Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The eagles are intelligent beings, not slaves to someone. The eagles wouldn't gain anything by going to a very dangerous adventure across the mountain, they didn't owe Frodo anything.
    Except they could not be dicks and help stop the greatest evil from rampaging across Middle Earth again. It's in their own best interest to help, unless they have some non-aggression pact with Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The eagles are intelligent beings, not slaves to someone. The eagles wouldn't gain anything by going to a very dangerous adventure across the mountain, they didn't owe Frodo anything.
    So I guess eagles like it when it rains fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gamescale. Not to mention he was surrounded by guards on all sides; it seemed like the Sunreaver resistance group had the middle under control at least.

Though a proper mage fight would have been cool. Aethas got stomped in seconds. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, gamescale. Not to mention he was surrounded by guards on all sides; it seemed like the Sunreaver resistance group had the middle under control at least.

Though a proper mage fight would have been cool. Aethas got stomped in seconds. >.<
    Aethas thought he could reason with her. If he'd come in with intent to kill the fight probably would have lasted a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    She was too busy picking on civilians to fight somebody her own size, I guess.
    Indeed.

The blood elf mage would probably kill her off anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aethas thought he could reason with her. If he'd come in with intent to kill the fight probably would have lasted a bit longer.
    True enough. He should have seen it coming after she gunned down all of his bodyguards though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Indeed.

The blood elf mage would probably kill her off anyway.
    i dont think you realize how powerful jaina is. theres probably less than a handful of people that could put up a serious fight against her on their own native to azeroth
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Did I say she was weak? No. What I said is that she chose to use her strength to bully and kill tradesmen and innkeepers instead of fight an archmage at or near her own level. Which she did.
    I agree, as an alliance player, she went a bit overboard. But did she even know he was there? If they did cross paths it would be a completely different story. Who knows what would of happened, but I would still put my money on Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think you realize how powerful jaina is. theres probably less than a handful of people that could put up a serious fight against her on their own native to azeroth
    I could. Not with violence, but with my silver tongue. She will give birth to my human-orc hybrid babies and we will settle down somewhere nice and quiet. Her fire balls and frost bolts cannot withstand my level 100 sweet nothings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Why didnt Frodo take the eagles to fly to mordor?
    Because he wasn't lvl 60 so he couldn't own his own eagle and all the others eagle were only for 1 passanger and not 2 so noone could take him there

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I could. Not with violence, but with my silver tongue. She will give birth to my human-orc hybrid babies and we will settle down somewhere nice and quiet. Her fire balls and frost bolts cannot withstand my level 100 sweet nothings.
    That's one of your pickup lines?

Well... i'm pretty sure she would want something.... bigger... you can't even compare yourself with a dragon... even more an ex-aspect (yeah we all know that he was an aspect for just like 5 mins but it still counts)

Attacking her would have been counterproductive, he wanted to get as many Sunreavers out as possible, battling Jaina across the city was not part of the plan, though it really would have been interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I agree, as an alliance player, she went a bit overboard. But did she even know he was there? If they did cross paths it would be a completely different story. Who knows what would of happened, but I would still put my money on Jaina.
    He's the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas, which makes him the most powerful mage representative of a race that not only taught humans everything they know about the arcane but also that eats magic to live. Jaina would have a fight on her hands if she tangled with him. However, granted, lore-wise he wasn't interested in a fight, he was mounting a rescue operation, so he would have been trying to get around by misdirection and stealth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And leave the whole circle unpatrolled? Jaina may be angry, but she is not crazy!
    No, she just have OCD.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

He's the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas, which makes him the most powerful mage representative of a race that not only taught humans everything they know about the arcane but also that eats magic to live. Jaina would have a fight on her hands if she tangled with him. However, granted, lore-wise he wasn't interested in a fight, he was mounting a rescue operation, so he would have been trying to get around by misdirection and stealth.
    All i can say is, it will be very interesting to see how the remainder of this expansion plays out and how the major NPC's play a role in it. Going to be good!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would love to see a strong horde mage such as aethas or Rommath have a battle with jaina...heres hoping its included in the 5.2 rep grind :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    The eagles would be corrupted by the ring as anyone else. They wouldn't even get close to the mountain of doom, since the ring's calling was stronger the more they got nearer it. In the end, the eagle would use the ring, either becoming a servant of Sauron or making it easier for Sauron to locate and get the ring back.
    no the reason was that the eagles where neutral. the only helped gandalf because the lord of the eagles owned that to gandalf.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is pretty OP with the focusing iris thingy amplifying her magic. With it, she's probably the strongest mortal mage. Without it, Khadgar might trump her, and idk how powerful Rommath or Aethas are.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The timelines do not coincide. Just like the Horde Theramore scenario takes place before the mana bomb, the Alliance one takes place afterwards.
    What on earth are you talking about no it doesn't.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    What on earth are you talking about no it doesn't.
    yes it does. Horde one = rescuing Thalen Songweaver BEFORE the mana bomb. Alliance one is AFTER the mana bomb has been dropped and there's a giant bloody crater in the middle of the ruined city. Get YOUR facts straight please.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    yes it does. Horde one = rescuing Thalen Songweaver BEFORE the mana bomb. Alliance one is AFTER the mana bomb has been dropped and there's a giant bloody crater in the middle of the ruined city. Get YOUR facts straight please.
    You're thinking of an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCENARIO

Thalen songweaver isn't present in the one where the sunreavers are pushed out of Dalaran, you're thinking of rescuing him from Theramoore, which took place before Cataclysm.
    Twas brillig