Deleted

2 disc in 10m working or not?

Heya,

In my 10m raid group we have 1 shamy main healer and myself i am shadow with the disc offspec for the fights its needed.
    Now my raid leader invited another priest to be on of the main healers..
    Now my question is.. in a 10 man group on fights where we need 3 healers... is 2 disc together ever gona work?
    to my knowledge its not.. PW: S interfearce with eachother and i thought 1 DA/SS would be going over the other one.

also thinking of passing my raidspot cause we ar gona run with 4/5 clothies and shadow dps aint that great
    Last edited by mmocc8a4e91472; 2013-02-06 at 05:59 PM.

it'll get somewhat annoying trying to manage mana on some single tank fights, but it's do-able. when i end up healing on windlord with another disc priest, i just PWS myself and stand in a corrosive pool until rapture procs if i can't get a PWS on our tank. spirit shells stack from multiple targets - you'll see multiple spirit shell icons with your other temporary buffs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your initial impression is correct. There are less than a handful of circumstances in which having 2 disc healers in 10 man will work well. One of them is having one priest going FULL smite atonement healing (spec- and gear-wise, in other words, stack haste and crit, practically neglect mastery, and have sufficient spirit to last the fight), and the other one having a mastery-heavy spec, focusing on blanketing the raid with shields for predictable AoE damage, and using the rest of the healing toolkit outside of these phases. In heavy-constant AoE damage fights though, you would probably fall behind, because, throughput-wise, we suck, and those kind of encounters eat up our shields really quickly, even if you alternate SS, it's a very mana-intensive way of healing.

Even in 25-man's you get PW:Shield interference sometimes (though very rarely). IF you assign priority shield targets (you take MT and the other guy the OT), that helps a lot with that problem, but sometimes one of you will shield the other tank for any number of reasons, messing up that rapture rotation, and probably others to follow.

I would advise against it. If either you or the new priest knows how to play holy, I advise, that you follow that path, because the synergies will be better all around.
    Last edited by Yetiman; 2013-02-06 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Corrections
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

10 man disc is mostly atonement in between your SSs anyway. in general you can just go haste/crit in 10 mans anyways as it's not hard to cap out a spirit shell on two groups. there's really no reason to go holy - its raid cooldowns are terrible and chakra (+you don't keep evangelism up in normal holy healing play) makes it awkward to push out extra dps at the end of a close fight. a 10 man disc priest's damage is also pretty significant - 40-50k usually.

Deleted
    Two discs isn't quite optimal but as long as you're only doing it on 3 healer fights I don't see massive issues (do spec holy for Tsulong though), at least if your third healer is a solid tankhealer. It'll also completely trivalize certain encounters with double shell. Not being able to get as many PW:S procs is a bit of an issue, but you don't need to spam PoH to the same extent in 10 man either.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    10 man disc is mostly atonement in between your SSs anyway. in general you can just go haste/crit in 10 mans anyways as it's not hard to cap out a spirit shell on two groups. there's really no reason to go holy - its raid cooldowns are terrible and chakra (+you don't keep evangelism up in normal holy healing play) makes it awkward to push out extra dps at the end of a close fight. a 10 man disc priest's damage is also pretty significant - 40-50k usually.
    This is truer now that a lot people have geared up, but I don't know how feasible it is if you're progressing in hard modes, etc. Either way, seeing as your MS is shadow, you should have no problem gear-wise when it comes to smite-spec (except gear with hit on it; it becomes absolutely useless, and should be switched, unless your replacement piece for that slot is way below iLevel-wise, anything below 13 iLevels should not be considered, or you don't have one; in either case you should get said replacement piece).
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    2 disc can work very well. Imagine you rotate your SS and have it up 50% of the time instead of 25%.

One problem is indeed rapture on a fight where tank gets primary damage.

Given the state of shadow there are no fights you want 2 shadow priests. Let the healer who is MS healer get a disc and holy spec, and help them out with their dailies

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:00 PM ----------

PS: Also, as shadow MS and human you shouldn't get any gear with hit on it, to get past the PP of Pandaren racial.

Deleted
    It's not something i'd run given the option but it can definitely work with a little coordination can even offer up some strong benefits

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really clear if you're saying you would quit the raid/guild or reroll, but if you are interested in staying there, I don't see how it would be a problem for you to learn holy for three healer fights if the new main spec priest is main spec disc. Granted, I've been playing priest since early BC but I don't think holy is all that difficult to pick up so that you'd do at least an adequate amount to support your other two healers when you're needed, and in the mean time, healing is just your offspec.

Let the new mainspec healer choose which spec works best for them and choose the one they're not healing with. I've tried to heal raids with multiple disc priests before and it's never turned out very well...without very good communication you're going to just end up frustrated about rapture and your mana returns and weakened soul debuff.

It can be done but disc works better with a HoT class im most cases IMO.

Deleted
    We worked it out a bit, for some fights where i need to offheal he is going holy now.
    on other fights we both stay disc (HC spiritbinder) 70k dps atonement seems to work wel