TBC = Horde
    WotLK = Alliance
    Cata = Horde
    MoP = Alliance

Atleast in the next expansion, its the Horde's turn again :P
    That is how I see the pattern as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is the obvious Horde favoritism blizzard has shown for years finally starting to die down?
    What Horde favorism?

Excluding a bit of Thrall-Love in patch v4.2, the entire game have been pretty Alliance favored..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What Horde favorism?

Excluding a bit of Thrall-Love in patch v4.2, the entire game have been pretty Alliance favored..
    We must not be playing the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can see the pattern:

TBC = Horde
    WotLK = Alliance
    Cata = Horde
    MoP = Alliance

What i'd like in a new expansion is for Blizz to share the love a bit between factions, no need for 1:1 victory ratios (maybe a bit less lopsided than in Cata and MoP-so-far though, could cut down on favoritism-debates) but in both Cataclysm and MoP military losses are always due to incompetence or doomsday devices, maybe have battles won or lost due to such silly things as numbers, terrain and strategy instead of "ima toss ma manabomb!" (Or plague or val'kyr-in-a-can or flatpacked creatures from another continent)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they've ever "favoured" the Horde more so much as they simply enjoy writing it more. They have more room for development, having convinced themselves that the Alliance is in (in Metzen's own words) "lawful good overdrive" and can only ever be the heroes.

And it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dare say though mists that blizzard has been trying to satisfy the alliance from all there whining they did in cata about it being a horde centered expansion, and so they tried there best to make up for it in mists.

But fact is, the alliance will never have the kind of 'cool' factor the horde does. Even when you yell 'FOR THE HORDE' it sounds so much better then 'FOR THE ALLIANCE', its just how it is. And eventually when blizz realize no amount of effort they put into trying to make the alliance look like the cool guys when faced against the horde, it won't happen. They need to do twice the effort to be half as good.

And no, this honestly isn't a bias statement, its just how it shows itself in the principle of the thing.

The horde is red, red is aggressive, it makes you think of things like rage and blood such.
    Alliance is blue, blue makes you think of sea and sky and buttercups and rainbows.
    Horde has aggressive races with savage undertones living in harsh wastelands and in the wilds.
    Alliance live in castles and tree houses.
    The alliance has a cat for its symbol.
    The horde has a wolf.

Fact is, what makes the horde and all its principles is what makes it cool, and so when blizzard tries to make the alliance popular, they can't, because its a harder job to do and takes far more effort, and thus alliance players will just feel dissatisfied and accuse blizzard of favoring the horde more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It seems that all the lore, and quests and gear revolving around Alliance have been much better written, and the gear has been better modeled for Alliance side. The intro to panda land is a much better story line than the intro on horde side imho.

Is the obvious Horde favoritism blizzard has shown for years finally starting to die down?
    i wish people whould shut up about this. there has NEVER been a favortism. vanilla - alliance alliance alliance, bc - horde horde horde, wrath - alliance alliance alliance, cata - horde horde horde, mists - alliance alliance alliance.

it works in cycles. this whole BLIZZ LURVES HERD mentality alot of alliance players have is just straight up retarded its almost as if they feel inferior or if they arent the er mah gerd bestest winnar all tiem they flip out. the only thing they do have that is right is the neutral thing, that is a slight problem but i say its more about the horde not having many old school well known heroes to be poster boys because most of them died, outside of the faction leaders how many horde heroes are there besides rexxar pre wow? exactly.

My main is alliance i have an alt blood elf warlock and ive done nearly every quest ingame i play this game entirely for the story, never once while playing alliance did i feel inferior or felt like the storylines as a whole were lacking. were there a couple points in cata? yes specifically the worgen however as a whole i never felt once that i was on the losing side or that the writing was weaker, in fact alot of the times i enjoyed the alliance storylines more and almost all the "losses" in cataclysm felt more like ties, bitter battles that left huge losses for both sides, neither truly won.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can see the pattern:

TBC = Horde
    WotLK = Alliance
    Cata = Horde
    MoP = Alliance

You could even say Vanilla = alliance. Why? Because blizzard confessed they made more zones and quests for the alliance then horde had, and they had to balance it out in cata.

I haven't played Alliance in MoP, but I think the Horde experience has been pretty enjoyable so far. I'm just worried about post-SoO: Will Blizzard force on us some 'we're sorry for what we did, Alliance' bullshit, or will we kick them out of Orgrimmar after Garrosh has been dealt with?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I dare say though mists that blizzard has been trying to satisfy the alliance from all there whining they did in cata about it being a horde centered expansion, and so they tried there best to make up for it in mists.

But fact is, the alliance will never have the kind of 'cool' factor the horde does. Even when you yell 'FOR THE HORDE' it sounds so much better then 'FOR THE ALLIANCE', its just how it is. And eventually when blizz realize no amount of effort they put into trying to make the alliance look like the cool guys when faced against the horde, it won't happen. They need to do twice the effort to be half as good.

And no, this honestly isn't a bias statement, its just how it shows itself in the principle of the thing.

The horde is red, red is aggressive, it makes you think of things like rage and blood such.
    Alliance is blue, blue makes you think of sea and sky and buttercups and rainbows.
    Horde has aggressive races with savage undertones living in harsh wastelands and in the wilds.
    The horde has a wolf.

Fact is, what makes the horde and all its principles is what makes it cool, and so when blizzard tries to make the alliance popular, they can't, because its a harder job to do and takes far more effort, and thus alliance players will just feel dissatisfied and accuse blizzard of favoring the horde more.
    Thats how YOU see the alliance. i see the alliance like blizzard sees the alliance. A Wall, a unified shielding wall, mighty strong and unbreakable. where you see the symbol as a cat, i see it as the falcon and the lion, the lion mighty strong, proud arrogant and prideful but strong, and the falcon cold and unnerving flying high above its enemies and swooping in at the perfect moment to swoop them up and devour them.

you say how is for the alliance cooler than for the horde? i say FOR BLOOD AND HONOR sounds cooler than blood and thunder.

you say its harder to make the alliance look cool, i say its much easier.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    But fact is, the alliance will never have the kind of 'cool' factor the horde does.

The horde has a wolf.
    Everything you've listed as supposedly making the Horde better is completely subjective.

I'd buy that if WC2 didn't exist. Blizzard and Metzen can and have written good Alliance story. The current story is good, the Horde's is just better but not because it is inherently better and is better because of the reasons I listed above. It is all to do with execution.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty much this.

Considering all the "Green Jesus" stuff we had last expansion and the complaining on forums about it, I think Blizzard may have possibly wanted to show that the Alliance have not been forgotten. Though I find all the quests on Pandaria (not panda land) better written than I would have expected.

Also, Madgod! The avatar! Too. Much. Cuteness!
    Ugh, don't get me started on the "Green Jesus" bullshit. You can't reason with those people.

And thank you! I chose it out of seven.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Ugh, don't get me started on the "Green Jesus" bullshit. You can't reason with those people.

And thank you! I chose it out of seven.
    ust wait till me'dan shows up. THEN THE TRUE GREEN JESUS SHALL APPEAR @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing that the climax of the expansion will once again revolve around the Horde's warchief and saving Metzen's beloved faction, I'm going to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Seeing that the climax of the expansion will once again revolve around the Horde's warchief and saving Metzen's beloved faction, I'm going to say no.
    led by varian wrynn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    led by varian wrynn.
    So? That doesn't make up for 8 straight years of blatant Horde love in lore. You can knock off a couple in Wrath maybe, but other than that the creative team of this game has been all Horde all the time.

And it doesn't change the fact that the story is revolving around the Horde, yet again. Sure Wrynn is the one to point the sword and say charge, but it's still a totally Horde driven story, all about the warchief, all about yet another Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    And it shows.
    Isn't that a problem though?
    Their own preferences should in the end not hinder the quality of one faction. It's not really the context as it were it's just the presentation is better.

I'd kinda like to add that I'm rather disappointed with the news that the Horde have access to the Alliance scenario in 5.2 because of what that scenario is. The fact the Horde will have access to Trials of the High King is sort of beyond me, it's probably one of the most important Alliance story arcs in MoP, if not the story of MoP for the Alliance.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-06 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted

The horde has a wolf.

Thing is, it's subjective. Let's put it this way...

The Horde is red, like you said it makes you think of things like rage and blood. This reeks of savagery and recklessness.
    The blue and gold of the Alliance make you think of wisdom, power and honour.

The Horde has agressive barbaric brutes living in huts.
    The Alliance has badass races living in majestic castles and a massive mountain kingdom.

The Alliance has a lion as its symbol, a majestic creature known as the King of the Jungle.
    The Horde has a wolf. Okay.

Although I agree, the Horde symbol (this one: http://www.gamerdna.com/public/image...horde_logo.jpg) is cooler than the Alliance symbol. But there's no way the Horde leaders can be as cool as people like Genn Greymane and Varian Wrynn in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    So? That doesn't make up for 8 straight years of blatant Horde love in lore. You can knock off a couple in Wrath maybe, but other than that the creative team of this game has been all Horde all the time.

And it doesn't change the fact that the story is revolving around the Horde, yet again. Sure Wrynn is the one to point the sword and say charge, but it's still a totally Horde driven story, all about the warchief, all about yet another Orc.
    thats just bollocks. vanilla favored alliance massivly, as did wrath. bc and cata were the only ones that favored horde more. its equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Storylines ebb and flow. If every single action in the storyline was met by an exactly opposite reaction to keep both sides happy it would be the most boring story imaginable since nothing significant would ever happen.

As to your personal perceptions based on what you've experienced with regard to one set of quests, gear and lore being better written than another, that's all subjective. There's plenty of evidence around that you have your own view of things that's a bit askew from a lot of other people. So best to just say that it's an opinion and leave it at that.

Most people who raise the issue of Blizzard factional favoritism in a vehement way are either just stirring stuff up or totally ignorant of the rules of storytelling.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."