1. #1

    Thumbs up Requesting survey respondents for College Honors Thesis on MMORPG gamers and play!

    Do you like to play MMORPGs like: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Vindictus, Star Trek Online, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Aion, Rift, EVE Online, The Secret World, or Warhammer Online? If you are 18 or older, click on the link below to take a survey on your gaming, social relationships on and offline, and possible positive and negative health outcomes related to your MMORPG play. The survey should take about 10-20 minutes and utilizes question from prevalent scales used in MMORPG research."

    http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AQAINQD

    A couple of Disclaimers - Based on current feedback thus far.
    - The project is approved by the social and behavioral institutional review board of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
    - We are taking your e-mail to verify that this is the first time that you are taking the survey and it is not tied to your response.
    - Once the survey goes down all data is stripped from the website - you're perfectly safe.
    - If you've questions, comments, and concerns I am open ears to anything you've got to say.

    My contact information is in the survey, if you wish to get the results once publication is finished you can contact me at the end.
    Last edited by Io LoneWolf oI; 2013-02-06 at 10:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Io LoneWolf oI View Post
    Do you like to play MMORPGs like: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Vindictus, Star Trek Online, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Aion, Rift, EVE Online, The Secret World, or Warhammer Online? If you are 18 or older, click on the link below to take a survey on your gaming, social relationships on and offline, and possible positive and negative health outcomes related to your MMORPG play. The survey should take about 10-20 minutes and utilizes question from prevelan scales usedt MMORPG research."

    http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AQAINQD

    A couple of Disclaimers - Based on current feedback thus far.
    - The project is approved by the social and behavioral institutional review board of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
    - We are taking your e-mail to verify that this is the first time that you are taking the survey and it is not tied to your response.
    - Once the survey goes down all data is stripped from the website - you're perfectly safe.
    - If you've questions, comments, and concerns I am open ears to anything you've got to say.

    My contact information is in the survey, if you wish to get the results once publication is finished you can contact me at the end.
    I would be more than happy to take your survey, however I will not give my email address out and that appears to be required for your survey regardless of what looks to be a disclaimer. I'd suggest finding a site that doesnt require the survey takers to give up their email address. Just a suggestion and good luck!

  3. #3
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,330
    Eh. I did some of it but then it got annoying. You started switching up the questions and it was annoying to pick true or false.

    "You have a hard time trusting people"
    True

    "You have a hard time finding people to go to the movies with"
    Uhhhhhh. False

    Those weren't word for word quotes but. Well it's like, you should word the questions so that they're common. I trust no one x 20 for a whole page, but you worded it so that some of the questions would make that bold statement true and some questions would have to be answered as false. They should have all been designed so you answer either mostly true or mostly false.

    I probably don't make sense lol.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Eh. I did some of it but then it got annoying. You started switching up the questions and it was annoying to pick true or false.

    "You have a hard time trusting people"
    True

    "You have a hard time finding people to go to the movies with"
    Uhhhhhh. False

    Those weren't word for word quotes but. Well it's like, you should word the questions so that they're common. I trust no one x 20 for a whole page, but you worded it so that some of the questions would make that bold statement true and some questions would have to be answered as false. They should have all been designed so you answer either mostly true or mostly false.

    I probably don't make sense lol.
    Hey Blueobelisk,

    I hear what you are saying. However it is the nature of the scale which i didn't create. The reason why things go True-False is because some of those items get reverse scored on that scale. I understand that it can be a bit frustrating at times and I apologize for that. As I mentioned though I didn't make any of the scales being used in the survey and they are pulled from already validated measures. Hopefully that makes sense.

    I'd appreciate it if you finished the survey but if you do not I understand.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I would be more than happy to take your survey, however I will not give my email address out and that appears to be required for your survey regardless of what looks to be a disclaimer. I'd suggest finding a site that doesnt require the survey takers to give up their email address. Just a suggestion and good luck!
    Hello Philefluxx,

    I hear you on the e-mail qualm. A lot of people have had an issue with that aspect of the research. Surveyshare only uses it to assure the survey doesn't get spammed and to protect the individuals taking it. The responses are encrypted (meaning the e-mail too) since I changed it to https. I would appreciate it if you also took the survey. However, if you are not comfortable doing so then I understand.

    Thank you for your time.

    Best,
    Justin

  5. #5
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,311
    Well, I completed it, although it felt like a number of the questions were repeated or very similar... I hope it helps and that you publish your results here as well, pretty sure I can tell what links you're trying to make with those questions.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

  6. #6
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,330
    94) Eating in public places.

    Does that mean like a food court where everyone is eating, or is it like that I'm the only one eating in a hallway or class or something.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:12 PM ----------

    Lol I don't get some of these. Most of these things are unavoidable and you have to do them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well, I completed it, although it felt like a number of the questions were repeated or very similar... I hope it helps and that you publish your results here as well, pretty sure I can tell what links you're trying to make with those questions.
    Hello Shamanic,

    Thank you very much for taking time out to complete the survey! I really do appreciate your time and support - it means a great deal to me.

    You are correct some of the questions are very similar to each other. When that occurs it essentially means that those item sets are part of a sub-scale of a larger scale. That being said in order to measure a specific construct those questions need be similar. However that is just the nature of the validated scales I had to use for the study. I do appreciate you bearing through it! :]

    Also I appreciate the well wishes. As far as publishing the results go - if you could e-mail at [email protected] I can add you to the list of individuals that want the study once it is finished. Once it is published it'll just be easier to send out a .pdf through e-mail. The reason being it will take a couple of months and it won't be as relevant by than. So I'm trying to do it a little more personally and on a one-to-one basis for those truly interested.

    Thank you again!

    Best,
    Justin

  8. #8
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,486
    Closing this as you already have several of these threads open. Please see the thread in General Off-Topic, which will remain open. Thanks.

    - Tziva
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •