She recently got her poke nerfed, putting her more in-line.

You should try her in the jungle. <3

I have played her in the jungle aswell. Extremely strong, and can let her spiders tank for her! I really consider going boots +3 pots on her in the jungle! She can sustain herself so well, and deals so much damage anyways!

Yeah, she is hella strong. A lot of people even build her as a bruiser because of how crazy her base damage is.

Also, then you can build her as a bruiser because her Q scales with % hp damage in both forms. So you don't actually have to build her AP to get damage out of her! But I still like playing her as an AP assasin top.

I recently got her and tend to build her bruisery to great effect. I've heard a pure tank build works well too due to her being able to start a fight.
    RETH

What is your build then?
    Personally I start with boots + 3 pots and farm until I can afford Seeker's Armguards. Then I farm until I can afford a haunting guise. Finish my liandry's torment and then I start stomping whoever is top. Love the early Seeker's Armguards since they makes you able to trade with any kind of bruiser types top, except Irelia with her true damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always go for straight penetration items on Elise. All of them, with the exception of void staff (which I don't buy), make you more tanky in some way. Haunting Guise provides health and Abyssal provides MR. If you are against a hard AD lane top, the new Seekers Armguard is awesome. I just built it as my only armor item on Vlad and it really helped early game against an Olaf and a Vi jungle. Same applies to Elise. However, Elise also greatly benefits from a Frozen Heart, so your gold might be better spent on a chain vest for armor.

Deleted
    Machete > Boots > Haunting Guise > Warmog's > Mercs/Sorcs > and then whatever you need... ap? liandrys. armor? sunfire(frozen heart if they have heavy AA's, but Sunfire is better because of the hp). mr? spirit visage/abyssal. general tankyness and dmg? rylais.

Well I like her, very hard to counter and fits in as an AP bruiser with very nice gap closers. If I could name one thing about Elise that I dislike it is that she lacks and grand sort of ultimate ability (high cooldown, High impact).

Deleted
    I've only played her in the jungle, but I've managed to refine my style of building her a bit to:

Start boots, 3 pots, she really doesn't need the machete or any items that build out of it. Ask for help at blue and do it smiteless. Get wolves (preferably before blue) and wraiths on the way to getting red. Gank top / mid for an easy first blood. On first back, a haunting guise or the items for one are great. After haunting guise, depending on how well I'm doing, I go for either sorc's or rylai. After this, warmog right away if doing well, liandry's if a bit behind. Abyssal afterwards and then your last item of choice.

Is it because you all use her spider form so much that you build bruiser/tank? Cause I mainly wear them down with my spells and then finish them off in spiderform. And I think she have way to many escapes to actually build tanky. I play her as a hit'n'run champ, until I can go for the execute in spider form. Works like a charm so far!

Deleted
    I play her as a mix of tank and harass, trying to pick off one target with the team thanks to the E in human form, then when the actual fight happens I get in there so they blow some stuff on me then E to the squishies and kill them.

Okay! I usually hang around the back in teamfights and blast them with everything I have! The stun every 5 second is something that changes a fight! And then go into spider form to finish of enemies who try to run away, or are just low! :P But again, I am still new to playing her, so I am definatly gonna try building her as a bruiser to see if it better fits my style of playing!

Deleted
    Liandry's and Rylai's for awesome harass.

But the main thing is the fact we play her as a jungler. You can't just 'wear them down and finish them off in spider-form'. You go all-out on ganks to get kills and then straight to skirmishes/teamfights where you can't really get too much poke off.

Yes I'm mainly in Spider-form during fights; before a fight breaks out I'm in Human-form trying to land a Cocoon or simply harass them down. During fights I go out of Spider-form mainly to get a Cocoon off, or Q if they're running away (given that I've got Rylai's at that point) and I don't want to use my Web until after they use their escape-mechanics. I play her much like Lee Sin, actually; either protecting my carry or trying to shut down enemy carries. Although she's not too strong on protecting outside of a Cocoon and some slows from items, so I'm almost always just trying to soak up important cooldowns and then jump to enemy squishies.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-02-06 at 12:38 PM.

Yeah, Elise is a typical assassin; you go all-in with great power to try to get those kills. Your job in teamfights is mainly taking down their squishy peeps.

Elise is a bit different though, since she can actually build tanky enough to stay in the fight. But staying in her human form most of the time is a waste, and also a tax on your mana. You should start off in human form for burst+CC, then switch to spider for sustained damage, placement tools and her finisher (Q).

Of course, it depends on the situation. You don't go spider and melee people if you're nearly dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    Is it because you all use her spider form so much that you build bruiser/tank? Cause I mainly wear them down with my spells and then finish them off in spiderform. And I think she have way to many escapes to actually build tanky. I play her as a hit'n'run champ, until I can go for the execute in spider form. Works like a charm so far!
    It's because her main damaging abilities scale only so-so with AP, so you're better off building tanky-AP items, she scales better with MP than AP for the same reason. This is also the reason why she is such a good top laner and why she fits so good in the meta: Health % damaging abilities plus being able to get tanky items without losing much damage or utility.

With her I go 9/21/0 and I like building liandry and rylais with Sorceror's boots as core, then go for Zhonya, Abyssal, Warmogs, FH, etc etc depending on what I need. If you go mid and you have a tanky Top you could also try going for utilities instead of full defensive. I just don't think full offensive is worth on her.

I love Elise and have mained her as an AP assassin since a week after release.

She is easily one of the most powerful champions in game at midgame. While overall i'd say shes balanced (albeit strong), she is definately 'overpowered' at the midgame point where you have sorc boots + haunting guise.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time I see her top lane she goes tanky. Usually a sunfire/warmogs rush then into flat penetration.

I've also seen someone just go straight manmode though after they get ahead a little bit, and that is truly terrifying if they are good elise players.

She is pretty much 100% on my banlist if I have first pick.

One flaw i find in her is the AA animation, too complicated =/