Poll: Which continent would reign supreme?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not much into lore, but can't the Sha's power be harnessed through the divine bell or whatever the name is? If so, Pandaria would win I think.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Deleted
    Northrend: Scourge is still a big player, there is also Titan technology available in Ulduar, moreover mighty wizards (dalaran), homeland of the Deathknights, lots of Paladins who are there to cleanse evil and dragons including the former Aspects.
    Kalimdor: Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Goblins, Nightelves and Draenai are a powerful alliance on its own. The Qirai are compareable to the Mantid, Titan technology available in Uldum.
    Easter Kingdoms: Blood Elves, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Forsaken and Worgen are quite powerful too. Moreover you have everything related to Blackrock Mountain but no Titan technology.
    Pandaria: Pandaren (meh), Mantid and Mogu make up the biggest forces on the continent. Mantid and Mogu are quite powerful but i don't know if they can really be compared to the might of the Scourge or another big faction.

I think Pandaria isn't very likely to win this... there are no really big players on the continent. Mantid and Mogu are just local powers and the Pandaren Forces aren't really compareable to orc or human forces.
    Then comes Eastern Kingdoms... Humans and Forsaken are big forces, but apart from this there isn't much on the continent.

I would say Northrend or Kalimdor would win... in the end Northrend is my favorite because Scourge is still really powerful and not just a local power but a "world power" (and even known on other worlds). The armies of the Argent Crusade (Paladins) and the Knights of the Ebon Blade (DKs) who fought back the scourge are still on this continent, moreover there are big expedition forces of both Alliance and Horde with several bases there. The Mighty Wizards in Dalaran and the Wyrmrest Accord are a big power too...

Eastern kingdoms. Humans and undead, duh.

Deleted
    Northrend:

Scourge, Yog'Saron, the Watchers, Dragons, Kvaldir, Vrykul, Production line making endless Iron Vrykul.

Yeah Northrend if it all allied together would dominate.

Kalimdor would win

Kalimdor has Orcs, Trolls, Nelfs, Tol'vir, Cthun, Dranaei and goblins

But the reason why Kalimdor would win is cause it has a fucking superweapon that can pwn azeroth in Uldum

Northrend. If Bolvar decides that Azeroth should be undead, it becomes undead. I doubt the mantid and pandas is resistant against the plauge.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Kalimdor. Nelves, Orcs, Trolls, Draenei, Qiraji, Tol'vir + the race specific allies such as hippogryphs, mountain giants etcetera.

We would just hide in our forests, waiting for the strongest to attack some other guy, then attack the strongest and pwn everyone else.

+ C'thun didn't die, Old Gods can't die, we got an Old god. With a lazer. Tol'vir iirc got some Titan technology, too. We got Velen, Malfurion, Tyrande, Garrosh, Nelf allies...I would say we would win easily. Northrend, well, Velen power. Humans? We'll let our worgen infect you guys = more guys for us. Undead would try to plague, but Worgen and Nelves are good saboteurs. Pandaria? They have to get here first, and when the Mantid do fly over, I'll introduce you to our smexy allies called Troll headhunters, Nelf archers.

Deleted
    Kalimdor, because there is that doomsday machine pyramid in uldum.

Deleted
    Lots of good responses to this thread, but some things are thoroughly overlooked... I've voted Kalimdor, and here's some additional stuff that haven't recieved enough attention.

Forces of AQ - raid-bosses aside (C'thun vs Algalon vs Sha of Fear vs LK vs etc etc...), the army that was once locked in AQ and got released at the sound of the gong is probably only comparable to the Scourge and maybe the Mantids. However the Mantids of Pandaria have been held in check by pandas while the forces of AQ required a combined effort of all "good" races including the Bronze Dragonflight - keepers of time!.

Elemental planes - Pandaria might be good fighters, but how will you engage the other continents without a wind to power your boats? The elemental plane of wind is located in Kalimdor (Throne of the four winds or whatever it's called - and Thunderaan ofc!). How will you burn anything when the elemental plane of fire is also located in Kalimdor(Mount Hyjal) - MC is just a "temple" for Ragnaros. Fire will also be one of the only things that destroys undeads, making Kalimdor capable of dealing with the scourge (which might otherwise only be possible for the Lightbringers of EK).

So in conclusion - Kalimdor will win because of...

Forces of AQ
    Elemental planes of fire and wind
    Malfurion/Thrall combo
    Bronze Dragonflight - keepers of time! (seriously, how will you fight someone who controls time? - they do have their counter-parts in Wotlk, but we all know who won those encounters, right? :P )
    Goblins are much more suicidal than their gnome counterparts, thus they have a higher chance of making an ultimate doomsday device.
    Corruption of the Emerald Dream - if this could be harnessed into a weapon, it would be hard to see anyone countering it. Lore-wise only druids have done so, and all druids are tied to Kalimdor (Lore-wise - I know EK-races can pick druids but you have to admit it suits the Kalimdor-races better - and Moonglade is in Kalimdor as well).

The only thing Kalimdor lacks is maybe the power of arcane magic. EK has Medivh/Karazhan/Sunwell and Northrend has Kirin Tor.

PS: The biggest chance of failure for Kalimdor lies within it's own ranks. IF they ever got all of the races to peacefully co-exist, clearly they would be too engaged in the biggest question of all to even notice what went on in the rest of the world until it was too late:
    Where is Mankrik's Wife?!
    (The answer is obvious - 42!).

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Humans? We'll let our worgen infect you guys = more guys for us.
    I'm fairly certain worgens would count as part of EK, so that might be a bit wrong
    Last edited by mmoc7754bedf49; 2013-02-07 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    northrend becouse it got the entire scourge army aswell as the spider kingdom and the lost one and vrykul and it was already said in wotlk that would the lk die scourge would go rampart and that this army could overun and plauge entire azeroth with ease. so yea northrend would win.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetroll View Post
    Lots of good responses to this thread, but some things are thoroughly overlooked... I've voted Kalimdor, and here's some additional stuff that haven't recieved enough attention.

Forces of AQ - raid-bosses aside (C'thun vs Algalon vs Sha of Fear vs LK vs etc etc...), the army that was once locked in AQ and got released at the sound of the gong is probably only comparable to the Scourge and maybe the Mantids. However the Mantids of Pandaria have been held in check by pandas while the forces of AQ required a combined effort of all "good" races including the Bronze Dragonflight - keepers of time!.

Elemental planes - Pandaria might be good fighters, but how will you engage the other continents without a wind to power your boats? The elemental plane of wind is located in Kalimdor (Throne of the four winds or whatever it's called - and Thunderaan ofc!). How will you burn anything when the elemental plane of fire is also located in Kalimdor(Mount Hyjal) - MC is just a "temple" for Ragnaros. Fire will also be one of the only things that destroys undeads, making Kalimdor capable of dealing with the scourge (which might otherwise only be possible for the Lightbringers of EK).

So in conclusion - Kalimdor will win because of...

Forces of AQ
    Elemental planes of fire and wind
    Malfurion/Thrall combo
    Bronze Dragonflight - keepers of time! (seriously, how will you fight someone who controls time? - they do have their counter-parts in Wotlk, but we all know who won those encounters, right? :P )
    Goblins are much more suicidal than their gnome counterparts, thus they have a higher chance of making an ultimate doomsday device.
    Corruption of the Emerald Dream - if this could be harnessed into a weapon, it would be hard to see anyone countering it. Lore-wise only druids have done so, and all druids are tied to Kalimdor (Lore-wise - I know EK-races can pick druids but you have to admit it suits the Kalimdor-races better - and Moonglade is in Kalimdor as well).

The only thing Kalimdor lacks is maybe the power of arcane magic. EK has Medivh/Karazhan/Sunwell and Northrend has Kirin Tor.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:09 PM ----------

I'm fairly certain worgens would count as part of EK, so that might be a bit wrong
    you forget that the dragons home is located in northrend so you can forget about the bronze dragonflight unless they want to destroy there home and that northrend also got the remains of galakrond and an old god that can turn people insane. firelands etc are elementals planes and not a part of kalimdor.

emerald dream is a world of its own right yet again owned by the green dragonflight and have portals even in northrend so it does not belong to kalimdor.

so northrend got dragonflights scourge dalaran vrykul oldgod+army irondwarf+titan constructs emerald dream portal spider kingdom proto drakes and troll animal gods aswell as krakken. to me its crystal clear northrend would win

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Pandaria, hands down, because level 90+ shit, that's why
    Beat me to it.

Pandaria, because iLvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Northrend. If Bolvar decides that Azeroth should be undead, it becomes undead. I doubt the mantid and pandas is resistant against the plauge.
    The mantid would probably be similar to the nerubians. When he fought them, Ner'zhul found that the plague didn't work on them but that they could still be raised after being killed. So just kill some mantid and reanimate them, rinse and repeat, and attrition will end that fight.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Pandaria would win hands down. I mean look at the sheer numbers and the strength of all of the different races. If they were to ally and try and conquer the world they would have absolutely no issues doing so.

Stop trolling about levels. Take all levels away from this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Bolvar could just resurrect Galakrond
    That's actually a very good point.
    Those who don't know and are too lazy to look it up:
    It was the dragon from which the titans created the aspects.
    And Galakrond's huge!

Also while bolvar is at it, he could also resurrect Manta.
    If that really is the skeleton of Manta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eastern Kingdoms, simply the most races, the home of the Argent Dawn, Silvanas and the Valkyr, Blood Elves, Dark Iron, Most non-Horde Trolls, then the Humans+Gnomes+Dwarves, which tend to be the main fighting force of the Alliance. Oh and the Ebon Blade. And nobody gives a shit about Worgens =3

So yeah, unless you pull the silly "derpderp infinite mogu machine" "derpderp infinite swarm" "derpderp infinite scourge", which are all countered by "10 Human champions can shut them down", or the unfunny "but in pandaria everything is above lvl 95..." which is sure as hell true if every NPC kept its level, but which would make this competition silly... It's Eastern Kingdoms due to the massive amount of different factions grouping up, and it being Silvanas going 100% unchecked.

Pandaria dead last due to just having Pandaren Monks (I haven't seen a non-monk that didn't come from wandering isle), and Hozen/Jinyu/Mogu/Mantid/Sha, with Hozen and Jinyu being quite the pathetic factions, and Sha being hard to rate: If the opponents could find a way to not get affected by the Sha curses they're pretty meager, if they do not they will become rather OP when looking at this competition.

Northrend is kinda okay thanks to Scourge + Largest amount of Titan constructs + Aspects, Kalimdor would probably lose vs Northrend because of it, but these 2 would share 2 and 3.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    So yeah, unless you pull the silly "derpderp infinite mogu machine" "derpderp infinite swarm" "derpderp infinite scourge", which are all countered by "10 Human champions can shut them down"
    So you're arbitrarily restricting the scope of what military forces can count to suit the continent you favor? Yeah, EK would lose badly when you include the non-playable faction heavy-hitters, tough luck. We're not just going by sheer number of factions (you left several Northrend forces out btw) but by their strength as well. Also, it seems like all the remnants of the Gurubasi, Amani, and Zandalari are on Pandaria now so I don't think they would count towards EK.

Btw the Lich King doesn't lose to X number of champions, he loses to a backstab from Ashbringer. Also, virtually every good-guy faction was simultaneously assaulting Icecrown Citadel when he fell, and they could barely get past the entrance. Kinda easy to forget that those 10/25 heroes had several huge armies at their backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    That's actually a very good point.
    Those who don't know and are too lazy to look it up:
    It was the dragon from which the titans created the aspects.
    And Galakrond's huge!

Also while bolvar is at it, he could also resurrect Manta.
    If that really is the skeleton of Manta.
    Oh, I forgot another one. Remember the canon behind Naxx coming back as a 10/25 man in Northrend? The Lich King just resurrects the entirety of Naxx's forces after they are defeated in the Plaguelands.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Eastern Kingdoms. Why? Because:

The blood elves have one of the strongest magical and arcane powers in Azeroth.
    The Forsaken have unending troops, and without Garrosh there to tell them no, they'd have the Plague.
    The dwarves have the most well-defended city in all Azeroth: Ironforge. It is said hat it lasted for seven years of siege in the Second War. And it only ended becasue the Horde crumbled. It is impossible to invade it.
    The humans have the strongest human nation, with many great heroes.

And if all looked dire, they still hold the Dark Portal, so they could flee to Outland.

Deepholm

The forgotten continent

When the dust settles the elementals shall rule since elementals can't die anywhere for good besides their own zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalimdor. Because Isle of Quel'Danas is technically part of Kalimdor which is where Kil'jaeden is residing inside of Sunwell.