Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i frown upon it. Its rude no matter how bad a pug is going. If your going to leave just lie and say "Hey guys, sorry i gtg to work, cya" then leave the group and log off. That way we dont have to kick you or wait around trying to see if you dc'ed. If i ever have to leave a party in any game i just say "sry guys i gtg" then leave group.

Now i am all for helping people who may not be that talented progress, but i have on occasion dropped group out of frustrationand lack of caring. Usually i will say something before logging although i have hit the ol' wireless connection button on my laptop and go do somthing else.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even understand why people do this. If the PuG is terrible and one has no interest in continuing with them, why doesn't one just leave?

It doesn't even make sense. What is the benefit to logging out? Are you trying to save on hurting their feelings by faking a DC? All that does is inconvenience the party by making them waste a vote to kick on you rather than, say, the person in the party who was making it so terrible you wanted to leave.

Having been in that situation numerous times where I am stuck in some abysmal LFG where the tank is shockingly terrible and we're wiping because the healer can't keep him up and the mobs he doesn't have aggro on are running around chewing on folks, and right before we can kick the tank, someone logs out. So, great, now we have to waste a vote to kick on the offline guy (who is never the bad one), and now we're out of kicks or don't have enough people to boot the tank too. The misery continues.

If you want to leave, just leave.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

i can see why people did this pre cross realm LFD

but not now. but thats prob where this mentality comes from

course my personal experince in LFD/LFR is 9 times out of 10 once the people going on and on in chat how epic they are on their main and how everyone sucks leaves the group things generally go much smoother for the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    course my personal experince in LFD/LFR is 9 times out of 10 once the people going on and on in chat how epic they are on their main and how everyone sucks leaves the group things generally go much smoother for the run.
    Amazingly enough, the same is true of forums as well. Simple politeness goes a long way in most things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Did it once ...turned the power off. Roommate turns my computer back on and of course my vent automatically starts back up with me logged into vent channel. Didn't realize for 10 minutes and of course I wasn't invited to any more raids lol.

Deleted
    Ninja-logging and ninja-leaving happens far more often during the time the group is still forming than at any other time. It can even go so far that the group completely empties to the point the system disbands your group. The worst offenders are those that join and then leave like 10 seconds later. Such kinda people deserve an iron boot into their teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really go to raid pugs unless I'm drunk..

I'm a happy drunk so I generally stick around and help them sort shit out. Sometimes it works out well.

Oh but my realm is kinda dead and I usually cbf with all that bother (unless of course.. I've been drinking) so I've been in 4 (I think?) serious raid pugs in the past 2 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Time, however, is important. I don't stay with a group that will take 4x longer than they should when I could be doing something more productive.
    BINGO! ^

but I will also add that this is also a video game. If you're not having fun in what you're doing, it's time to change up.

If that means leaving a bad PUG only to enter into a good one or hit some PVP, go farm or run a dungeon.

So be it.

I don't approve ninja-looting in any way but simply logging off with no notice or just leaving the raid. No biggie.

If I'm not feeling the group, I simply state as such, and leave. Never felt the need for ninja logging.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the time.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Deleted
    Nope. I find it kinda childish, if the pug turns out to be bad with no hope of completing the raid in any realistic timeframe i just flat out tell what I think of this and leave.
    No, I don't rage quit or leave after 1 wipe. Hell I stayed in HOF pug on Ambershaper for 8 or 9 wipes, cos it was really random shit wiping us. After DCs were sorted out and bads replaced we killtd the boss and empress after that.
    But when half the raid doesn't know basic tactics, I leave because there's no point of wasting time.

Easy as that, no need to ninja log.

Sometimes it's not even because the group is bad. Like 5 months I've been waiting for a drop, and eventually I'll just be like why am I even playing this game and rage quit and won't come back for like a week lol. happens more often these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of the time, people ninja log to avoid the vent chatter of "hey man, please stay another time, we got this, we just have to regroup.. yadda yadda yadda" No one likes being begged to give it another shot.

That being said, I have caved in and given it another shot, even another two, three and so forth until my eyes bleed. Sometimes you just dont want to deal with the hassle. But being polite goes a long way!

Deleted
    I very rarely join PuGs, and if it's apparent that a boss in not going down I will just tell them that and leave.
    Oh and I seriously hope that the people in this thread don't call 1 or 2 wipes on some boss a "wipefest" though... You should always stay for at least 3-4+ tries in my opinion, especially if it looks like the boss will go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, if I have better things to go, I just say "Thanks, but this raid isn't as good as I expected" and leave.

If I'm just gonna play WoW, even if it's the worst raid of all time, I'll stick it out to the end.
    Howay the lads!

IMO people are bit too quick to judge and label someone as "ninja logging" or "ninja DCed". There might be power / network / whatever failure, or someone's dog/cat/toddler/other-funny-lifeform might decide to do funny things with computer equipment.

That said, I really don't understand why people can't state their reason and just leave. I do not feel obliged to remain within a group which clearly is going nowhere, no matter who they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I very rarely join PuGs, and if it's apparent that a boss in not going down I will just tell them that and leave.
    Oh and I seriously hope that the people in this thread don't call 1 or 2 wipes on some boss a "wipefest" though... You should always stay for at least 3-4+ tries in my opinion, especially if it looks like the boss will go down.
    But then the question could be asked, why get yourself involved with a group that can only down 1/6 HoF? It would be a waste of your time, and would limit your options of finding a pug again (if you happen to pug your raids)

Deleted
    Depends on my mood really. Sometimes i can handle it sometimes i can't

I have done it a couple of times in pugs, usually when something has dragged on until stupidly late and I had to go to work.

The reason why?

I can't be arsed being guilted into "one more try" or a 10 minute debate about it ^^