Thread: Inquisitor Rpg

Inquisitor Rpg

I actually found this game on the Steam greenlights. I dont think it ever got greenlighted, but I ended up buying it on gog.com anyway. Very interesting storyline, you play as one of 3 classes (Paladin, Priest, Thief) lots of cutsomability with classes, and you travel the world as an inquisitor collecting evidence and dispensing justice where you see fit. Old School Diablo 2 engine for graphics, gameplay very unbalanced. Developed by a first time czech gaming company. I spent some time on this game and thought I would share it with the mmo community. Neat game if you like the old school rpgs. Post if you need help with the game, or want to talk about it.

Deleted
    Can you recommend it? Why/Why not? I'm interrested in hearing more about the game from someone who just tried it out. What about the story content, does it deliver? What's the overall gameplay like?

It depends on what you like. Like I said it has some major gameplay issues. However, I liked the story enough to overlook that. I enjoyed the player customization, non linearn gameplay, and engaging story. If your about graphics and gameplay issues your better off grabbing Skyrim or Dragon Age. The game developer, Cinemax, just disbanded so there won't be exclusive guides or patches to the game. You will have to rely on forums and word of mouth for help if you need it.

Nothing looks better than an Isometric game. What kind of gameplay issues you've engaged so far?

I wanna buy this game but can you write a little more detailed review. Also I couldn't find on steam.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-06 at 04:20 PM.

You can find a lets play here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJmdHXOUsfU, Personally I am in Act 2, I put this game on Impossible mode and am having quite a tough time getting things done in the game. You probably want to keep it spoiler free, unfortunately there arent a whole lot of reviews of the game, and I doubt I would be the guy to give a real good walkthough/explanation. I can tell you gameplay wise it is pretty similar to Diablo 2, as it uses the same engine. Without giving away too much of the game, you have a small party and you play the role as an Inquisitor. In the world of the Inquisitor we are set in what appears to be 'the end of days' according to Christianity. Demons and Orcs now roam free, the game has a very mature theme, you can torture the people you are investigating and you eventually can hang them. The mature theme in this game is a big part of the story. Villains in the game are described in detail as doing real graphic things like rape and torture, in terms of story this is a bit further away from your classic dungeons and dragons themes. Watch a bit of the lets play first before you buy it. The game has alot of graphic bugs, script errors things of that nature. Please don't buy this game and say I lied to you, heh it really is a headache at alot of points. Gameplay issues that I have experienced at are known check http://www.statepress.com/2012/09/04...nced-gameplay/ this lists them pretty well. There is a pretty common graphics error that causes the screen to turn into red blocks. This website will give more detailed information on these problems.
    Last edited by Seani; 2013-02-06 at 07:35 PM.

This doesn't even come close to resembling the Diablo II engine. I think you mean Baldurs Gate engine?

15+ Year Old Account
    The video that was linked definitely turned me off this game tbh, the combat looks so incredibly annoying and clunky.

I picked it up off of gog.com a few weeks ago, and I have enjoyed what I have played, which isn't much to be honest (been busy with Path of Exile). I'm still in and about the first town. There is a ton of dialogue, and unless you hear about something, you can't ask about it, which gives you a good reason to go around and talk to the NPCs that you've already talked to, as you'll have new dialogue options. As the OP stated, it is a very mature theme with some very graphic descriptions. Gameplay is decent, but the story is what will keep you playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    This doesn't even come close to resembling the Diablo II engine. I think you mean Baldurs Gate engine?
    It uses the Infinity game engine, which was used to make Baldur's gate, Diablo 1+2, Icewind Dale, etc...

Diablo 1 and 2 weren't Infinity Engine games. The original Diablo was going to be like, I shit you not, claymation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Engine

Also, this Inquisitor game looks awesome for an old schooler.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Diablo 1 and 2 weren't Infinity Engine games. The original Diablo was going to be like, I shit you not, claymation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Engine

Also, this Inquisitor game looks awesome for an old schooler.
    Thank you Fencers, I was about to facedesk.

More reviews about it please!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Nothing looks better than an Isometric game. What kind of gameplay issues you've engaged so far?

I wanna buy this game but can you write a little more detailed review. Also I couldn't find on steam.
    It isn't on steam you gan get it at gog.com