Shroud breaks my stealth (worgen)

I've picked up doing some arena again with my spriest buddy. I've done arena before and I never had this issue.

As a worgen, when you enter the game, you'll be in human form. This has never been an issue before, I just let that be - you'll go in worgen form the moment you enter combat. However, after much testing (is it my sap macro? is it dark flight? etc...) this seems to be directly related to my shroud issue: whenever I use shroud of concealment in human form, and it wears off, my stealth will almost always, if not always break.

So today I've just popped worgen form before anything when entering arena, and it has seemed to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have googled, I've also filed a bug report, but I seem to be "the only one", so maybe it's something unrelated to worgen form after all (hopefully, because it sucks when I forget to press Two Forms before the match starts).

Edit: I've not tried to reproduce the problem outside of arena yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're specced Subterfuge, it's *likely* this is related to the whole bed of Subterfuge-breaking-stealth bugs previously. If it won't hurt your rating to try it, spec out of Subterfuge and try to reproduce the issue. Either way a bug report is in order, but knowing whether is Subterfuge related or CoS+Worgen related could be important.

Can you reproduce this outside of arena as well?

Worgen, while an entirely reasonable race choice, it but one of many. A decent number of pvp rogues on ally are human for the racial, and of course humans and night elves are always popular for aesthetic reasons as well. What I'm saying is, there's probably like five worgen rogues that will read this for every 30 rogues total!

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try without fuge and outside of arena.

I have subterfuge specced, I'll give it a shot without it when we do arena again and report later. I have been broken out of stealth randomly before, which I assumed was because of the subterfuge issue, but it's never had a pattern or has been as reproducable as this with shroud. I'm trying to reproduce outside the arena but the cooldown is rather rough on me. So far I have no success reproducing, I'll report back.

And Verain, thanks for your diplomatic choice of words. I realize not many rogues are worgen, god knows why I'm one.

Edit: I made it happen outside arena, but I can't reproduce reliably. Maybe it's just the subterfuge issue after all. =-=

Edit 2: It seems combat breaks me out of stealth with subterfuge - i was fine if I specced anything else and my monk friend kept me in combat by spamming Dizzying Haze on me. Stealth would not break. However, with Subterfuge specced, it breaks guaranteed. Shroud seems to have little to do with anything at this point. Testing more.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-02-06 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subterfuge bug, WE MEET AGAAAIN.

That really bites though. Assuming that's the root issue, send in a bug report with as many details as possible, especially which situations do and don't knock you out of stealth, and then sob into your keyboard every time you get de-stealthed... or learn to pvp without subterfuge and then sob into your keyboard anyway.

Possible check: if your ally covered by shroud enters combat, subterfuge breaks stealth. Unlikely but possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Can you reproduce this outside of arena as well?

Worgen, while an entirely reasonable race choice, it but one of many. A decent number of pvp rogues on ally are human for the racial, and of course humans and night elves are always popular for aesthetic reasons as well. What I'm saying is, there's probably like five worgen rogues that will read this for every 30 rogues total!
    Worgens represent

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely enough, I've seen this happen quite a bit in the last few days of playing my rogue, specced Shadow Focus though as a Blood Elf.

It seems some events will break you out of stealth, eg. The scout in mogu'shan palace dungeon puts you in combat and pops you out of stealth, pulling whatshisfacereplacementofmograine at the end of scarlet monastery also randomly pops me out even if I'm way out of melee range.

Also noted on the PTR on my rogue that I switched to human, crossing the border between elwynn forest and stormwind would cancel stealth.

It's starting to get pretty annoying tbh, came here to see if anyone had the same problems.

Edit: phone hates paragraphs
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-02-10 at 04:47 PM.

Pets via pet battles that auto summon when you dismount into steath will unsteath out too. it's really annoying