Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I ninja logged now and then, so no I do not frown upon it. Why would you waste your time with people you don't like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well telling them exactly what is wrong and giving advice before leaving is great
    Just telling them they suck and then leaving isn't much better then this socalled "ninjalogging". I am betting that the people receiving the comment that they suck, would also rather have you either explain a bit (not too much, no one asks for that) or a ninjalog as opposed to being sulted (even if it were a true comment).
    Well I never fully explained exactly what it is I would say. I would usually explain more than just saying they suck.
    Although sometimes just saying they suck is reason enough. I don't think not explaining is the same as ninjalogging, because ninjalogging does not give an explanation to anyone people just think you have d/cd. In this situation they know the reason I left was because they were bad. And it also allows the dungeon/raid to continue without me holding them back (they can do that themselves).
    I am usually one of the more vocal players in a dungeon or a raid, so by the time I'm leaving I've already explained most things to everyone. If someone needs me to explain any more of how shit they are then they don't deserve my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    This.
    If I could have done two dungeons in the amount of time it took to finish one, I would ninja dc.
    why would you "ninja dc" and not just tell them you are leaving and then leave? are you reall that much of a coward?

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I ninja logged now and then, so no I do not frown upon it. Why would you waste your time with people you don't like?
    why would you waste other people´s time? they are probably waiting for you to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Well I never fully explained exactly what it is I would say. I would usually explain more than just saying they suck.
    Although sometimes just saying they suck is reason enough. I don't think not explaining is the same as ninjalogging, because ninjalogging does not give an explanation to anyone people just think you have d/cd. In this situation they know the reason I left was because they were bad. And it also allows the dungeon/raid to continue without me holding them back (they can do that themselves).
    I am usually one of the more vocal players in a dungeon or a raid, so by the time I'm leaving I've already explained most things to everyone. If someone needs me to explain any more of how shit they are then they don't deserve my attention.
    i am one of those people who give you the boot because of your qqing and raging. how does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Yeah I thought that you didn't really explain it much hence I made a "joke" about it.

I have ninja logged after winning something and was #1 DPS, but that merits it I think.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Depends on who you speak of.

If I get asked for something that other people from the same server are doing, then I won't do that. I'll tell them and then leave.

If it's LFD/LFR, then I'm a bit of a different animal, but I'm also patient, still. I can handle some shit happening, but not from sheer stupidity and a lack of wanting to listen. If I see that someone is struggling through understanding a mechanic, I might be able to help, but if they are doing stupid shit and not taking advice, I don't have the time for that.

I'd never do that to guildies, though. Even in LFD/R, if there are other guildies, I'll wait until they make the move (especially if I'm a tank or healer, whose always harder to replace than a DPS).
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yes totally agree!

Errrrrr..........

Joking aside, what is the point in telling people (if you used these exact words) they are shit? Just tell them that this isn't going anywhere and you feel you can spend your time better someplace else. /leave
    True, valid point. You need to look at the context and the relation you have with other people in order to determine how you'll execute your exit strategy. Telling people they're shit does both you and the group more harm than good. Wait, you don't care? You might be raiding with some alts from respectable guilds, lowering your credibility. Being rude gets you nowhere (on Openraid gets you negative feedback).

i've only legitimately ninja logged once, and it was a 25m toc on anub. my friend's guild pugged me only for anub, and they were really laid back and everyone died to everything as the tank kited anub around...idk, it was really funny to everyone else to keep dying but i felt like my time was being wasted. for whatever reason, i thought going offline looked better than dropping group and hearthing out.

i think the way i behaved falls in line with what i believe to be okay for ninja logging. if the group you're with doesn't seem to give a fuck about getting anywhere, and you're not having a good time, you shouldn't be forced to be a martyr.

being a diva and ninja logging after one earnest attempt or accidental wipe, not okay.
    Sig by Populaire

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing I ninja log off of is league. WoW you can come and go freely so imo ninja loggers are just too emo to take two more seconds in their time to leave a group.