New Character Models

I think the new character models will be the thing they release at the end of mists everybody seems to be talking about.
    Think for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said that whatever it is that they're going to do has been unannounced.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Blizz said that whatever it is that they're going to do has been unannounced.
    Good. The new character models should be considered a prerequisite anyways; the game is aging and as a result some of the older facets should be modernized or rejuvenated.

At the end of Mists? Surely they can pull it off way before that. I hope.

Deleted
    In my opinion, whatever Blizzard say ... new character models will never happen, cause they don't care about us, we can die and everyone has to make a panda

Lulz.

They'll be the selling point for the next expansion. Guaranteed. It's a big deal, and why not capitalize/profit off such a big change?

Quote Originally Posted by Goreheart View Post
    I think the new character models will be the thing they release at the end of mists everybody seems to be talking about.
    Blizzard have already said they're working on an unannounced feature, so if we know about the new models, it clearly isn't that. Ghostcrawler also went on to say that a few people might simply say; "Is that it?" when he was asked to clarify, and I highly doubt people will just ignore one of the biggest updates the World of Warcraft.

And, as a final point, new models would require a patch, a pretty important patch to the game, something typically more associated with a new expansion. I'm expecting the next expansion to be themed on the Burning Legion, with new Models & the Item Squish as two of the big features.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    In my opinion, whatever Blizzard say ... new character models will never happen, cause they don't care about us, we can die and everyone has to make a panda

Lulz.
    There have been a few leaked pictures of the Tauren Model concept art, along with confirmation that the Dwarf Race would be the first completed, and so by now I assume it is done. Blizzard have all but confirmed it is coming, but have said it is something they are going to do.

Also, Blizzard is not a money grabbing whore-machine as some make it out to be. They could squeeze this game so much more if they really wanted, through micro-transactions in-game.

Deleted
    New player models will be used as a selling feature of a future expansion, makes no business sense for such a long and huge rework to be thrown around in some patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    New player models will be used as a selling feature of a future expansion, makes no business sense for such a long and huge rework to be thrown around in some patch.
    That's their best bet right now since demand for content this time around is every patch.

But it needs to happen soon, most of the models have been around since E3 2002...

Deleted
    new character models are the last thing i want them to work on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly... is as Eskobar say, we won't see new characters models until the next expansion :S

Deleted
    Someone hates Blizzard....

So they wont do the same as what they did for druid forms then? Explain to me how they can give us new models with 'new expansion'? so we are keeping the old ones as well are we? and only getting the new ones if we have bought the newest expansion.

I have never heard something so ridiculous. The new models will come out when they are finished, it took a long time for the new druid models to come out after they had announced them and this is a much bigger project. We can all hope for whenever, but the truth is nobody knows but Blizzard. Considering they said the human orc and dwarf models were 'almost complete' and 'might be ready for mists release' in the months before mists came out, id say the wait isnt much longer until we at least get to see the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the now Models will be a Hookup for the next Expansion i don't care. Imo it would be a interesting Feature if you could also use animations from other Races. Lets say im playing a Female Belf Warrior, the animations for the Prot specc are ugly. I would love to use the animations of a Human Female, i think they are way more fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    a few leaked pictures of the Tauren Model concept art
    I appear to have missed significant news/leaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    They would better serve as a selling point for the next expansion, especially in tandem with whatever else they roll out.

I mean, aging graphics can put modern gamers off. A brand new expansion would be the perfect time to publicly address the "aging game" issue.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Blizzard have already said they're working on an unannounced feature, so if we know about the new models, it clearly isn't that. Ghostcrawler also went on to say that a few people might simply say; "Is that it?" when he was asked to clarify, and I highly doubt people will just ignore one of the biggest updates the World of Warcraft.

And, as a final point, new models would require a patch, a pretty important patch to the game, something typically more associated with a new expansion. I'm expecting the next expansion to be themed on the Burning Legion, with new Models & the Item Squish as two of the big features.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 12:47 PM ----------

There have been a few leaked pictures of the Tauren Model concept art, along with confirmation that the Dwarf Race would be the first completed, and so by now I assume it is done. Blizzard have all but confirmed it is coming, but have said it is something they are going to do.

Also, Blizzard is not a money grabbing whore-machine as some make it out to be. They could squeeze this game so much more if they really wanted, through micro-transactions in-game.
    Quick thing, the Tauren concept art, was a 3D model of Cairne Bloodhoof made by an ex-Blizzard employee for a charity event. So that's not how the new tauren are going to look.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Character models are not the new "unannounced feature", it's not a feature and its been discussed numerous times since before MoP released.