Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    loaded up youtube the other day and it personalized it for me. Turns out I love baby bulldogs and ELO. Thanks youtube.

Deleted
    thats one fancy looking dog wookeh! sad to hear he could no longer be a police dog

heres my pup on his first day home last year

and here he is about a month later, after flattening all the long wet grass in our garden

makes me sad looking at pictures of him, giving him up was the hardest thing i ever did

10+ Year Old Account
    dog lover reporting in. I've got a 2 year old beagle and a who knows how old chihuahua. The chihuahua was a stray we found. He seems youngish though but no idea really. I love my dogs ^_^

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    heh Peggle thanks for new wallpaper. My recent wallpaper is 3 baby golden labs all furry and stuff. This is a nice one to replace with

I just finished having a complete cuddle session with my golden retriever and my black lab. It's true, my dogs really are my best friends. Though they are both insanely jealous of the attention each other gets from me they are like sisters, my little babies! My golden is probably the most well behaved, loving creature I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. To imagine a dog or a creature or anything more perfect then she is very difficult with me. Litterally everyone who has ever met her has said the same thing. She's amazing.

My black lab is crazy, energetic but playful and loves to lay and cuddle. If it werent for my girls I wouldn't have made it through some dark times. Dogs are so wonderful. While we have out wow, and our video games and date nights and families they have only us--- and as such adore us

LOVE YOUR PUPPIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    heh Peggle thanks for new wallpaper. My recent wallpaper is 3 baby golden labs all furry and stuff. This is a nice one to replace with

the second one? it was just a point and click with a £15 camera, i was surprised it turned out so well. i got about 500 photots of him, but half of them are just of his nose because he loved to sniff the camera everytime i pulled it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the one with the stick in his/her mouth. Very sweet.

Deleted
    I'm using the one with the stick in his/her mouth. Very sweet.

him by the way :P
    that was his first day home, he was so tiny

heres one of him just chilling in the sun

http://i.imgur.com/9FofJ.jpg

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:29 PM ----------

i actually have a better picture of him with the same stick, but havnt got it on the pc :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    him by the way :P
    that was his first day home, he was so tiny

heres one of him just chilling in the sun

http://i.imgur.com/9FofJ.jpg

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:29 PM ----------

i actually have a better picture of him with the same stick, but havnt got it on the pc :>

Oh geeze..the girls are gonna love that one. Thanks dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Name one other person in your life that will be ecstatic the second you walk through the door every time, leaping around, bringing a smile to your face?
    Indeed...

Dogs are nice; I like being around them, and I like my friends' dogs a lot. But... let's face it - they're not cats. :3
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Then those are not the ones you go to. Yes, I prefer to get a shelter dog, but they always force you to alter your dogs before you can take them home. And quite honestly, I do not like doing that to my dogs. And DO NOT EVEN start the shit that always gets thrown around about that. Yes, they make you do that to curb irresponsible people, but I have 3 intact females, and none have had puppies. Because I am a responsible dog "owner" (still hate that phrase) and don't let my dogs wander to get pregnant from strays or someone else's dog. It's why I don't have any male dogs because I don't want any puppies. And what you described is someone who runs a puppy mill.
    As a former vet tech, I can state that there are some health reasons as to why you would want to spay a female dog. It knocks the chance of mammary cancer way down. Also, pyometras are pretty fucking horrifying and, if your dog gets one, you essentially have to spay it but now it's an older dog who may take longer to recover/have complications. I will e-high five you for making sure they don't get pregnant though. Waaaay to many people let their dogs breed and then have no fucking clue what to do when they suddenly have puppies to take care of.

ANYWAYS. Bit more on topic. I love me some doggies. Goldens are my absolute favorite but I have a soft spot for akitas. Shame that they are on the "bite risk" list though because they are such babies as long as you properly train them. Wish I had time for a dog these days though, I'm just away from home a good 14 hours a day =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Indeed...

Dogs are nice; I like being around them, and I like my friends' dogs a lot. But... let's face it - they're not cats. :3

no, my dog never looked like it was planning to kill me

i like both cats and dogs, but i just prefer dogs. i cant really take a cat to the beach with me, or on a long walk :P

10+ Year Old Account
    no, my dog never looked like it was planning to kill me

i like both cats and dogs, but i just prefer dogs. i cant really take a cat to the beach with me, or on a long walk :P
    Yeah kinda hard to pick up chicks with a cat on a leash.

Deleted

cant be that hard

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    cant be that hard

Lol, girlfriend's cat does the same thing if you put a harness on her. I dunno, maybe they like being dragged?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Lol, girlfriend's cat does the same thing if you put a harness on her. I dunno, maybe they like being dragged?

lol, i heard most cats do it when on a lead. just looks so funny, its like they have totally given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    my bigger cat doesnt like to move, and we have a linoleum floor. i can use him like a swiffer sweeper, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I totally gotta tell my buddies that one

cant be that hard

Roflmao

I've had 3 dogs in my adult life, all of them from one rescue organization or another. I love my dogs very much and while I wouldn't trade them for the world rescue dogs normally come with some pretty serious trauma. My oldest dog was left alone in barn for somewhere around a month with 5 other dogs. When I got him he had a bad case of Mange and some fairly serious staph infections. He was the small dog in that litter so he didn't get as much food as the rest, as a result now he is extremely protective of his food. He's a very lovable dog but he will snap at any other dog that comes close to his food.

Anyway, while I do think that it's great to get shelter and rescue dogs my next dog will be a purebred Australian Shepherd.