Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    90% of the arguments against this plane is ''it isn't like our plain so that means it doesn't work''.
    That's how you are reading them, not what they are.

Really? Its a nice model airplane that amazingly looks like our F-35. Luz!

This is the kind of overly expensive marketing prop I'd expect NAMCO to trot out at E3 to hawk the latest Ace Combat game, except such a prop would probably be more convincing.

Christ where to begin with this.

The nose is so small, it would require a radar the size of a 15 inch CRT monitor to fit.

The air intakes are too small for a vehicle of this size to to lift off.

The wings are a direct rip off of the Boeing Bird of Prey test vehicle. I honestly think they saw the Bird of Prey on the internet and copied it.

Center-stick...lololol. So I assume its using a hydrualic system as opposed to fiber optic cabiling to control its surfaces? How early 4th generation fighter of you.

I love the 1950s style indicators. And is that a Tape deck?

The engine exhaust is going to melt the back of the plane without any kind of nozzle. The US worked on two and three dimensional thrust vectoring nozzles since the 1980s and just got them right int he last two years. Even China is using conventional engine nozzles on their new (actually flying) "stealth" fighters (that probably aren't really stealthy either). This thing isn't going anywhere.

What a joke.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2013-02-07 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That's how you are reading them, not what they are.
    I see the following arguments allot...

The cockpit is to small or to simple
    it doesn't share the same characteristic as our planes
    shape is different
    looks like plastic

I'm not a engineer but you know what, all of these arguments mean nothing simply because the argument still boils down to '' you did something different so it's wrong''. Western governments are the textbook example of being inefficient when they outsource jobs, the government of Iran may have just simply gotten a product that is simpler.

If the government of iran has any brains then they should do their own thing and not follow the American example when it comes to military. Their is only a single country that will attack Iran and that is the USA. If Iran tries to directly compete with the US then they will lose, so they have to think outside the box. They may have produced a stealth plain that may be inferior to the US plains but maybe it is cheaper and faster to produce so they overwhelm potential attackers with sheer numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to be building a bunker any time soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a engineer but you know what, all of these arguments mean nothing simply because the argument still boils down to '' you did something different so it's wrong''.
    No, it's not getting mocked because it's different.

It's getting mocked because it's a hilarious clusterfuck of a model that they're trying to pass off as a genuine aircraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it look cute, maybe as pinata for my future children.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    No, it's not getting mocked because it's different.

It's getting mocked because it's a hilarious clusterfuck of a model that they're trying to pass off as a genuine aircraft.
    That is slower than 70 year old aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    time to send Clint Eastwood in to steal that shit.
    im probably one of the few people old enough to get that reference, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, its painted black, doesnt mean its stealth. It doesnt have the "dynamics" of a b2, f117, f22 or f35, nor the actual "paint" that is used to make them stealth. The insulation, just LoLz.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    meh, its painted black, doesnt mean its stealth.
    of course it doesnt. it also needs a light bar on the front with the light running back and forth to truly be a technological marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    im probably one of the few people old enough to get that reference, lol
    Same here. The Legofox didn't get any love earlier either.

I'm not a engineer but you know what, all of these arguments mean nothing simply because the argument still boils down to '' you did something different so it's wrong''. Western governments are the textbook example of being inefficient when they outsource jobs, the government of Iran may have just simply gotten a product that is simpler.
    There's "simpler" and then there's "not actually large enough to include everything it needs to work."

Check it out:
    Qaher-313
    F-22

Notice how the cockpit of the F-22 doesn't look like it could double as a bobsled? It's not just a matter of it being small, and therefore cheaper. There's the problem of being able to fit all the guts of the plane into the body, and then have room for weapons...and then have room for a functioning engine.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're not even trying...at the very least they could have photoshopped it onto a sky to make it look like it can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Everybody just get a good look at that. Appreciate it for a moment. God, that is such a sexy aircraft. If the f-22 was a woman, I would give my soul to make love to her...

Dammit, I should have been a pilot... didn't want to have to leave Indiana, though (only time in history somebody has said those words)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Everybody just get a good look at that. Appreciate it for a moment. God, that is such a sexy aircraft. If the f-22 was a woman, I would give my soul to make love to her...

Dammit, I should have been a pilot... didn't want to have to leave Indiana, though (only time in history somebody has said those words)
    Seriously, I made a weird face when I read that.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Seriously, I made a weird face when I read that.
    But I bet you every warplane enthusiast in the thread was nodding in agreement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    But I bet you every warplane enthusiast in the thread was nodding in agreement
    Oh no, I meant the part about Indiana. I browse /k/ a lot, talk of making love to inanimate objects of war is just another day for me.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Maybe it's a drone and they want you to think it's driven by a pilot.

Deleted
    I share everyone's skepticism, but I have to say that I'm amazed at the number of aerospace engineers who frequent these forums.