Thread: Silences

Silences

Any other DK that pvps have an issue with being made near useless by silences as a melee? In my opiion I think it's the biggest load of crap that a melee can be rendered completely useless through BOTH disarm and silence effects.

wait, you're casting spells AND do melee dmg? then what you describe is the opposite of "the biggest load of crap", but rational.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed this at all. The only thing that stops me in arena with a silence is my death coil, icy touch, chains of ice, and D&D. Your strikes are not affected.

I think its a good balance where it is. Where others are disabled completely by one, it requires both to fully shut us down. While this problem is fairly unique for melee, looking at something like a mage and we got off pretty good.

Sure, it means that the number of classes that can disable us is more. But each disable means much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I haven't noticed this at all. The only thing that stops me in arena with a silence is my death coil, icy touch, chains of ice, and D&D. Your strikes are not affected.
    And Icebound, AMS, Silence, Ghoul Sac, Lichborne Healing (DC), etc. People don't silence DKs to stop damage, ppl silence DKs to kill them with no defensive abilities. It would be like saying you could blanket silence a warrior and he could not shield wall, die by the sword, heroic leap, etc. Now does it seem silly to you?