Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    The ME262 would like to speak with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjyIo8uRBDI
    About what?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    time to send Clint Eastwood in to steal that shit.
    lol awesome movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    till now i never had reason to doubt your mental faculties. but this is a pretty big red flag, lol
    Hey! Indiana isn't... well at least we're not Missouri!

To be honest I don't see why anyone would need to care about Iran's military. They've not been aggressor in any war for nearly 200 years and for unprovoked attack, you'd have to go as far as 400 years back to find any. I don't see them planning any wars now either, regardless of the constant propaganda spouted everywhere.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-02-08 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    @GothicShark:
    Yes, but where is it going to stow any kind of weapon? I mean: 1500 lbs (including pilot and fuel) isn't much (and being towed up in the first place is just disgraceful).
    'It could fly, but not very well' is not enough to call it a fighter craft. :P
    All I'm saying is it can fly, I would never think of a aircraft made in Iran as a legitimate weapon of war. Although the Seaplane they make is sort of cool looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Hey! Indiana isn't... well at least we're not Missouri!
    both of my parents are from missourri... but they got the hell out of there first chance they got, lol. i suppose they have me to thank for that
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth plane, because you will never see it fly.

or paper mache doesn't show up on a radar, either or.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    3. Who is going to be small enough to fly it?
    Midgets. Terrifying Iranian kamikaze midgets.

Another thing: internal weapons bays. The timeline never mind the scaling doesn't make any sense.

It took four seperate developments - the F-117, the B-2, the F-22 and the F-35 - and those are just the ones we know about, for the US to get stealth right with the opening and closing of internal weapons bays. Any time a door is opened, stealth is compromised. The F-35 does that better than the F-22 and it better than its predecessors.

Is Iran using highly developed doors and rotary launchers or something? Have they worked that problem too? What about ordinance. The US has been developing the Small Diameter Bomb I and II just because they need to fit more ordinance in smaller area. Is Iran working on small-diameter weaponry to put in their stealth plane too?

I'll believe Iran can modernize and spruce up the basic F-5E air frame and make an indigenous knock off. Notably, they have not been able to perform the same trick with their swingwing F-14As. But I won't believe Iran made a fighter that is legitimate with ALL these logical leaps. It's just too many, for something that came out of the blue. When the US's stealth blackhawks became public knowledge because of the Osama bin Laden raid, it was surprising in one sense, but not terribly surprising in another. The US had been working on various stealth with respect to Helicopters for twenty years and everyone knew about it. It didn't lead anywhere because those Comanche Prototypes. But it had been worked out. And then those two helicopters appeared and it made sense: you know adapting some comanche tech on an existing frame makes a certain amount of sense. When the US rolls out it's "B-3" Long Range Strike bomber at the end of the decade it's going to look like, to no ones great surprise, like a big X-47B with a little bit of B-2 spirit in there. It makes sense.

This Iranian jet? Most random thing in the world.

Deleted
    It is much easer to "invent" something if you already have seen the product and have the fundamental knowledge of it. US did not have the luxury and did puce the punch card computer to its limits then they invent the first stealth plane.

The Iranian plane will be dirt cheep and totally inferior to a US plane. But that is not a problem, it give Iran additional weapon to increase US cost of invade Iran. Think about it Iran might get the ability to use a stealth plane to bomb a big refinery in Saudi Arabia. Now will Saudi Arabia allow US military operate offensive from its soil against Iran if US cant ensure Saudi Arabia economy will not be crippled in a war......

The Iran plane might never be a practical combat aircraft, but it is still working as a deterrence

Deleted
    Sorry for the necro, but turns out it realy is either just a model plane or it can't even fly.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...213-2ebwb.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Sorry for the necro, but turns out it realy is either just a model plane or it can't even fly.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...213-2ebwb.html
    wow, the iranian gov is even bad at photoshop...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here it is in action

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    All I'm saying is it can fly, I would never think of a aircraft made in Iran as a legitimate weapon of war. Although the Seaplane they make is sort of cool looking.
    Yeah and you can blast out casettes while flying. It can't fly. Stop now. Thanks.

Geez. Looking at the back of the console, of what we can see, I'd expect FAR more going on back there. I mean, i'm not a aeronautic engineer, but I would expect a machine designed for its apparent purpose to need a few more wires and controls ...
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-02-13 at 02:19 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I haven't laughed so much reading a thread since i read the Funny pictures thread while stoned lol, Good thread, and amazing responses IMO =D

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Here it is in action

What happend? it failed to take off?

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Here it is in action

funny, but it would have been funnier with a pilot in the sitting position in the air, a la wonder woman in her invisible jet
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    funny, but it would have been funnier with a pilot in the sitting position in the air, a la wonder woman in her invisible jet

Im Sorry mods, but it had to be done, excuse me for my awful paint skills.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    What happend? it failed to take off?
    No, it's a stealth plane, Hence why you can't see it

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    [IMG]Snip[/IMG]
    Im Sorry mods, but it had to be done, excuse me for my awful paint skills.
    Haha i love that