Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire dooffie66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark - in my chair
    Posts
    429

    Holy paladins. Would you bring one?

    I just started leveling my paladin again, with the intent on going Holy. Is holy still good enough, for you to bring 1 if you had to pick among the 4 that are? I am generally thinking of a 10 man enviroment.
    Hexaflexagons
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Yeah...they're amazing.

  4. #4
    Holy pala is without doubt the best healer you can bring, only beaten by disc priests on fights where you can cheese stuff with spirit shell or atonement. This is from 10m perspective.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,811
    I like healing with my holy paladin buddy. A holy paladin is almost mandatory to have on your 10-man roster. They're just that good

  6. #6
    This makes me want to level my Holy Pally (my main in WotLK/Cata) instead of the Blood/Frost DK I was planning on using.

  7. #7
    Hpala/disc is by far the best healing setup for 10 man atm, and the best healing setup next patch will almost surely include a hpala as well (I imagine that mw or druid will be the other).

  8. #8
    Extremely biased opinion since I main a holy paladin, but yes. I heal with a resto shammy most of the time, and a disc priest on 3 heal fights. I'm usually able to top healing meter on all but a couple fights *cough* spirit shell *cough*.

    That said, unless you're pushing deep into heroic progression, you can easily do 16/16 normal with any reasonable healing comp, and even in heroics you can make most healing comps work with some effort.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Holy pala is without doubt the best healer you can bring, only beaten by disc priests on fights where you can cheese stuff with spirit shell or atonement. This is from 10m perspective.
    Always beaten by disc priests no matter what in any 10man situation.

  10. #10
    Absolutely. Without a doubt the best healing combo (For 10m, heroic, 2 healed fights) is going to be a holy paladin / disc priest. GL

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Always beaten by disc priests no matter what in any 10man situation.
    Not really true; hpaladins have much stronger sponteneous on-demand healing than priests do, their healing requiring essentially no set-up time whatsoever, and they aren't inhibited by the need to stand still and cast slow prayers of healing when they want to do a lot of HPS. They also have the hands, and bubble, which are extremely strong utility on many fights, even if any spec brings that.

    Count a disc priest's DPS in with their HPS, and I guess you're right, though. No way a hpala can compare then. They also have nothing that can match DA/SS blanketing, which makes many fights a joke currently... but there's always tsulong!

    Well... at least if the 5.2 nerfs hit hard enough then hpaladins will be kings!

    Anyway, disc+hpala is easily the best healer combo right now (barring maybe some weirdness like disc+disc, but then you'd have to give up all that healer plate, which is also a concern worth noting, I feel), and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. Even getting tiny buffs in 5.2. There's no reason not to bring a hpala, unless you already have one.
    Dr Johnson, they said: “we are delighted to find that you’ve not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary.”
    “Ladies, said dr Johnson, “I can congratulate you on being able to look them up.”

  12. #12
    I love playing my Holy Pally - actually it is the only character I do play now. I use him for PVE and PVP and both I do really good on with my healing meters.


    WOW Armory Link

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Extremely biased opinion since I main a holy paladin, but yes. I heal with a resto shammy most of the time, and a disc priest on 3 heal fights. I'm usually able to top healing meter on all but a couple fights *cough* spirit shell *cough*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I love playing my Holy Pally - actually it is the only character I do play now. I use him for PVE and PVP and both I do really good on with my healing meters.
    You're not supposed to top healing meters as a holy paladin, if you are it's either because the other healers in your team are taking on the wrong role or are simply playing poorly. Other reason is if you're taking on the wrong role and blanketing the raid in EF's with the intention to "top healing meters". Holy paladins are about utility and their strength is in things like beacon, double hands, etc. A paladin who is topping meters on a lot of fights should be more concerned than anything. Then again, i think that HPS is the most uninteresting thing ever personally. Whatever keeps the raid alive.

  14. #14
    oh yeah !

    pala + priest = win

    would allways run this setup if i could ;D


    but atm we are doing


    pala + shaman , its good too ^^

    But for progress on HC encounters.. pala + priest is just the lamest setup IN MY opignon ;D

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Yzyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    You're not supposed to top healing meters as a holy paladin, if you are it's either because the other healers in your team are taking on the wrong role or are simply playing poorly. Other reason is if you're taking on the wrong role and blanketing the raid in EF's with the intention to "top healing meters". Holy paladins are about utility and their strength is in things like beacon, double hands, etc. A paladin who is topping meters on a lot of fights should be more concerned than anything. Then again, i think that HPS is the most uninteresting thing ever personally. Whatever keeps the raid alive.
    What are you talking about? EF blanketing utilizes beacon more then any spell in our arsenal. If you are about to get out 5+ EFs out on the raid, not only are you creating mastery bubbles and hots, you also funnel in a ton of healing to your beacon. Half the time, you can literally heal raid and forget the tank due to funneling and spot healing. Double Hands go alongside EF blanketing considering they are in 2 different tiers so I don't know what your point is there. Right now, Disc and Holy Pallys top meters by far. If you aren't bringing out the full potential of your character simply because you don't like the style of play, then tough luck. If I was your raid leader, I would be concerned that you werent close to topping..

    Amazing sig compliments of Mountandpetlover!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    You're not supposed to top healing meters as a holy paladin, if you are it's either because the other healers in your team are taking on the wrong role or are simply playing poorly. Other reason is if you're taking on the wrong role and blanketing the raid in EF's with the intention to "top healing meters". Holy paladins are about utility and their strength is in things like beacon, double hands, etc. A paladin who is topping meters on a lot of fights should be more concerned than anything. Then again, i think that HPS is the most uninteresting thing ever personally. Whatever keeps the raid alive.
    Now I'm not a 10 man player, I do 25 mans, but... what?

    If you're a good healer you're going to top the meters. With EF or not. Depending on the fight or situation using EF effectively or "blanketing" is a strength and the most effective healing you can do.

    worldoflogs com/reports/rt-y8kawyi58kqry6il/sum/healingDone/?s=4502&e=4954 that's the only 10 man I ever did (full heroic MSV) if you want to look at Paladin healing.
    Last edited by Tagzz; 2013-02-06 at 05:48 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    You're not supposed to top healing meters as a holy paladin, if you are it's either because the other healers in your team are taking on the wrong role or are simply playing poorly. Other reason is if you're taking on the wrong role and blanketing the raid in EF's with the intention to "top healing meters". Holy paladins are about utility and their strength is in things like beacon, double hands, etc. A paladin who is topping meters on a lot of fights should be more concerned than anything. Then again, i think that HPS is the most uninteresting thing ever personally. Whatever keeps the raid alive.
    I have been on a ton of raids with my pally and also into a lot of PVE as well and pretty much all the time I am top of heals. I find it hard to believe that how many times I been raiding or in PVE that there are that many bad healers out there? Not to brag, but I have been healing for a long time with my pally so I know what I am doing when it comes to healing. I was in several BG"s yesterday and 9/10 times I am top of heals. The only one that topped me in one BG's was a Druid, but I can in very close to the druid. Even when I looked at the Alliance stats for healing I surpassed most of them as well.


    WOW Armory Link

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    You're not supposed to top healing meters as a holy paladin, if you are it's either because the other healers in your team are taking on the wrong role or are simply playing poorly. Other reason is if you're taking on the wrong role and blanketing the raid in EF's with the intention to "top healing meters". Holy paladins are about utility and their strength is in things like beacon, double hands, etc. A paladin who is topping meters on a lot of fights should be more concerned than anything. Then again, i think that HPS is the most uninteresting thing ever personally. Whatever keeps the raid alive.
    So you're saying that its ok to not perform well because we're not supposed to? That sounds kind of pathetic and lazy to me. If you aren't trying to perform to the best of your ability then I really don't know why a raid group would bother keeping you around anyway. Yzyz said it perfectly. If you are deliberately putting out less healing because you've stubornly decided to not play the most powerful playstyle, whatever it may be, then you have no business in a raid group.

    On a more serious note, no HPS is not the best way to measure healer performance, but it is still a relevant metric if you interpret the numbers correctly. Once you can get through fights without any deaths, you're left with no real metric of whether you're performing at your best or not. I don't see why I wouldn't still try to top meters at that point, considering that as long as I know everyone's going to live, I might as well try to play better.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    So you're saying that its ok to not perform well because we're not supposed to? That sounds kind of pathetic and lazy to me. If you aren't trying to perform to the best of your ability then I really don't know why a raid group would bother keeping you around anyway. Yzyz said it perfectly. If you are deliberately putting out less healing because you've stubornly decided to not play the most powerful playstyle, whatever it may be, then you have no business in a raid group.

    On a more serious note, no HPS is not the best way to measure healer performance, but it is still a relevant metric if you interpret the numbers correctly. Once you can get through fights without any deaths, you're left with no real metric of whether you're performing at your best or not. I don't see why I wouldn't still try to top meters at that point, considering that as long as I know everyone's going to live, I might as well try to play better.
    For me having up a meter helps me with what I need to improve on or what else I can do differently.


    WOW Armory Link

  20. #20
    They might not top the meters, but bear in mind all the utility they bring into a single 10man fight: devotion aura, hop, sacrifice + best tools to keep a tank alive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •