Signature Guidelines Need To Change

This is the second time I have received an infraction due to a signature violation. Let me put my sig here so you can see how completely uncalled for this is:

Now, I made sure the picture was 500px by 100px, and yet i still get an infraction? Why have such strict rules about signatures when they fit well within the parameters and they look good and unobtrusive?

Please I would really like a mod reply to this.

Edit: Furthermore, how can you tell if a picture fits within the parameters you have selected?

Maximum signature filesize: 50kB total. If you have multiple images then the filesize is added between them. Smilies also count.
    it's too big

I'm fairly sure from when i had a signature like that that it was 450px by 100px?
    but i like my quote now anyway

(if above poster is correct then ignore me)
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Adding anything underneath / above / next to the picture will add to the size of your already limited 500x100 pixel signature.

They are actually pretty lenient towards that, I had a lot of excess text on my old signature and I was told that was the reason for the infraction. I have since only left the sig + the designer of said sig and it has been ok thus far.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is the second time I have received an infraction due to a signature violation. Let me put my sig here so you can see how completely uncalled for this is:

Now, I made sure the picture was 500px by 100px, and yet i still get an infraction? Why have such strict rules about signatures when they fit well within the parameters and they look good and unobtrusive?

Please I would really like a mod reply to this.

Edit: Furthermore, how can you tell if a picture fits within the parameters you have selected?
    Your sig is 94kb in size which is almost double the allowed size. Right click on your sig and click *view image info*

So while your sig is within the constraints of 500x100 pixels its file size is over the 50kb limit.

images may not have a height over 100 pixels, width exceeding 500 pixels, and file size exceeding 50kb
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-02-06 at 06:06 PM.

you probably had some text in your signature too or something

i do agree that it is a bit ridiculous, hence why i have chosen not to use a signature picture at all

but i personally just think that you're better off just forgetting the option even exists. I feel sorry for people who don't know what a photoshop or image editing software is with the puny 20 kb Avatar filesize.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Your sig is 94kb in size which is almost double the allowed size. Right click on your sig and click *view image info*

So while your sig is within the constraints of 500x100 pixels its file size is over the 50kb limit.
    This is exactly why. In the future please either PM a mod or Sunshine if you have a question about an infraction. Making threads about infractions isn't productive and is actually also against the rules.

Side note, if you're unsure about a signature and want to make sure it's ok, you can PM any mod and they'll be very happy to help.