Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Dogs are amazing. You can snuggle with them and there's no awkwardness because they aren't guys, and there's no sexual undertones because they aren't girls. I miss having a dog. I really, really miss having a dog.
    Can't you get a new dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I love my babies!!

Godiva is the sesame shiba inu attacking me, and Bailey is the black & tan shiba inu that is huddled by the chair
    Awesome dogs
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The dog in my avatar is mine. Another one of her:

I've been thinking about getting another, but it's kind of a hassle at the moment. The local shelter and ASPCA sites aren't updated properly. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So every parent that doesn't adopt and has their own kid is a cruel person? There's limits to everyone's charity and just because I went out and treated myself to a couple beers and some chicken tenders at a nearby bar doesn't mean I'm being cruel because I didn't donate the money to starving kids in Africa and eat ramen instead. I bought my GS from a breeder because I wanted to raise my own from a pup and I couldn't find one in a shelter nearby me at the time. Not to mention the breeder I got my dog from my aunt knew very well and every single one of her shepherds were healthy and good tempered. You adopted a dog, I donate my time. So while you pop in once every 10 years to get a new dog I'll be there helping take care of em while they wait. Shelter dogs are a risk sometimes and I don't blame people at all for not wanting to take it both in time and money and temperament. While I'm glad your dog worked out for you I've had more than one dog adopted by people I knew that had to be taken back because of aggression issues.

Adopting from a shelter is a great thing, don't taint it by acting like the hybrid drivers from the smug episode of south park.
    Adopting a child is 100% different...

Children are not put down to make room for new arrivals.

Deleted
    mee to i also love dogs.

Deleted
    thread must continue!!

here he is playing (his) mesmer in GW2
    i came back from the bathroom and found him like this

being told its my go again on GW2

came home one night late after work and found him like this. in his mouth is this purple sponge thing, he wouldn't fall asleep for a few weeks unless he was sucking on it. really weird, as soon as you gave it to him he would suck it and fall asleep. really sucking it, as if he was eating a lolly or something.

Got him from the humane society. You can be on a waiting list if you want a specific breed of dog, and we were on one for a Schnauzer (because we'd had one before and he was a good dog). They called to say they had one, and when we got there, turned out that was a mistake, he was actually a Scottie. We were just about to leave, but then he gave us his best sad-eyed "you can't say no to this" face, and he ended up going home with us anyway.

Turned out to be a good choice. He's about 10 years old now, pretty much owns the place, and is a member of the family. Even at his age, he still has enough energy to act like a puppy.

And one more:

He actually likes to sleep on his back a lot. I haven't seen a lot of other dogs do that. He'll get on the couch, find himself a comfortable spot, and just lean back and fall asleep. I used to let him sleep on the bed every once in a while, but he likes to just plop down directly on the center of the bed and will NOT let you move, so I had to put a stop to that. He has one of those little doggie beds now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-14 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    As long as there is a profit in breeding animals and selling them the breeders won't stop. The best way to stop them is to drive them out of business.
    I like to see my dogs bloodline and know what I am buying sorry.
    Rescuing dogs is nice but I want to raise a dog from a puppy not inherit someone elses bad training problems.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Rescuing dogs is nice but I want to raise a dog from a puppy not inherit someone elses bad training problems.
    That was my dog, omg...Even though he was still a puppy, it just took him longer to learn because I think nobody ever gave him any attention before.

Got him from a shelter when he was about 4-5 months old. He wasn't potty trained and had absolutely 0 obedience, he didn't know the word 'no'. On top of that he was teething, so he was a fuckin monster. Just by coincidence I quit my job a week or 2 after I got my dog and didn't work for nearly a year, so I had some free time to spend with him.

I wouldn't have done it any other way though. I was even one of those people that went to the shelter on a whim and got a dog. I thought about it for a couple weeks with my GF and then woke up one day and got the only dog I liked at the shelter. He's turned out to pretty much be my best friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a moodle. Cross between a toy poodle and a maltese. He's very tiny. I might take pictures later but he looks kind of like Erios puppy except fully white.

He's so small that sometimes we stand on his feet by accident when he runs around us while we're walking, and as a result he now yelps whenever our feet touch his feet (regardless of if we stood on his foot or just tapped it lightly) but then he just goes back to doing whatever he's doing. Funnily enough the only time he yelps is then, I mean he can run head first into the coffee table and it's like nothing happened xD

My dog Bella who i rescued from a shelter right before they were gonna out her down to make room for some new dogs. She is very lovable and easily gets jealous when i pay attention to one of the cats instead of her :P

Yep

Our dog of about 13 years was put down on Friday. She was a sweetie, in her old home she was being trained to be a cop dog, and that family had a German Shepard who beat her up all the time, so when we adopted her from then, she had scars all over her. When she came home with us, she was hyper as fuck, she ran all over the house and right into our backyard and jumped right into our in ground pool. She was a chocolate lab, so it made sense that she loved to swim, we had to fight her to keep her inside the house when we would try to go in the backyard. It was weird because, she was a female, and she would always try to hump you, even in her old age when her joints were so bad to the point where she couldn't hump, it fucking hurt too because she would dig her nails into you while doing it, when you'd escape she would get stuck in a humping position and would hump the air.

RIP Brandie, you were a very sweet and motherly dog. ;_;

I took my dog Bella to the vet since she has been having issues peeing turns out she has a bladder stone D= I gotta take her back next Thursday to have it removed. I feel so sorry for her.
    Yep

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to share a recent story of mine about meh dogs, which I posted on Facebook \o/

Tales of Dogwalking, Vol 1: Two Dogs, One Bag

Here I am with one bag, two dogs that decide that they both have to go. I carry a poo-covered bag (since it only fits one at a time) in my hand into the front door, figuring I can grab a free bag from the door, put this bag in it, and toss it out. I walk in with two dogs, grab the free bag, and step back out to find I only have one dog with me.

I take off running up the stairs (we live on the fourth floor) holding a pile of dog crap in my hand, yelling for Bailey (the missing dog) to find him calmly sitting at the 4th floor door, waiting for me. After a reunion I've got my dog poo packed up and tossed out.
    Moral of story: your dog is smarter than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Our dog of about 13 years was put down on Friday. She was a sweetie, in her old home she was being trained to be a cop dog, and that family had a German Shepard who beat her up all the time, so when we adopted her from then, she had scars all over her. When she came home with us, she was hyper as fuck, she ran all over the house and right into our backyard and jumped right into our in ground pool. She was a chocolate lab, so it made sense that she loved to swim, we had to fight her to keep her inside the house when we would try to go in the backyard. It was weird because, she was a female, and she would always try to hump you, even in her old age when her joints were so bad to the point where she couldn't hump, it fucking hurt too because she would dig her nails into you while doing it, when you'd escape she would get stuck in a humping position and would hump the air.

RIP Brandie, you were a very sweet and motherly dog. ;_;
    I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Tokkra View Post
    I took my dog Bella to the vet since she has been having issues peeing turns out she has a bladder stone D= I gotta take her back next Thursday to have it removed. I feel so sorry for her.
    At least she'll be okay!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-21 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are going to have our dogs paw prints along with his favorite toy put in a frame or something like that. along with a picture of him.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post

hi
    OH MY GOD! Are literally the words i spoke upon seeing this..Followed by the thoughs he has got to be one of if not the most ADORABLE things i have EVER seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm sorry
    Thanks. It's been about a week now, it's hard to adjust to not being greeted by her when we come home, but we're slowly starting to.

Bella hasn't done anything note worthy yet. so here is a picture of a sleepy puppy i found on imgur

Yep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    OH MY GOD! Are literally the words i spoke upon seeing this..Followed by the thoughs he has got to be one of if not the most ADORABLE things i have EVER seen.
    He is really sweet, but he might hurt you with his nails. I will have to trim them later this evening. :\

meanwhile, here's another pic of him sleeping. I don't know, but he generally prefers to sleep on that fur instead of his bed.