Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More Stable Slots is needed

Am i the only one who feels that blizzard should increases stable slots for hunter pets. so that the stables can hold a total 30-40 pets, up from the standard 20? i am even ok with them charging gold at a stable master to do so, but i feel with all the new pets that they have to track and tame, the new dino pets in 5.2, the new pet skins in 5.1, the spirit beasts in cataclysm and Wrath, plus the 1000 other pets(skins and colors included), the molten front rares, there is a big demand from most hunters i talk to about wanting this, and its not even a big change to make in game.

How do u guys feel about this, would u want it? i know some doesnt care about it,but i know some hunters love taming new pets. and i feel that we shouldnt have to delete pets we waited days, weeks, camping and waiting for that certain rare to respawn, just to tame a new one in a new patch.

Deleted
    I personally only need about 4 more slots, with those I can fit all the buffs and debuffs I need as well as hold my favorite pet(s). But Blizzard already said it wasn't going to happen so I don't have much faith in getting those.

I just want my pet slots to change based on my spec, so I dont have to block out a survival pet with a corehound in case a group needs lust.

It's such a ridiculous system where I have to change specs to even add exotic pets to my bar, and yet when I change spec the pets I have out don't change.

I would love 10 more stable slots, even if those slots were for BM only pets. It kinda annoys me that I now feel forced into specific lineup of pet types just for stampede buffs, when we didn't get offered any more slots (for soloing obviously, people cover the buffs in raids).

Also puts me off playing anything but BM when I can't use half of my stable in another spec...

They should just add it as a gold sink - I'd happily pay 10k for 10 more slots.

Or they could add some way of recording all the 'rare' pets you've already tamed and allow you to use those with the 20 pet slots on the side for any other pets; by rare I'm excluding vanilla 'rares' - just pets like the mop tames, spirit beasts, krush, sambas, etc.

Either way, as someone has said, pretty sure they've already said no to this idea. Just have to try to keep any unique skins that will be a nightmare to get now due to CRZ, and if you must abandon it then make sure you remember the pets name, in case you ever want a GM restore it.

On the bright side I havent even really seen a MoP rare I felt I had to tame - they're ok; I loved the blue direhorn until they decided to reskin it for no reason and I think the new spirit beasts are horrible. All the original MoP rares are just shared model that are all over the zones in a slightly different colour... hardly awe inspiring. Give me some pet versions of the A.Celestials or some 'Sha-touched' models as pets and I'll be all over them.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-02-06 at 10:34 PM.

Now the big thing is, how do we get Blizz to see this and make an effort to implement it?

This isn't pokemon blizzard probably won't add anymore be lucky you have the amount you have now. Get the pet's you love the most and will use and be happy with them. I personally only have 6 pets. My first pet I obtained and the 5 I use all the time which have been with me for quite a while now.

There's no limit to the number of different Companion Pets you can get (although, I suppose a cap of three of each), but there's a hard cap on how many Hunter pets you can have?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to have a separate 5-10 stable for exotic pets on
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    This isn't pokemon blizzard probably won't add anymore be lucky you have the amount you have now. Get the pet's you love the most and will use and be happy with them. I personally only have 6 pets. My first pet I obtained and the 5 I use all the time which have been with me for quite a while now.
    for someone saying that this isnt pokemon, must not realize that there is basically a pokemon system in game called pet battles... and i believe blizz will add them eventually, will just take a lil time to get that idea to them. but really, wow has turned into a pokemon side game.

Deleted
    What exactly is the need for more stable slots?
    You can only use one pet at a time, so that is no reason for more stable slots.
    You can only use up to five different pets for stampede, so that is no reason for more stable slots.
    You can store pets in the stables, so that is no reason for more stable slots.

If you want to play "Gotta Catch 'Em All" there is Pet Battles for that where you can store up to 650 different battle pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Basic Fail View Post
    The major substantive argument for more stable slots is that, with the changes to pet abilities, buffs, and debuffs over the years, we no longer have enough space to store all our options (if you include exotics). If our stables are full and we suddenly discover a need for a buff, debuff, or utility ability we don't have tamed, we need to abandon a pet and go tame a different one.

To cover this problem, only about ten more slots (one page) are needed, with having a little extra room for the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    To cover this problem, only about ten more slots (one page) are needed, with having a little extra room for the future.
    So you are saying that there are roughly 35 different buffs/debuffs/utility abilities pets can bring?

If you are soloing you rarely really need a buff (let alone all of the buffs) as most things will go down fairly quickly.
    If you are doing PvP do you have time to switch pets for different buffs/debuffs or utility abilities?
    If you are raiding most buffs/debuffs are already covered by other classes especially in 25 man.

You only need about 10 to 15 pets to cover everything you need.
    The rest of the stable slots can be used for different looking pets, but you don't truly NEED all of the spirit beasts and the molten front rares.

Yes it would be nice if you can store them all, but it is not needed, thus Blizzard will not add more stable slots as there are way more important things they need to do (like fixing power shot and pet bugs).

You can only use one pet at a time, so that is no reason for more stable slots.
    You can only use up to five different pets for stampede, so that is no reason for more stable slots.
    You can store pets in the stables, so that is no reason for more stable slots.

If you want to play "Gotta Catch 'Em All" there is Pet Battles for that where you can store up to 650 different battle pets.
    I can't speak for the others but my objection wasn't raised out of a sense of entitlement, it was relating to pets not swapping when you change spec.

Why should I have to ruin my Stampede with a duplicate pet so I can save a spot for an exotic on the offchance my guild needs lust on a particular fight?

So you are saying that there are roughly 35 different buffs/debuffs/utility abilities pets can bring?

If you are soloing you rarely really need a buff (let alone all of the buffs) as most things will go down fairly quickly.
    If you are doing PvP do you have time to switch pets for different buffs/debuffs or utility abilities?
    If you are raiding most buffs/debuffs are already covered by other classes especially in 25 man.

You only need about 10 to 15 pets to cover everything you need.
    The rest of the stable slots can be used for different looking pets, but you don't truly NEED all of the spirit beasts and the molten front rares.

Yes it would be nice if you can store them all, but it is not needed, thus Blizzard will not add more stable slots as there are way more important things they need to do (like fixing power shot and pet bugs).
    Just because it would be rare to need a particular ability, why restrict us? It would be ridiculously easy to add another page (or two) to Hunter stable slots, and just have them open up for max-level Hunters only perhaps. That way it would only take up a tiny fraction of their Database space, since it would only add data for active max-level Hunters that fill them up.

It's frustrating that they added all of the "Challenge Tame" pets, and rare spawns, which are intended to show off your taming ability, and then not include the space for them.

Their excuse of "If we have space for all of them, people will feel like they have to fill them all, and we don't want it to be 'collect them all'" is a weak one, since already people want to collect them all, and nobody feels like they have to have them all. The people who want them will go get them, and the people who don't, won't.

The point is that it's a very easy and small change that would make a number of people very happy.

Making the stable bigger isn't going to delay fixing Powershot or pet bugs.

More slots degenerates the entire hunter class into "pokemon trainer" collect the pets you want release the one's you don't use and the problem is solved. The pokemon system is the pet companions. Don't bring it into the hunter class. Btw the resources required to increase stable slots is more than you might think. There's a reason why they have to be careful of what caps they change no matter who uses them.

They could reduce the storage space by no longer storing the level of the pets (since, after all, they are now auto-leveled to your level). That would mean each stable slot would just need to store the model number, pet type, and name.

More slots doesn't degenerate the class into a "Pokemon Trainer".

There's already a ton of slots, so you can easily get all major raid buffs and still have a few of "fun" pets. However, if you wanted to have access to each raid buff, plus catch all the Challenge Pets, you will run out of room - and it's a bit silly to have these Challenge tames without being able to tame them all. They can't make them achievements, obviously, since class-specific Achievements isn't viable. However, being able to pull out those rarespawns or Challenge tames to show them off is part of the reward for accomplishing these tasks.

If people had 50 stable slots, very few people would fill up the stable.

They could just make it possible to add an extra Stable Slot for 30,000 gold or something. It would be out of reach for a lot of people (and would heavily discourage purchasing the slots, since as mentioned, you could just release pets you don't mind replacing) but the completionists out there would want to get it.

After all, people can buy all kinds of mounts or earn them in various ways, and there's no limit to how many you can accumulate, and you don't have to give up mounts in order to learn new ones! Even though ground mounts are hardly even necessary anymore, and you don't need to worry about getting a "Swift" version of whatever mount anymore either... but people still like to collect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    More stable slots are probably the "issue" I'm least concerned with.

The issue I'm most concerned with is the incredible lack of Eye of the Beast. Hmprf.

more slots would b good specially for the collectors out there

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I a pervert for misreading the title?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Stampede would be interesting...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day