Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because we dont live in the world of fairies and pixie dust. Get it out of your head that WoW is the end all, god of mmos. Its old, and the devs really screwed up on this expansion, in so many ways I wont even list them.[COLOR="red"]
    But you already did .. on those countless "subtle" flaming threads you have created.
    You have a reputation you know?
    by Aurust :
    Although i havent played it, there is I believe enough info to form a valid opinion.
    To give my opinion on the new WOW xpac..... Ive played enough wow to know MOP is a complete disaster..... I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It doesn't matter, because whatever happens, these will be the three responses we'll see:

    Drop in Subscriptions: "I told you WoW is dying, this heap of shit sucks!"

    Subscriptions remain steady: "I told you WoW is dying, no-one new joined and I know at least 10,000 people who plan to quit tomorrow"

    Increase in subscriptions: "I told you WoW is dying! It is just filled with 10 year old kiddies due to Pandas!"
    Definitely true, but that also goes both ways. Even if 4 million subs left (hyperbole) the response from the other side would be:

    "LOL! WoW's not dying. It lost that many subs and is still the largest mmo."

    Regardless of the results tomorrow, WoW isn't going anywhere for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because we dont live in the world of fairies and pixie dust. Get it out of your head that WoW is the end all, god of mmos. Its old, and the devs really screwed up on this expansion, in so many ways I wont even list them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:28 PM ----------



    This^ I agree with everything you said here.
    Ofcourse you do Jaylock, ofcourse you do, wouldnt expect less of you

    Also is pretty fucking riduculous how much people here care about sub numbers, its actually pretty stupid. This goes for both people who like the game, and jaded haters. Its like people here lose sleep over it, rofl.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-06 at 04:35 PM.

  4. #44
    My guess, about 8 million.

    Annual Pass is up, players as a whole don't seem to like the idea of "forced" content, and the game really doesn't have the power to attract new players because the focus is on the end game only, therefore making WoW a $100+ investment right from the get go.

  5. #45
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Pre mop number 9.1 million but I am sure blizzard will say over 9 million

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I really think it's annoying when fanboys jump all over you when you say something like WoW will probably lose subs like you are attacking them personally. The game is going to be 9 years old this year, and yes it's still a juggernaut even at 5 million subs. You can't get offended when someone thinks WoW is losing subs. It's just going to happen eventually. I personally, as a WoW player, think it will be at 8 million. It's still a respectable number, but there's too many good F2P MMOs emerging and I honestly feel a lot of people were turned off by how central a role dailies play into the end game.


    Agreed. I really never understood people like that.

  6. #46
    While there is still a fair amount of QQ regarding dailies etc. I think this expansion was by far a huge success. I'm having a ton of fun and I think a lot of people are as well. This is far and wide 10x better than the trainwreck we had in cataclysm. My projection is 10.2-10.4 million players.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,299
    Not only is this thread, like most of these, ranging wildly in topic, but we have an open thread already discussing predictions for the call about the Q4 results here:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onference-Call

  8. #48
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I really think it's annoying when fanboys jump all over you when you say something like WoW will probably lose subs like you are attacking them personally.
    Just as an example: "I really think it's annoying when haters jump all over you when you say something positive about WoW."

    What's annoying to me personally is that people can't have a simple disagreement about something without making it personal and resorting to insults.

    Let's not pretend that in this case both sides do it. And let's avoid it in the more-or-less official thread on this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-06 at 05:05 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •