Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I think the iLevel is too high to be honest, specifically for LFR.
    Not really, 480 is Easy to get, is it too much to ask for people to put in a little effort for LFR, they're already getting handed wellfare gear.

remember that they are going to increase the drop rates of 5.0 raids for atleast lfr. but i also heard for normal/heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The iLevel "480" is perfect, 460 for MSV / 470 for HoF & ToES / 480 for ToT.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

If anything, 480 isn't high enough :P

Needs to be at a level where people that coast can't get in. And maybe we'll have some semi-competent groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not really, 480 is Easy to get, is it too much to ask for people to put in a little effort for LFR, they're already getting handed wellfare gear.
    You and Dehydrate misinterpret what I meant to say.

I meant the iLevel gear you can get IN the LFR for Throne of Thunder is too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I meant the iLevel gear you can get IN the LFR for Throne of Thunder is too high.
    It's the design decision Blizzard made and they've stated it countless times: they want each tier upgrade to make a difference. That's why soon the ilevel will ridiculous and we'll see there numbers like this 346587438564...

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    It is 480 now. It used to be 500 I believe.

But apparently people want it lowered more. Because apparently 480 is SUCH a hard number to reach -sadface-

Please, I have 4 alts with at least 480+ It's not hard if you...oh I don't know, Actually TRY to gear up? Shieldwall/Offensive make it even easier.
    If you avoiding the dailies, and just gearing up through LFR, it takes a long goddamn time to get to 480 unless RNG smiles on you. You will average only about 2 drops per week, some of which will be duplicates. (Remember, coins are also a dailies thing.) You can buy a few pieces of crafted and BoE gear but that stuff is mostly 476 and it will cost 2-20k per piece. So, 480 is going to be a real grind for people who don't love dailies.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    If anything, 480 isn't high enough :P

Needs to be at a level where people that coast can't get in. And maybe we'll have some semi-competent groups.
    See, here's the stupid assumption you've made:

People who do more dailies are more competent.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    If you avoiding the dailies, and just gearing up through LFR, it takes a long goddamn time to get to 480 unless RNG smiles on you. You will average only about 2 drops per week, some of which will be duplicates. (Remember, coins are also a dailies thing.) You can buy a few pieces of crafted and BoE gear but that stuff is mostly 476 and it will cost 2-20k per piece. So, 480 is going to be a real grind for people who don't love dailies.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 10:36 PM ----------

See, here's the stupid assumption you've made:

People who do more dailies are more competent.
    I don't think anyone is assuming anything. You see, I was able to reach 480 ilvl less than two weeks after hitting 90. During this time, I did not purchase a single valor item, and I didn't get a single piece of loot with my charms.

Sure you will statistically get more gear by doing dailies. However, dailies are in no way required to meet the minimum ilvl requirements for LFR.

If someone isn't at 480 by now, they either have a fresh alt or are just bad. I don't mind not grouping with them in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I don't think anyone is assuming anything. You see, I was able to reach 480 ilvl less than two weeks after hitting 90. During this time, I did not purchase a single valor item, and I didn't get a single piece of loot with my charms.

Sure you will statistically get more gear by doing dailies. However, dailies are in no way required to meet the minimum ilvl requirements for LFR.

If someone isn't at 480 by now, they either have a fresh alt or are just bad. I don't mind not grouping with them in LFR.
    This is because you are doing normal mode raiding, and why are you talking about LFR?

Are you one of those organized raiders who goes into LFR just to shit on people?

If you think you can get from 463 blues to 480 by collecting about 1.5 pieces of 483 gear per week, in 2 weeks, then you're seriously fucking bad at math.

I think 480 is perfect. With the decrease in valor costs and the increased drop rate of gear in 5.0 LFR's, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get catch up to ToT I imagine. And with the Elder coins now being farmable you have the potential to get 2 rolls on everyboss every week (depending on time contraints and drop rates).

480 is a logical step. I see nothing wrong with it.

My friends been doing lfr for 4 weeks still not 470 geared yet. He doesnt do dailies though so that could help but he only does dungeons and some LFR with me as well as doing old content for transmog stuff.

He will get there slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I think 480 is perfect. With the decrease in valor costs and the increased drop rate of gear in 5.0 LFR's, it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get catch up to ToT I imagine. And with the Elder coins now being farmable you have the potential to get 2 rolls on everyboss every week (depending on time contraints and drop rates).
    Blizzard really needs to make it straightforward to farm gear in 5-mans (and scenarios) that will get people into ToT LFR. Right now, all that someone who doesn't do organized raiding does in 5-mans and scenarios is kill time. 463 gear and gold is ... like ... why am I here? Oh, right, to collect valor I can't buy gear with.

480 isnt terribly hard to get, especially with increased drop rates of loot for 5.0 raids when 5.2 hits.
    Should take only a few LFR's to gain that.

I can see how 480 would be fairly hard to get if you're unlucky in LFR, only do LFR, and don't do dailies.

Blizzard should at least lower the rep requirements for all valor gear, at least. Make it all at friendly/honored, instead of honored/revered, or something. Otherwise, they're basically saying to optimally access content for the largest group of players, they HAVE to dailies, get really lucky, or wait a long time. Now, for me personally, that doesn't bother me. I'm a LFR only player, and I love dailies, plus, my main has an ilvl of 491, and at least one of my alts is 480. But a lot of people seemingly don't care for dailies, either. Lowering the valor cost of things isn't going to help that much if you still need that rep. (That being said, I do personally like things being tapered off like this, so I don't eat up all the content at once, but there still should be SOME compromises, and just lowering the valor cost of things isn't much. Unless they're insanely increasing drop rates in LFR, or something)

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    This is because you are doing normal mode raiding, and why are you talking about LFR?

Are you one of those organized raiders who goes into LFR just to shit on people?

If you think you can get from 463 blues to 480 by collecting about 1.5 pieces of 483 gear per week, in 2 weeks, then you're seriously fucking bad at math.
    Between crafted items, item upgrades, and PvP (conquest) items, normal mode raiding was not required.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, MSV is 460 (i think) HOF and TES is 470, it make sence to be 480 tbh, especially with the time we had to gear ourselves : / And the fact that when 5.2 will hit, all 3 old lfr will have a drop rate increase..
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2013-02-07 at 02:10 PM.