Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wow...that looks like a lot of work from Blizzard for... nothing important. Seriously, why write all that plot and spread a team in releasing it, just for hype on something that already have a lot of visibility and attention on other circles?
    The folks who write plot related materials probably finished anything in HOTS requiring their input months ago. And I doubt the web design team had any involvement in making the game itself.

    But hey, continue the proud tradition of bitching about anything and everything. Lord knows someone has to...
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  2. #102
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The folks who write plot related materials probably finished anything in HOTS requiring their input months ago. And I doubt the web design team had any involvement in making the game itself.

    But hey, continue the proud tradition of bitching about anything and everything. Lord knows someone has to...
    Exactly, I don't think they're going to start work on the next Starcraft II expansion anytime soon, maybe in a year or so but probably not now so their time has been freed up a bit and I'm guessing Blizzard wants their plot writers to move onto this and hype it up. People need to stop bitching and just enjoy something that the guys at Blizzard didn't need to offer but are because they love to create excitement among the fans. I'm glad they hold events and such, it's really nice of them.
    Last edited by NatePsychotic; 2013-02-07 at 02:19 PM.

  3. #103
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wow...that looks like a lot of work from Blizzard for... nothing important. Seriously, why write all that plot and spread a team in releasing it, just for hype on something that already have a lot of visibility and attention on other circles?
    1) Read up on viral marketing.

    2) It probably took 2 people one afternoon to write all of this up. This is their profession. Their craft is to tell stories. It's...not really that hard to make fake blurbs about a game.
    BAD WOLF

  4. #104
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,437
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Exactly, I don't think they're going to start work on the next Starcraft II expansion anytime soon, maybe in a year or so but probably not now so their time has been freed up a bit and I'm guessing Blizzard wants their plot writers to move onto this and hype it up. People need to stop bitching and just enjoy something that the guys at Blizzard didn't need to offer but are because they love to create excitement among the fans. I'm glad they hold events and such, it's really nice of them.

    I actually think that they've begun work on Legacy of the Void some time ago. It might not actually be a game yet, but all the story, all the pre-production stuff has probably been done well ahead of actual production.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 03:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wow...that looks like a lot of work from Blizzard for... nothing important. Seriously, why write all that plot and spread a team in releasing it, just for hype on something that already have a lot of visibility and attention on other circles?
    Wow, aren't you a party-pooper. Yeah damn Blizzard for making something fun!

  5. #105

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Seriously, why write all that plot and spread a team in releasing it
    For the writing, it's part of viral marketing (as others have said). I have zero interest, but it's an effective tactic to generate interest/hype.

    As for spreading the team to release it, they don't need to. You can automate much of the social media or have it prepared ahead of time. Technically if this was prepared early enough, they could have had one or two people get all of this set up and organized so that a single person could run much of the social media going about right now.

  7. #107
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,948
    With this latest tidbit I've come up with 3 new probable things Blackstone is.

    1. Titan. IMO this is the biggest probability now. Blizz had dropped hints all along that Titan was going to be radically different from WoW, and theories/rumors of a sci fi MMO were abound all along. The fact this came out on the day of their big conference call to me is no mistake. If Blizzcon 2013 is announced today, I wouldn't put it past Blizz to reveal Project Blackstone as their new MMO this year. (I previously was saying 2014)

    2. New Starcraft Game. Blizz has dabbled in the idea of making a console Starcraft game before, and at one point in the last 2 years was hiring for a console title. Could Blackstone be the in-dev title for such a game?

    2. HotS ARG. Kind of pointless when we already know the launch date, but mysterious websites with passwords we have to guess screams valve-style ARG.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore


  8. #108
    How is Titan even being brought up?

    The site is hosted as part of SC2's primary site. It's all Starcraft based information. I don't get the leap in logic from "Everything says Starcraft" to "It can be Titan!"

  9. #109
    Warchief barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I actually think that they've begun work on Legacy of the Void some time ago. It might not actually be a game yet, but all the story, all the pre-production stuff has probably been done well ahead of actual production.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 03:38 PM ----------



    Wow, aren't you a party-pooper. Yeah damn Blizzard for making something fun!
    i'm a bit doubtful, mainly because of massive anmounts of cruticism due to racial imbalances, same happened when sc2 1.0 launched (post beta), most of blizz efforts will points towards units/ladder maps and a correct implementation of the sc2 arcade section

  10. #110
    So Titan is World of Starcraft? Looks to me that way. Yes, they said "new ip" but the latest rumours are, that Titan is not a new ip:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...be-heading-to/

    It this is right, this could only mean World of Starcraft (with a different name and gameplay).




  11. #111
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I typed whosyourdaddy and this is what I got:

    Response 37M Deployed
    Location confirmed

    Hmm.
    O.o well then...

  12. #112
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    With this latest tidbit I've come up with 3 new probable things Blackstone is.

    1. Titan. IMO this is the biggest probability now. Blizz had dropped hints all along that Titan was going to be radically different from WoW, and theories/rumors of a sci fi MMO were abound all along. The fact this came out on the day of their big conference call to me is no mistake. If Blizzcon 2013 is announced today, I wouldn't put it past Blizz to reveal Project Blackstone as their new MMO this year. (I previously was saying 2014)
    https://twitter.com/CameronDayton/st...23874661769216 That is all I have to say on this.. Seriously, a CM even replies to it! Rygarius! Come on.. It's not Titan, stop being ridiculous.

  13. #113
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    How is Titan even being brought up?

    The site is hosted as part of SC2's primary site. It's all Starcraft based information. I don't get the leap in logic from "Everything says Starcraft" to "It can be Titan!"
    There's also people saying it's D3... Makes even less sense...

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The folks who write plot related materials probably finished anything in HOTS requiring their input months ago. And I doubt the web design team had any involvement in making the game itself.

    But hey, continue the proud tradition of bitching about anything and everything. Lord knows someone has to...
    What is your problem? Seems you have something stuck up your behind. Isn't it ironic that you are the one that seems to bitch about anything and everything while picking on random statements people make in their comments? I mean really.. get it together. I've seen you already pick on 3 people in this thread and me as well. I've seen from your previous post history as well. Like really?

    Everyone is discussing here and everyone has a right to make their own statements and I am fine debating them with someone with some common sense. But you definitely lack any and take it further by berating anyone that opposes your views.

  15. #115
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,437
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    i'm a bit doubtful, mainly because of massive anmounts of cruticism due to racial imbalances, same happened when sc2 1.0 launched (post beta), most of blizz efforts will points towards units/ladder maps and a correct implementation of the sc2 arcade section
    I don't think you appriciate how difficult it is to balance an RTS like this one. They need to balance it for more several leagues as well, something they've talked about that makes it all harder.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 07:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So Titan is World of Starcraft? Looks to me that way. Yes, they said "new ip" but the latest rumours are, that Titan is not a new ip:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...be-heading-to/

    It this is right, this could only mean World of Starcraft (with a different name and gameplay).
    Why is it so hard to understand that this is related to HotS, not Titan? It's on the SC2 branch of the website for crying out loud, no offense meant.

  16. #116
    Herald of the Titans Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,782
    Blizzard getting into viral marketing? I'm okay with this.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    What is your problem? Seems you have something stuck up your behind. Isn't it ironic that you are the one that seems to bitch about anything and everything while picking on random statements people make in their comments? I mean really.. get it together. I've seen you already pick on 3 people in this thread and me as well. I've seen from your previous post history as well. Like really?

    Everyone is discussing here and everyone has a right to make their own statements and I am fine debating them with someone with some common sense. But you definitely lack any and take it further by berating anyone that opposes your views.
    Nice job ignoring the other people who called out the same guy.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    What is your problem? Seems you have something stuck up your behind. Isn't it ironic that you are the one that seems to bitch about anything and everything while picking on random statements people make in their comments? I mean really.. get it together. I've seen you already pick on 3 people in this thread and me as well. I've seen from your previous post history as well. Like really?

    Everyone is discussing here and everyone has a right to make their own statements and I am fine debating them with someone with some common sense. But you definitely lack any and take it further by berating anyone that opposes your views.
    Seriously, your whole post could as well be directed at yourself. He commented a party-pooper-post and definitely had a point. What's your problem? The level of aggression and insulting language is totally out of proportion. You're picking on him because he's picking on someone, and I'm probably gonna get picked on because I'm picking on you right now. It's the pyramide of screaming by Barney Stinson.

  19. #119
    Keep the discussion on topic please.

  20. #120
    new post is up on the site

    Personal Log


    Ludwig van Beethoven said, "Tones sound, and roar and storm about me until I have set them down in notes." It is wisdom I have carried throughout my career.Beethoven was a brilliant composer who has been largely forgotten by the vagabond Earthlings who have taken root here in the Koprulu sector. But I open this log with his words in the vain hope that my work here may someday match, in scientific form, the stirring musical legacy that great soul left for humanity.No, modesty has never been one of my strong suits. Modesty didn't pull me out of the drafty one-room farmer's shack I was born in. Modesty didn't win me top honors at Tarsonis U and a double PhD at Korhal Academy, nor did it help my seminal work become the first treatise on xenobiology to be made an Augustgrad Times bestseller. Modesty has its place: comfortably stuffed in the throats of those not ambitious enough to take a big, toothy bite out of the universe.Sadly, it was this selfsame lack of modesty that brought me here. How could the ever-seeing eyes of the Dominion ignore the undeniable efforts of my mind? A mind Michael Liberty called "an interplanetary treasure" in his UNN exposé. How could the Dominion Armed Military Nonsense resist putting my invaluable neurons to work for them?There I was, publishing valuable insights for the poor masses to consume... and there I was, not helping the D.A.M.N. fools turn knowledge into weapons. Granted, my work wasn't being shared entirely out of benevolence; the poor masses were making me rich. According to Ken, my agent, sales of Ayers on Aliens had already hit 10 million.That was only one week before I was aggressively recruited from my bedroom. By a ghost. Yes, I know it sounds like a Dickens novel. But, unlike Scrooge's nocturnal abductor, my ghost was armed with a knife, a rifle, and the ability to telekinetically make me lose control of my bladder. They can do that, right?Regardless, here I am. The Blackstone facility is cramped, stuffy, and it has an appalling lack of windows. The project head is so arrogant that I am surprised they were able to fit his enormous cranium into this tiny little asteroid. To make matters worse, I seem to have made a poor impression on good Dr. Branamoor, and he is now committed to making my time here even more unbearable. Surprisingly, I find it difficult to dwell on my current state of discomfort, due to the incredible resources we have at our disposal. I have worked in some of the most prestigious laboratories in the Koprulu sector and have never seen tools with the power and precision at my fingertips. Nor have I seen such an abundance of rare and unique samples of alien tissue. Rumor has it that Branamoor has connections in the black market, and I don't care to know any more than that. This assignment has given me access to complete specimens of zerg larvae, and I have witnessed things that have sent my imagination soaring. Wonderful things. Possibilities for healing the human race beyond anything dreamt of in our wildest fiction.

    and this picture
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/static/imag...2-zergling.jpg
    Last edited by BigAssBoy; 2013-03-01 at 06:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •