Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ninja logging is never ok. Don't be a coward. Have some spine, and just say that things aren't working out and leave instead. If you ninja log, it'll just leave the other people in the raid waiting for 5-20 minutes wondering if you just had a temporary disconnection. If you fake a DC, you're wasting the time of many people just because you're afraid of confrontations.

If i get things ninjaed off me i just dont care alot.. it happens. The other week on my warlock in Hcs to gear up a belt dropped (with spirit on) and the priest healer already had a HC belt (no spirit on) and i did need, Yes i admit it probs was wrong but i dont class it as ninjaing to me as the healer alreayd had somthing just as good. I was useing a green belt from questing. The healer did make an alt on my server to rage at me what i thought was abit over the top...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it considered Ninja logging if your net drops & you can't log back in for a hour or so ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Ninja logging is for pussies. Why not just explain them the raid wasn't wat you expected and just leave?
    Well, the thing is, do you want attention/drama to the issue or do you want to save your name or do you want to call it or do you want to grief.

I see 4 options, in random order:

1) Ninja logging. Advantages: no communication, you won't hear the drama related, silent drop. Disadvantages: you won't be able to give feedback or explain your reasoning, frowned upon, can waste people's time ("is the mage coming back or what?!").
    2) Tell why you leave and leave. Advantage: allows people to learn giving an explanation for your reaction. Disadvantage: criticism often not accepted from random strangers, can stir up needless debate and drama.
    3) Leave without saying. Advantage: you won't hear the drama. Disadvantage: if leaving early in instance you'll get debuff, whether justified or not it is often seen as ragequit or asocial (manual groups, or right after wipe in LFD/LFR), in a LFD/LFR person can have left cause mom told them to (nobody will know).
    4) AFK (in or out of instance). Do something else. Advantage: you won't get debuff. Disadvantage: you piss the whole group off, not just the person who grieved you, you get kicked which counts against your streak.

As one can observe there is no ideal way to leave the group because it differs on the situation and context. I prefer #2 by default or else #3 because the other two are more mean but sometimes people deserve a glass of water poured in their face in order to wake up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Is it considered Ninja logging if your net drops & you can't log back in for a hour or so ?
    LFD/LFR/BG: No. PuG raid etc (attendance or trade PuG): Yes.

More or less because people can consider whatever due to context. If you wiped 5 times and your net quits, well then people assume. In LFD/LFR/BG it is now generally considered acceptable that random people come and leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    It's not ninja logging, but people in a pug will generally assume that you ninja logged even if it was a real disconnection.

10+ Year Old Account
    It annoys me in DayZ, but in WoW, meh.

Each to their own I guess, until I finalise my rail gun.

I remember a time when a mate of mine, a resto druid was doing a dungeon just after they gave them a proper rez. Someone died, asked for a rez, he couldn't find it, panicked and alt+f4'ed. I lol'ed so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the group is terrible enough, I definitely understand.

Deleted
    I think that the "ninjalogging" trend was more of a vanilla/tbc/wotlk stuff, dont remember lots of people doing it these days so much anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ok, we have all had our fair share of being a part of terrible pugs. Now many of you may or may not have "Ninja Logged" before, but if you have, why did you do it?

Do you think it is okay to ninja log if the raid is terrible and things are going badly? Or do you stick it out to the bitter end, continuously wiping?
    I actually despised alt-f4ers when I was a GM/RL. My guild was maybe 10th on server (10m) and got burned out from the fails that when I joined the #1 guild on the server and they couldn't comprehend after 2 pulls how the crystals worked on HGuards I went about 3-4 more pulls and alt-f4ed, haven't played WoW since.

My case was probably a little extraordinary though considering I was so burned out from previous "fails" that the littlest fail from a "top guild" set me off as being done with WoW. Truthfully though, do people not read debuffs after 5 pulls?

So, in a way I totally understand why people could want to (and do) alt-f4 anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 08:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    If i get things ninjaed off me i just dont care alot.. it happens. The other week on my warlock in Hcs to gear up a belt dropped (with spirit on) and the priest healer already had a HC belt (no spirit on) and i did need, Yes i admit it probs was wrong but i dont class it as ninjaing to me as the healer alreayd had somthing just as good. I was useing a green belt from questing. The healer did make an alt on my server to rage at me what i thought was abit over the top...
    Ninja logging isn't ninja looting?

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Ninja logging is never ok. Don't be a coward. Have some spine, and just say that things aren't working out and leave instead. If you ninja log, it'll just leave the other people in the raid waiting for 5-20 minutes wondering if you just had a temporary disconnection. If you fake a DC, you're wasting the time of many people just because you're afraid of confrontations.
    Correction, they'll only care about "waiting" for you if you were the one doing all the carrying. If it's the lowest DPS or healer or a tank who can't keep aggro you'll love the fact they went offline. =D

I will try to stick it out, especially if the group is nice.
    There are a few circumstances that come into play though:

A) Is this a private guild run and is the content progression for the group?

I have been invited to private pugs and will stick around if I know this is important progression for the group. That includes coming back to raids to follow up on anything that didn't work out. This usually constitutes a lot of wipes, and even if I have the kill on a boss, don't mind doing this to help others in some way/shape or form.

B) Is the group nice? Are they patient?

I have stuck around in pugs for hours of wipes if the environment is positive and nice. I understand that sometimes things happen, or that it may take a while for random people to be synergistic with each other. Hearing people argue/yell/or name call makes me cringe though, and I will consider leaving. If someone is improperly handling a mechanic, there is a way to tell them without being nasty. If someone can't get a mechanic down, then simply warning them of being replaced can be enough. If not, you can be nice about how you handle a removal. I have watched people graciously step out when they realize they aren't DPS'ing/Healing high enough, learning the fight or having a bad night. I have a lot of respect for people and RL's who do this nicely.

C) If its been hours and I simply just don't see any type of improvement, I will be honest and give warning beforehand. Something to the effect of: "Guys, I have a few tries left in me, but after that I'm going to go relax." Usually that gets the point across that they may need to find a DPS/Healer soon.

D) Did they do something that would warrant this?

If people are doing things like intentionally facepulling bosses/wiping a raid, ninja'ing loot, or trying to screw people in some way - I'll leave immediately. No forewarning needed IMO. I still don't ninja log in that case though.

I've ninja-logged a very minimal amount of times playing the game: I don't see the need. You can be courteous and bow out of a situation without causing a ruckus.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-02-07 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    I'm in a casual raiding guild (2 nights 2.5 hours) that's doing HoF normal. So, every now and then I'll start a vaults pug out of boredom, getting some alts geared, etc.

Actually did one yesterday. Started fairly late, about 2130 ST and we would be calling it at 2300ST. After two or three wipes on stone guardians due to people actually expecting it to be "LFR with more health", all the actual baddies left or ninjalogged. We soon replaced them, and really started the raid seriously around 2200ST. The baddies left, we kept the motivated ones, and cleared four bosses in a little under an hour.

Moral of the story: People ninjalogging or bailing in general are much appreciated. It just shows they were bad all along, weren't interested in comitting to the task at hand, so I'd much rather replace them asap. In my opinion, it's not the heroic raiders that are used to clearing normal in an hour that leave. It's the baddies that expect it to be LFR-Style-Faceroll-Time that leave.

(For instance, we had a 9/16H raider join us for the run. He stuck with us untill the very end, even though we didn't one-shot a single boss on normal apart from the spirit kings.)

As for myself, I don't think I've ever ninjalogged. I'll generally tell them I'm leaving for reason X, teleport to stormwind and leave the party. I sometimes log after that to an alt, to avoid any whisper-drama. Easily the last 20 groups I've left prematurily were LFR groups in mop and 4.3. I don't join endgame pugs so I guess that helps.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-02-07 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    not without saying anything first.
    no reason to log out without first leaving group or saying you're going, you're just wasting other peoples time if they think you're coming back.

Deleted
    People who log like that are dicks.
    Just leave the group if you don't want to be part of it. Make your excuse and leave. It's not like anyone's going to be able to force you to stay or anything. It's also more beneficial for the group if you just leave so you can be replaced as opposed to you dcing.

I've had shit groups and I'll tell them they're shit before I leave the group and do something else. Logging off seems pointless unless you intended to log off anyway, at which point just leave then log. No doubt you joined the instance from a city anyway so it's faster like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    People who log like that are dicks.
    Yes totally agree!
    I'll tell them they're shit before I leave the group
    Errrrrr..........

Joking aside, what is the point in telling people (if you used these exact words) they are shit? Just tell them that this isn't going anywhere and you feel you can spend your time better someplace else. /leave

Never did it. It's pretty easy to figure out what you're getting into by looking up the leader on armory and wowprogress. If I don't like what I'm seeing I'll just leave the group before the raid even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    Funny how no one here is ever the guy wiping a raid themselves.
    Isn't it?

My experience with the sort of pugs that aren't always stellar is this: A wipe or 2 weeds out the sensitive types, and in almost all cases, once they're replaced, things go smoothly.

I have been in ones that simply imploded after 2 wipes, leaving maybe something like 2 dps and a healer But this is the exception rather than the rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Errrrrr..........

Joking aside, what is the point in telling people (if you used these exact words) they are shit? Just tell them that this isn't going anywhere and you feel you can spend your time better someplace else. /leave
    Surely it's better to tell them than to not tell them, by not telling them they are not aware of why I left, I'm just giving them information which I hope they are then using. The blame is not mine to take. The reason I was leaving in the first place was because the other people in the group were causing failure. I don't just throw it around willy-nilly, I'll say it when it's pertinent.

Surely it's better to tell them than to not tell them, by not telling them they are not aware of why I left, I'm just giving them information which I hope they are then using. The blame is not mine to take. The reason I was leaving in the first place was because the other people in the group were causing failure. I don't just throw it around willy-nilly, I'll say it when it's pertinent.
    Well telling them exactly what is wrong and giving advice before leaving is great
    Just telling them they suck and then leaving isn't much better then this socalled "ninjalogging". I am betting that the people receiving the comment that they suck, would also rather have you either explain a bit (not too much, no one asks for that) or a ninjalog as opposed to being sulted (even if it were a true comment).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Time, however, is important. I don't stay with a group that will take 4x longer than they should when I could be doing something more productive.
    This.
    If I could have done two dungeons in the amount of time it took to finish one, I would ninja dc.