Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    It's not skills knowing "Oh, should I pull the mummy with a huge-ass AoE stun into my team, or should try to pull the ad carry with litttle-to-no health instead?

    And if not, said person will fail at any and every other champion.

    Yes, shit happens, but it's the potential of the grip that's ridiculous. And, as I said; dodge 99.9% of the grabs, get grabbed once and GG. You can not expect someone to dodge 100% of anything; to play completely flawless, that is just silly. Yes, mistakes should be punished, no doubt. But the only counter-play to Blitz is playing defensively, which is just sad and promotes for really, really boring game-play(my opinion, obviously). And no, I'm not talking EG-defensive, I'm talking hide behind everything possible as squishies-defensive.

    @Dark Brown Eye: Biased much because you play Blitz? Gosh. Anyways, one word for you: Vision. Most important thing in the game. Blitz get's an oracles and clears out the wards, it's not too difficult to get a good grip on someone when you're in the fog of war, or even behind a wall.

    Blitz excells in mid/late-game where teams roam and fight for vision, where small skirmishes take place. And late-game and single grip will result in either a baron or a ton of turrets.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Olaf's ability to 1vX people despite not having done too well in lane or even downright feeding can get on my nerves quite often. If he's any good you cannot kite him, you can't build safely against him and poking him down only sets you up for your inevitable frenzied doom :P

    I wouldn't call him overpowered, but I would place him somewhere way above good. He's the first that comes to mind with this question.
    ^This. Sickens me to no end that i destroy him in lane (k/d and CS) but later in teamfights he comes back with only hp items and destroys....
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    What do you mean, "in Rift it's not that hot"? Kha'Zix is banned at least 50% of the time in ranked, maybe even more. He's crazy.
    Addition of AP/Armor, generally easier to negate increased Q damage and really ability to exploit his pre 6 and pre 11 weakness. IDK seems that they need to at least know what they are doing or something, and don't win just with picking it up.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    @Dark Brown Eye: Biased much because you play Blitz? Gosh. Anyways, one word for you: Vision. Most important thing in the game. Blitz get's an oracles and clears out the wards, it's not too difficult to get a good grip on someone when you're in the fog of war, or even behind a wall.
    I'll just use this quote as part of my argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    About Blitzcrank grabs... They can actually completely mess up a team fight if you pull the tank, just played a game as Olaf and the Blitzcrank thought he could pull me at low health and get me and I was hoping he would. Needless to say he pulled me, I pressed e and he died after an auto attack after that. Blitzcrank actually requires a lot of skill in the end game team fight situations. He can literally make a team fight trivial to hard depending on who pulls. If he gets the carry, which is highly unlikely considering that late in the game most will just hide behind their team, then the team is pretty much won unless your team isn't the smartest group of people.
    So you see your wards going down... does this mean its time for you to go face checking to find them?

    I certainly hope not.

    It sounds to me like when the enemy team goes missing, you go looking for them... really bad idea don't you think?

    I'm only biased because I like to play him. I hate that he always gets banned, and IMO its not because hes OP necessarily its because people are afraid of him because they don't know how to play against him. Get him to miss his pull... and you've got quite a while to make a move. Its a pretty long CD.
    Last edited by Bilbo Baggins; 2013-02-07 at 05:10 PM.

  5. #45
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,444
    I know how to play against him. I just don't -want- to play against him. There's a difference there.

  6. #46
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    You got me facechecking brushes that aren't warded off of that? Golly mate.

    You said it yourself; you're biased because you like playing him. Come back when you can look at it objectively. I see his pro's and con's, and by the by, just because he misses a grab does not mean you should make a play. He's still got his knock-up and AoE silence.

    He's easy to play against, that's not it. You simply cannot expect anyone to play 100% flawlessly all of the time in order to dodge the grabs. A single ability shouldn't be this gamechanging. Players should be punished for a mistake, but giving out such an advantage just by hitting a skillshot (that's not even that hard to hit, to be completely honest) is nothing short of a joke.

    And Duronos' statement is based off of players being absolutely dreadful and having no knowledge of the game; can we not do that?

    He promotes a boring play-style simply by being there (like Karthus). No matter how far behind he get's, he'll always be just as useful; which is a very, very strong attribute to have.

  7. #47
    You can punish his misses, but that's just it. Tanks with easy initiates are most frequent pick/ban targets anyway, however in this case the level of easy is kinda ridiculous. There's a condition that your spell has to connect, but that's just it, if it fails it'll be up again. Now when most tanks are banned, leaving this open creates a whole lot more troubles than it would if more tanks were open.

    But anyway, the silly part is that even though all the engage tanks work behind, this one works as support and his engage is actually very safe ( you might grab something that can screw you over, but it's still much safer than having anyone going in ).
    There's nothing they can do about it unless they revert the direction (making him go to location instead) and that'd be kinda silly. The whole play vs tanks is however pretty boring, and this is just extreme level of it.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    You got me facechecking brushes that aren't warded off of that? Golly mate.

    You said it yourself; you're biased because you like playing him. Come back when you can look at it objectively. I see his pro's and con's, and by the by, just because he misses a grab does not mean you should make a play. He's still got his knock-up and AoE silence.

    He's easy to play against, that's not it. You simply cannot expect anyone to play 100% flawlessly all of the time in order to dodge the grabs. A single ability shouldn't be this gamechanging. Players should be punished for a mistake, but giving out such an advantage just by hitting a skillshot (that's not even that hard to hit, to be completely honest) is nothing short of a joke.

    And Duronos' statement is based off of players being absolutely dreadful and having no knowledge of the game; can we not do that?

    He promotes a boring play-style simply by being there (like Karthus). No matter how far behind he get's, he'll always be just as useful; which is a very, very strong attribute to have.
    You have VERY good points... and I can't say I disagree with anything you've just said.

    However, given the fact that are equal complaints (more actually in this particular thread)(I understand this is a very small selection compared to the whole community) about xin, olaf, and kha'zix... why is he not banned and blitz is?

    I guess im just questioning the whole mentality of "I ban these 3 champs, XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ" just because everyone else does, and not because you feel they are either OP or you just don't like playing against them?

    Take Darius for example... I think he's only been mentioned once in this thread, yet he is banned all the time, and I never see Xin, Olaf, and Khazix banned.

  9. #49
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Red Buff
    Posts
    2,015
    I've seen Darius banned once. Once. He's not ban-worthy. Blitzcrank is.

    Xin is problaly banned in high-elos along with Vi (I think).

    But, as I said, it's all because of the fact that if he gets lucky just ONCE he can turn the entire game into his teams favour. Which is disgusting.

  10. #50
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,444
    You ban champions not because they're blatantly overpowered. (Barring some exceptions)

    You ban champions because you don't want to deal with that shit in game. Blitzcrank and Shaco are prime examples of this.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You ban champions not because they're blatantly overpowered. (Barring some exceptions)

    You ban champions because you don't want to deal with that shit in game. Blitzcrank and Shaco are prime examples of this.
    I agree with this, but like I said the majority of the people I play with don't play that way. The bans I see most often are Shen, Malph, Blitz, Amumu, Darius... and then fill in the last 2 with what annoys people the most... its usually a toss up between Shaco, Eve, Kass

    Stray from that even just a bit, and people flip a bitch.
    Last edited by Bilbo Baggins; 2013-02-07 at 06:50 PM.

  12. #52
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,444
    Shen isn't overly strong. You just don't want to deal with someone teleporting in and taunting you in what's suddenly a 3v2 while he was off splitpushing the entire day.

    Blitz/Shaco/Eve, see above.

    Amumu: You don't want to risk it. Amumu is ridiculously easy to jungle and if he lands a good bandage toss into ult, it's over. Again, something you just don't want to deal with.

    Darius is a lanebully vs some champs and if you want to play them... out goes Darius. Alternatively, you can just pick Elise or Kayle.

    Leaves Malph, who's largely with Amumu.

  13. #53
    Shen is the best split-pusher in game, period. Your whole team goes bot or top and you go to the opposite lane with your ulti ready. Once you have sunfire / wit's end its game on.

    He's either banned or first picked across all ELO levels and tournament play.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  14. #54
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,444
    I consider Nidalee stronger. Doesn't matter much, fact remains that that's the sort of stuff you just rather don't want to deal with.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Shen is the best split-pusher in game, period. Your whole team goes bot or top and you go to the opposite lane with your ulti ready. Once you have sunfire / wit's end its game on.

    He's either banned or first picked across all ELO levels and tournament play.
    Or you do what CSG (?) do, bait enemy into picking Shen, and then 4man mid while Shen cant do shit.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  16. #56
    I don't find champions OP now that i've really thought over it. I might rage and says X champ is OP, but really, they're just strong in best case. Xin is just a really strong ganker if he jungles. Shen has an annoying ult. Karthus R to win. Kha W damage and jumping. Darius ult. There's a lot here which may be considered OP, but in the end it all comes down to the independent player. If a player is good with X champion, then that X champion can be much better then Y champion.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,767
    Any well played bruiser really. I mostly play squishy support/ap so yeah, bruisers.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Or you do what CSG (?) do, bait enemy into picking Shen, and then 4man mid while Shen cant do shit.
    I don't see how that is relevant to standard soloQ.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I don't see how that is relevant to standard soloQ.
    So when you say "High ELO/tournaments" and I point out that he isnt and countered, this was your comeback? Welp, I guess I shouldnt try to stay on-topic!
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2013-02-08 at 08:16 PM.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  20. #60
    Most unbalanced? Poppy.
    Most rigged to win? Probably Diana.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •