Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I may regret this, because I don't know that I can capture every one and we iterate on this stuff really rapidly. We may change a number one day and change it again the next when we look at AE or PvP damage or whatever. If frequent iteration scares you, look away! But in the interest of providing context and helping theorycrafting, I'll give it a go.

    DPS Tuning Adjustments

    - Balance - Increased Starfire, Wrath and Starsurge by 9%.
    Now a bit more excited, yes! :P

  2. #22
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,751
    RBG wise boomkins are not in a bad spot, they we are getting a little nerf with displacer beast but other classes are getting a lot of nerfs. SO we may come out as one of the better classes.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I can tell you one thing... Unerring Vision of Lei Shen

    just broke all caster classes with DoTs - Starsurge Procs Galore, Warlocks with full set of DoTs that crit, Fire Mage with 100% crit combust?!?
    I'm very curious to see what the ICD for this will be. Sounds so broken.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    I'm very curious to see what the ICD for this will be. Sounds so broken.
    especially considering theres another trinket that gives almost 3% crit. on top of our 2p. with these new trinkets we'll theoretically be able to extend 2 CA dots a long, long time. its going to wreck

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 04:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Now a bit more excited, yes! :P
    honestly 9% seems like a bit much, especially on starsurge. 5% sounds more reasonable
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-02-09 at 04:18 AM.

  5. #25
    Blademaster Juvenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Another problem, from my pov, is that players used to spam abilities like me, will try to click the ground as fast as possible with the result of losing your target because you clicked the ground :S

    I'd prefer the treants to be summoned like mage's mirror images do
    This is actually how the Resto version works. There is no targeting circle.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I can tell you one thing... Unerring Vision of Lei Shen

    just broke all caster classes with DoTs - Starsurge Procs Galore, Warlocks with full set of DoTs that crit, Fire Mage with 100% crit combust?!?
    ummm, that will be nice for pvp too....YAAAAAAAAY

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I can tell you one thing... Unerring Vision of Lei Shen

    just broke all caster classes with DoTs - Starsurge Procs Galore, Warlocks with full set of DoTs that crit, Fire Mage with 100% crit combust?!?
    That thing just seems unbalanced as hell.

  8. #28
    DoTs, surprisingly enough, scale dynamically with crit. It's actually not that strong for Afflilocks as it may at first seem, since it will only affect 1-2 ticks per DoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    FoN has two issues:

    As Kilma said, it doesn't scale with Solar Eclipse.

    Also, there's a delay after you dropping them until it gets it's first cast off. This causes it to lose a few casts from it's hypothetical maximum. If it were to begin instantly casting the moment you summoned them (or the duration was extended to account for it), combined with Solar Eclipse, it might be okay. Currently each treant loses 1-2 casts a piece (so 3-6 casts, which is a considerable amount).
    Neither of those are actual issues. They are balanced around not doing that. They're just to weak overall.

    I wouldn't want them to scale with Solar anyway, as that would make their timing extremely annoying and constantly change depending on our haste levels. At most, they should scale with mastery.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-02-09 at 04:36 PM.

  9. #29
    I really hope they remove the current ground targeting from Force of Nature, it's pointless and annoying. I hope it becomes a viable talent because being forced into the same spec for the next tier will be boring and defeats the whole object of the new talent trees.

  10. #30
    That trinket... Wow.

    Brings me back to when dots originally started being capable of crits at the start of ICC. I had some fun tiemz on my Warlock rolling 70-75% crit Corruption over the course of an entire fight due to trinket and pot!

  11. #31
    High Overlord zen0x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    That trinket... Wow.

    Brings me back to when dots originally started being capable of crits at the start of ICC. I had some fun tiemz on my Warlock rolling 70-75% crit Corruption over the course of an entire fight due to trinket and pot!
    Except that DoTs don't snapshot your crit value when applied like they do with spell power and haste, they take your current crit value for every single tick.
    Join the Dark Side, they haz cookies!



    Atheism and religion are two sides of the same coin. One uses its head, where the other relies on tales.

  12. #32
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by babuka View Post
    Except that DoTs don't snapshot your crit value when applied like they do with spell power and haste, they take your current crit value for every single tick.
    They did back then.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Now a bit more excited, yes! :P
    Where is that quote from?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
    Where is that quote from?
    Blue post from Ghostcrawler : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ssues-part-ii/

    Near the end

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    They did back then.
    Is it confirmed whether or not crit scales dynamically or snapshot with dots for moonkin? I honestly don't know.

    Apparently it's snapshot for shadow-priests, so the trinket is broken for them. I don't know about warlocks or fire-mages.

  16. #36
    Pandaren Monk Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,773
    I might swap to my Balance/Guardian alt for good this time, since my Elemental Shaman looks like he'll be the worst thing since boysbands for another tier.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Is it confirmed whether or not crit scales dynamically or snapshot with dots for moonkin? I honestly don't know.

    Apparently it's snapshot for shadow-priests, so the trinket is broken for them. I don't know about warlocks or fire-mages.
    99% sure it's the only stat that scales dynamically with out DoTs. However, crit (rating) procs are very hard to test, given the nature of crit.

  18. #38
    This trinket might actually help in that regard.

  19. #39
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I can tell you one thing... Unerring Vision of Lei Shen

    just broke all caster classes with DoTs - Starsurge Procs Galore, Warlocks with full set of DoTs that crit, Fire Mage with 100% crit combust?!?
    Trying to undetstand this, the upgrades provide 104% and 107% extra crit, I thought if it is 100% then you will always crit? Or because of our level a 100% would not be good enough for bosses and be really like 93%?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  20. #40
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Trying to undetstand this, the upgrades provide 104% and 107% extra crit, I thought if it is 100% then you will always crit? Or because of our level a 100% would not be good enough for bosses and be really like 93%?
    Item upgrades will not be available in 5.2.

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •