Destro lock haste

I have been playing destro lock for a while now and I would like to know how much haste are you guys running with? I personally run with 4250 haste since I am a goblin and would switch to affliction in certain fights.

Still in my early stages of mastering destruction, but 2030ish haste works fine for me. I'm above the only cap then, and with high enough mastery I'm competitive against the rest of my raid team.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Still in my early stages of mastering destruction, but 2030ish haste works fine for me. I'm above the only cap then, and with high enough mastery I'm competitive against the rest of my raid team.
    There is two different stat priorities for Destro depending on talents. If you spec sac you want to dump absolutely everything into mastery after getting hit cap. (Hit > Mastery > Crit > Haste)

If you spec Sup/Serv, you go the complete opposite and stack haste. (Hit > Haste > Crit > mastery).

You want to spec sac if you will be cleaving at all. If it's a pure single target fight it's pretty much personal preference on Sup/Observer, Serv/Felhunter, or Sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There is two different stat priorities for Destro depending on talents. If you spec sac you want to dump absolutely everything into mastery after getting hit cap. (Hit > Mastery > Crit > Haste)

If you spec Sup/Serv, you go the complete opposite and stack haste. (Hit > Haste > Crit > mastery).

You want to spec sac if you will be cleaving at all. If it's a pure single target fight it's pretty much personal preference on Sup/Observer, Serv/Felhunter, or Sacrifice.
    Just to check on this, Observer is only best when Optic Blast is used on cooldown right? Otherwise I've found FH/Succ to be incredibly close in sims, but the Succ gains a slight advantage in real terms when you consider Lash has a 20 yard range, meaning less time running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

Aye, I was aware of that - apart from the everything. I thought it'd be of some importance to get the haste cap at 2021? Looking at armories of top destruction locks (yes, looking at Zûmzum!), I see there is a fair amount of haste present (2-3k).
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Aye, I was aware of that - apart from the everything. I thought it'd be of some importance to get the haste cap at 2021? Looking at armories of top destruction locks (yes, looking at Zûmzum!), I see there is a fair amount of haste present (2-3k).
    Looking at Zûmzum's armory, he's completely reforging out of haste. There is no way for him to get less than ~3k haste due to his ilvl.

As I played destru (affli now) I sim'd highest DPS with ~2k haste (GoSac) and full mastery beyond that point.

Deleted
    I just go with as much mastery as humanly possible through reforging and some gems.
    Often using a Shivarra because she's super cool.

But then again, I'm not much of a min/maxer am I.

EDIT: However, I am NOT able to go below 3229 haste anyway with my current ilvl.

Immolate is such a small portion of our damage that haste breakpoints don't mean a whole hell of a lot. The haste/crit you see on most peoples gear is from unavoidable haste that they can't get rid of. I would swoon if I was able to get hit/mastery and crit/mastery gear in every slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    i care not for haste regardless if i am using sac or improved pet. Hit -> Mastery -> Crit. I reforge out of haste, if possible i'd have no haste gear at all. The raid haste buff + Conflag is more enough for incinerates to be smooth

I have my haste reforged down to 4717, and I seem to be doing the same dps or maybe a little better than when I was 5500+ haste. I have only tried it in one raid so far. I can go full mastery and get my haste down to 2500, but have not tried that yet. I am wanting to try dropping haste further, but also changing pet to succ just for a try. I can't figure out how to make Simcraft recognize that I have a succ though.