Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Windrunner sister. More trouble then there worth?

Everyone often talks about the windrunner sisters, that being Sylvanas, Vereesa and Alleria, and how important there role is given how the three of them have been involved in so many major events in the last decade of storytelling in warcraft.

Although I don't usually take an intrest in much of the elven lore in wow, I've found these three and there influence on the lore can't really be avoided. And upon seeing what Sylvanas has done as the banshee queen and her hardened nature, then seeing how singly bias or underhanded Veressa is, even back in wrath being the crow in rhonin's ear, and then reading the novels with Alleria and her higher class attitude towards others, it makes me wonder... arn't these three more trouble then they are a benefit?

At this point, very few like Sylvanas for what she is doing, and you can be assured what she is doing comes from her natural windrunner attitude, not from being an undead but just from how she acts upon things.
    You can compare this kind of activity when you see how Veressa acted against the sunreavers in the purging of dalaran, again, another windrunner sister who acts strongly on aggression then thought or patience.

Well I can understand the appeal of having such overly aggression characters in the story, fact is, none of the three sisters seem to bring anything but trouble to matters, for either the horde or alliance. To that, shouldn't it be more a concern when they get involved in horde or alliance affairs then thinking 'oh thats a relief', the kind of characters that would sooner blow up the orphanage to stop the kidnapper then actually track him down.

I've not often talked of them, infact I've never talked of them (until this very moment) so I think you're not quite on the mark with your claim that everyone often talks of them.....

Deleted
    That's a nice litte picture there, to answer the question, practically yes they are more trouble than they're worth. For the sake of the lore the windrunner sisters need to remain active in the story. Sylvanas is an essential character to warcraft and to this day and yes in this very thread there will be arguments about her. WoW can't loose a character like that, it gets people interested and keeps things fresh. Vereesa will hopefully come more into the fold now she's got what she wanted out of the Kirin Tor albeit her husband had to die for this to be a reality and will start chopping up Horde and more importantly perhaps the forsaken aswell.

Alleria, well.. as Blizzard says on their little loading screens "nobody has seen Turalyon or Alleria for years..." nice to have a little mystery left in this universe but I'm a fan of the three and warcraft will surely be worse off without them.

My question is where is Veressa and Alleria kids. They should be full grown by now. I would rather see the boys in action now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    My question is where is Veressa and Alleria kids. They should be full grown by now. I would rather see the boys in action now!
    Alleria's son is in the main Alliance base in Hellfire Peninsula I think.

Alleria always seemed like the most level-headed of the three. Even her memorial statue in front of Stormwind shows Sylvanas saying Alleria was the best of the sisters. Reading the novels, Turalyon definitely had a positive influence on her. I do see where you're coming from, though. Vereesa's actions caught me off guard but didn't really shock me since she was a hothead in the past.

We should get a movement pushing for them to be more in lore kinda like anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    then seeing how singly bias or underhanded Veressa is
    I never understood people's dislike of Vereesa. She never did anything truly monstrous, and always had very personal reasons to not like and distrust the Horde. You know, having your whole family murdered by orcs and trolls, then being exiled from your own ancestral home by her own bethren would make anyone bitter. Having your husband killed by Horde (made possible by a Blood Elf betrayal) didn't make matters any more easier for her.

What she did to the Blood Elves in Dalaran was the same she and other High Elves suffered themselves when they were expelled from Quel'thalas. Except that they were expelled for no good reason.

Since them she's been anti-Horde, but it's not trying to murder every orc she meets. She distrust them and does not want to associate with them. She's ruthless sometimes, but never gone out of her way to do anything against the Horde. Actually, she was pretty restrained while everyone else was neutral; she voiced her opinions but did not act. Now, it's finally time to act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I never understood people's dislike of Vereesa. She never did anything truly monstrous, and always had very personal reasons to not like and distrust the Horde. You know, having your whole family murdered by orcs and trolls, then being exiled from your own ancestral home by her own bethren would make anyone bitter. Having your husband killed by Horde (made possible by a Blood Elf betrayal) didn't make matters any more easier for her.

What she did to the Blood Elves in Dalaran was the same she and other High Elves suffered themselves when they were expelled from Quel'thalas. Except that they were expelled for no good reason.

Since them she's been anti-Horde, but it's not trying to murder every orc she meets. She distrust them and does not want to associate with them. She's ruthless sometimes, but never gone out of her way to do anything against the Horde. Actually, she was pretty restrained while everyone else was neutral; she voiced her opinions but did not act. Now, it's finally time to act.
    oh shush we all know any opinion that views the hordes actions as wrong is false and the horde is simply the victim.

on a real note of course shes going to be angry and bitter. we have the benefit of not living in this fantasy world where families are destroyed by the actions of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Alleria's son is in the main Alliance base in Hellfire Peninsula I think.
    Yes, Arator the Redeemer is the half-elven son of Turalyon and Alleria. I find it strange they reduced him to only a random npc that walks around Honor Hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Yes, Arator the Redeemer is the half-elven son of Turalyon and Alleria. I find it strange they reduced him to only a random npc that walks around Honor Hold.
    does he even have quests? i think u talk to him for one, thats about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    does he even have quests? i think u talk to him for one, thats about it.
    Nope, no quests. You just talk to him and he'll say stuff about his dreams. He pats around Honor Hold and will talk with the drunken priest and Danath too.

The Windrunner sisters all have quite the anger issues, some more others less Sylvanas and Vereesa had about the same temper when alive, Alleria on the other hand was the most hotheaded. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Sylvanas and Allerias role had been reversed, the resulting Banshee Queen would have most likely been even more unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Windrunner sisters all have quite the anger issues, some more others less Sylvanas and Vereesa had about the same temper when alive, Alleria on the other hand was the most hotheaded. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if Sylvanas and Allerias role had been reversed, the resulting Banshee Queen would have most likely been even more unstable.
    If Alleria was the Banshee Queen she would have personally killed the Lich King(not some crappy human paladin) and then continue on with anyone else that threatened her. I wouldnt say she would be more unstable, since her character was just driven by a high hatred toward Orcs for what they did, she would be more driven and ruthless. The only thing that can really stop her is Turalyon but if hes dead all bets are off.

It will be very interesting to see what happens if Alleria and Turalyon return. My prediction is that she will have turned her hatred toward the Legion and try to rehabilitate the relationship between her sisters. Sylvanas would be hard since she is now undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood people's dislike of Vereesa. She never did anything truly monstrous, and always had very personal reasons to not like and distrust the Horde.
    I've very much shared that train of thought with Vereesa. Her reasons are valid, particularly those surrounding Blood Elves.

I never understood people's dislike of Vereesa.
    Most people just disliked her because Knaak created her to be the elven womb for Rhonin's awesome kids.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to go off topic.

Anybody else get the feeling Vereesa Windrunner will not last the expansion?

Rumours are Sylvanas will be one of the major character to publicly turn against Garrosh. What better way to do this by Garrosh killing her sister.

Deleted
    I love how people continue to argue that Sylvanas is the best character in Warcraft because the majority of players despise her.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I honestly just disagree with the bold part above.
    I just don't see how her being a Windrunner has anything to do with her gathering Val'kyr or trying to raise more dead/forsaken folk.

Sure, as an elf from Quel'Thalas she may be a little... uppity, thinking she is better than others but really, her name means nothing in terms of her attitude. What she has been through is more likely to be the biggest factor to drive her to certain things.

FYI: I feel I should point out that I'm no Sylvanas fanboy and that I don't even play Horde before I get accused of somehow "loving" her >_>

As for Vereesa and Alleria;
    I wouldn't call Vereesa the "crow in Rhonin's ear". I'd call her his wife lol Besides, I doubt she's overly happy that he's now dead
    Alleria also changed during the novels, I felt. She was of the "I'm better than you" attitude but through spending time with Turalyon and such, she did seem to soften and change a little. How long has she been off on some other world with him now? I'm sure she's likely changed a fair bit considering the places she could possibly be. Turalyon too.
    No dude... Sylvanas threw her minions to sure dead in the name of keeping her record of victories when he defended Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon. Not to mention the cruelty over trolls, just because they were not on her people's side.They were treated as inferior, even as objects. She was ALWAYS like that. The scorned spirits on the Windrunner property at Ghostlands would like to have a chat about that.

Vereesa spent most of her time trying to convince Rhonin it was a good idea to keep the Horde as enemies, while fighting Malygos and crawling around the Lich King's backdoor. "Yeah, sweet. That is a GREAT idea to spread the Kirin Tor forces thin, because your PERSONAL affair with a faction."

Which finally brings me to Alleria. If Vereesa was married with Rhonin (don't know what he saw on her) and yet still the same bitch as her undead sister, why would we believe that Turalyon had any more success in softening his Windrunner?

No, forget them, they are beyond any help. All we can hope is that the twins, which still not adults by this time, go towards Arator's way and took more from the father side, than the mother's. Specially considering that the poor twin kids lost their good influence, but still have the bad influence of the mother. Something that Arator was luckier, and lost the bad influence ahead the father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I love how people continue to argue that Sylvanas is the best character in Warcraft because the majority of players despise her.
    GG with assuming things. I couldn't care less about if "the majority of players despise her", I've always thought she was a very interesting character and I still think so. What other people thinks about a fictional character has no effect on what I think about it, nor should it. No idea where you got your "facts" from with the majority of people despising her. I've seen quite a lot of people that like her, that despise her and that doesn't care for her at all.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt